Highland Trapdoorwatch 2021-22

Ray Patterson

2 hours ago, kevsmart said:

Apparently there is a inspection in the days before FW scheduled home leg to see if it indeed playable

The game being called off due to a waterlogged pitch would be a fitting epitaph to FW's HL career.

The absolute supreme knowledge of those on the Fort Facebook page that assumed another year of being shyte guaranteed them another season in the HL.
I enjoyed my only visit to Claggan in 1994 (won 3-0 and Nairn finished bottom) but f**k it should not have taken till 2022 to stand a chance of jettisoning them to levels their play deserves.

I just had a look at that FB page as well, the state of that... :D 

People convinced the Highland League was the lowest league in Scotland. Maybe they will suddenly realise that the "Worst football team in Britain" was just a tag they milked but has never been correct.

The tag of ‘worst team in Britain’ was a sham from the word go. They’d a boy up from FourFourTwo to do a piece on them the day they hosted Lossie in September 2018, and Lossie - then on zero points and rebuilding the team from almost scratch via youth players - were only above Fort due to Fort’s admin error earlier in the season that saw them docked nine points. They’d actually drawn a pair of games since then and Lossie were in a hell of a state (P10, L10), something the 442 boy seemed surprised to learn when he spoke to the Lossie support, his editor seemingly having laid on thick the WTIB bit.

The club lie about the length of a losing/winless run to anyone who’d listen - presumably going without a win for just the 700+ days wasn’t as big a story as the 800+ Fort were telling whoever phoned the social club - was bizarre. What kind of a boast is it to be the worst?

Four years on from that game (Lossie won 3-4 after an injury-time winner that followed an injury-time leveller from Fort) Lossie have since patched themselves up a bit and kicked their way up the pile. Still work to do for next season, starting on Saturday. Fort? Got their picture in the papers a few times, and Ken from Southend is still promising on Facebook he’ll go to a game one day. One day. 

The boy from FourFourTwo should cart his arse back up and look into how Fort have done business this season. Complete mess. 

17 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

The tag of ‘worst team in Britain’ was a sham from the word go. They’d a boy up from FourFourTwo to do a piece on them the day they hosted Lossie in September 2018, and Lossie - then on zero points and rebuilding the team from almost scratch via youth players - were only above Fort due to Fort’s admin error earlier in the season that saw them docked nine points. They’d actually drawn a pair of games since then and Lossie were in a hell of a state (P10, L10), something the 442 boy seemed surprised to learn when he spoke to the Lossie support, his editor seemingly having laid on thick the WTIB bit.

The club lie about the length of a losing/winless run to anyone who’d listen - presumably going without a win for just the 700+ days wasn’t as big a story as the 800+ Fort were telling whoever phoned the social club - was bizarre. What kind of a boast is it to be the worst?

Four years on from that game (Lossie won 3-4 after an injury-time winner that followed an injury-time leveller from Fort) Lossie have since patched themselves up a bit and kicked their way up the pile. Still work to do for next season, starting on Saturday. Fort? Got their picture in the papers a few times, and Ken from Southend is still promising on Facebook he’ll go to a game one day. One day. 

The boy from FourFourTwo should cart his arse back up and look into how Fort have done business this season. Complete mess. 

I never realised folk still read 4-4-2.

Same ones probably watch Soccer AM as well.

9 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Fort finding form at the right time, winning their first league game this season.

May there be a twist in the tale in the upcoming HL play-offs? 👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀👀

No chance........,saw them at Keith a week ago,absolute bunch of jobbers !!

11 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I would agree with you there. Just trying to inject some (very cynical) needle into this match-up.

I can assure you that the Fort manager's pal Roberto Martinez has been following BoD around the North East and compiling detailed reports that will be fed into Iftikhar's FM programme as an algorithm, and see BoD vanquished!

14 minutes ago, Cornishman said:

We do realise that if the HL champion promotes to League2, then Fort ain't relegated?

Bottom isn't a relegation spot, it's a playoff spot. Fort will still be playing Banks o' Dee. If (when) they lose, they'll be relegated and Dee promoted. Fraserburgh winning through the HL/LL/SPFL2 playoffs would leave the Highland League with 17 teams, they've run with odd numbers before. Fort won't be reprieved. They may chance their arm at reapplying for a HL spot and theoretically could be accepted, but then so could any licenced club.

Edited by Cyclizine

13 minutes ago, Cornishman said:

We do realise that if the HL champion promotes to League2, then Fort ain't relegated?

Don't remember any provision for that in the rule that was drafted, can you show us where it is? It appeared to me to be whoever is bottom vs tier 6 playoff winner for a place in the following season's HL with no extra caveats. Unlike the LL, the HL hasn't operated with a fixed number of members.

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

You've been drinking too much of the local water.

That appears so! My bad! Think I assumed that HL & LL operated a more similar relegation policy. At least it created a little extra 'think space', lol!

Don't remember any provision for that in the rule that was drafted, can you show us where it is? It appeared to me to be whoever is bottom vs tier 6 playoff winner for a place in the following season's HL with no extra caveats. Unlike the LL, the HL hasn't operated with a fixed number of members.

And they probably wouldn’t be accepted considering they’ve been unable to fulfil fixtures at their home ground. Technically Golspie or Lochee could then apply and would stand a better chance. Would make a bit of a mockery of the play-off though. The only reason Fort should stay up is if they somehow manage to beat BoD. Otherwise, get them down and they can sort their shit out.

40 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Bottom isn't a relegation spot, it's a playoff spot. Fort will still be playing Banks o' Dee. If (when) they lose, they'll be relegated and Dee promoted. Fraserburgh winning through the HL/LL/SPFL2 playoffs would leave the Highland League with 17 teams, they've run with odd numbers before. Fort won't be reprieved. They may chance their arm at reapplying for a HL spot and theoretically could be accepted, but then so could any licenced club.

But hopefully only if they could spell.