Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Whilst a full-on headsgone at this is justified, at this point all I can do is laugh like f**k at Nelms. He's a total moron.

Yeah, agree, save the headsgone till the weekend, aided and abetted with fine malt.

The man is a complete mammary.

31 minutes ago, Kapowzer said:

What makes you think it was anyone out than Steve Brown that's the puppet master here?

Naw. Something like this points to deep seated hatred.  Appoint McPake, get them promoted.  Give them a bit of hope that they might escape relegation.  Finally bin McPake in a way that makes it look like Jack Ross is lined up to replace him. Then detonate the 'McGhee' .  You don't do something as horrible as that just to avoid relegation.  This is Hague 'crimes against humanity' level stuff. Clearly Nelms attraction to Dundee is that a couple of their fans killed his parents.  It's the only explanation.

Then again I could be wrong.  It happens.

Edited by Dagdagh

2 minutes ago, Dagdagh said:

Naw. Something like this points to deep seated hatred.  Appoint McPake, get them promoted.  Give them a bit of hope that they might escape relegation.  Then detonate the 'McGhee' .  You don't something as horrible as that just to avoid relegation.  This is Hague 'crimes against humanity' level stuff. Clearly Nelms attraction to Dundee is that a couple of their fans killed his parents.  It's the only explanation.

Then again I could be wrong.  It happens.

Ex-Arab and pigeon fancier Big Duncan Ferguson? ....... 2 birds, nae cups?

image.png.ece489fbe8a1f956cb094f8df7830cd2.png

"Gmwmwmwwwwmmw pigeon bas gmwmwmwm hehehehehehehe"

2 hours ago, capt_oats said:

Aye. I mentioned in our thread a while back that the 15/16 season kind of flies under the radar. He was manager the last time we beat Celtic (but was also manager when we lost 7-0 on live TV).

Was the story not that he was basically commuting between Brighton and here? Which was fine with Robinson but once he left for Oldham it meant that McFadden was taking training with McGhee pitching up midweek. Or something like that.

Yeah, even with the benefit of 5/6 years hindsight I'm still not really sure how to characterise his reign. In any case it should serve as a stark reminder to everyone of how quickly you can go from looking like a competent football team to spiralling off a cliff, basically in a space of a few months.

I can see why Dees are raging and I definitely wouldn't want him back here if Alexander left tomorrow, but I don't think it's as horrendous appointment as people are making out. John Hughes kept County up less than a year ago.

I’m away for a couple of weeks so watching from afar. It’s not the appointment I’d have wanted, the timing of the whole thing is patently bonkers, but like with any new Dundee manager I’ll reserve my anger until he’s had at least had 45 minutes to show what he can do.

I’m away for a couple of weeks so watching from afar. It’s not the appointment I’d have wanted, the timing of the whole thing is patently bonkers, but like with any new Dundee manager I’ll reserve my anger until he’s had at least had 45 minutes to show what he can do.

You sent your season ticket back 5 minutes after bomber brown appeared.

For what it’s worth it’s a very strange appointment at a strange time and I don’t get why they’ve let McPake go now.