Highland Trapdoorwatch 2021-22

Ray Patterson

Loving the idea that anyone would need to 'cheat' to eject plucky Fort William, when if those gormless clowns had actually been able to field a team and host a match they'd have lost 20-0 on aggregate. 

33 minutes ago, Ignoramus said:

This lad in particular seems to be taking things particularly poorly:

Boy's an absolute fruitloop, I particularly like this one:

He seems very upset

Edited by Cyclizine

Fort William can moan all they want. They’ve known this was coming and it’s amateurish. In fact it’s worse than amateurish. There is better run clubs in the Perth Ammies.

The sooner they drop again the better.

This lad in particular seems to be taking things particularly poorly:

"Aberdeen is not in the Highlands", hopefully we can get promoted next year. Imagine the meltdown he'll have over a Dundee team entering the HL. [emoji1787][emoji23]

56 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Boy's an absolute fruitloop, I particularly like this one:

Since Christmas there have been several games where Fort didn't field a single Scotsman, far less a Highlander. They thought that a bunch of North of England Sunday leaguers would show the Teuchters how football is meant to be played.

11 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Since Christmas there have been several games where Fort didn't field a single Scotsman, far less a Highlander. They thought that a bunch of North of England Sunday leaguers would show the Teuchters how football is meant to be played.

I was at a match down in Lancashire at Nelson (tenth tier of English football) a few months ago, and was stood next to a proper old boy explaining to a local how one of their best players had up sticks to Fort William and seemed at a loss as to why. I would love to how long it took all these hired hands to realise what they'd actually signed up to.

Loving the idea that anyone would need to 'cheat' to eject plucky Fort William, when if those gormless clowns had actually been able to field a team and host a match they'd have lost 20-0 on aggregate. 

I've just tweeted more or less exactly this in response, right down to the 20-0 part, before I even read your post.

Just now, Snafu said:

What are they appealing to the SFA about?

Are they objecting to being told to cut the grass?

It's apparently to do with the player eligibility rules and the fact the HFL refused to let them register extra players for the games.

6 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

Agree with LTL.

They should have played the game under protest and then appealed to have the game replayed.

They didn't intend the game to be played, they hadn't even bothered painting lines or cutting the grass at Claggan for their pitch inspection. My guess is they went all in bringing players in to avoid coming bottom, when that didn't work they had no plan B to have eligible players for the play off.

Edited by welshbairn