Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This whole thing is just *so Dundee*
Empty a failing manager in January to allow the new man to get some of his his own bodies in for the vital run in? Nope, wait till February, so he can’t make any meaningful additions to the squad.
In fact wait till the failing manager finally puts a couple of decent away wins on the board, then empty him. That will really throw people off.
The new appointment must clearly be an improvement, one you had to wait for, hence the unusual timing? Jack Ross?
Nope, he’s been a figure of fun in Scottish football for years. He’s also been out of work since October so you could have got him at any time since then. His last two jobs were failures in the English non league. Strangely his last role was assistant to Simon Rusk before Stockport sacked them both. Rusk is now his assistant at Dundee?
Oh well, at least the new man will be able to come in and make an immediate impact and get them fired up from the touch line. Nope, he’s banned for the next six games after he typically threw the toys out the pram in 2017.
It’s bat shit mental from start to finish. Imagine if it works?

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

Stockport County fans are rampant on our forum telling us how brutal Rusk was for them.

In fairness they're also talking up the bold Jim Gannon which I'll not lie, I got quite the laugh from. Absolute maniac.

Ironically he succeeded Mark McGhee at Fir Park (and lasted 25 games).

Edited by capt_oats

11 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
6 hours ago, Day of the Lords said:
That's definitely our most banter managerial appointment in living memory. Fucking hell. I think it even outdoes Dave "Coco" Smith.

It's worse than the McIntyre appointment.

Steady now.

At least he can't take in Martin fuckin' Woods.

On 06/02/2022 at 22:01, Ludo*1 said:

With rumours swirling from multiple sources right now that it's to be announced that McPake is a goner ranging from forum posts to absolute non-entities claiming scoops on Twitter as seen here:

I thought it was time for this thread. Even if it's not true, we've got pumpings from Hearts & Celtic to look forward to in the next few games so talking about the future can maybe give some Dee fans a moment away from the absolute misery of this season.

Usual list of no hopers, realistic candidates and overly ambitious names attached.

Probably best to just keep this thread running, I reckon.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

Stockport County fans are rampant on our forum telling us how brutal Rusk was for them.

One summed it up with this image:

C1D7231F-F412-4C72-A3F5-45A0DE3CE98C.jpeg

Best ignoring Stockport County. Mini R*ng*rs. 

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

It sounds like Rusk is actually the new manager and McGhee is just being stuck in the firing line, tbh.

It sounds like a Motherwell set up when McGhee was in charge in that he can't be fucked travelling from England for half the week. 

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

It sounds like a Motherwell set up when McGhee was in charge in that he can't be fucked travelling from England for half the week. 

Aye, I suspect you'll be getting Rusk officially as manager this Summer tbh, unless it's a complete bombsite of a few months for you.