Dundee's Next Permanent Manager

Who will be Dundee's next permanent manager?  

153 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I can only see the logic in Jack Ross.

We've punted McPake at a weird time, especially after 2 wins and we all know how much faith Nelms had in Ross. Aberdeen have been sniffing around Ross and with Goodwin the favourite, St Mirren would've wanted him back instantly so my thought is Nelms felt a decision had to be made.

The statement has said we're looking for someone with experience.

That means it has to be Jack Ross, Neil Lennon, Tommy Wright or Derek Adams for me (some of those are dreadful shouts IMO).

The only one that would cause Nelms to act with such urgency right now and pull the trigger on McPake is Jack Ross because he's the possibly wanted man.

Add in the fact that Nelms has made him a massive target before and it all adds up.

:lol:

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

I'd take McGhee if he's Strachan's assistant. That seems a much more likely proposition especially considering McGhee's ban.

Scott Burns saying Strachan is helping to pick new manager.

”the new manager is… me!”

'kin hell! I thought this McGhee chat was a delicious wind-up - but it's slightly more credible than I thought. That would be the most cinch appointment ever.

You would think the Dundee folk memory would remember the state a McGhee Motherwell were in when Dundee went 5-1 by half time - some photographic highlights (including Mark O'hara's haircut) from the match report

Mark O'Hara made it 3-1 to Dundee in the first half

1323754070_Screenshot2022-02-16223722.png.19f729a59c0b7772a78b7c4ce79c156d.png

A group of Motherwell fans gathered outside Fir Park after full time to voice their displeasure with manager Mark McGhee

1 minute ago, johnnydun said:

Hey @Menzel!

I think I have found that job opportunity I've been after...

Is a short-term contract in such a volatile market what you are looking for at this time?

I'm aware of another candidate M. McGhee Mark M may be in advanced stages

1 minute ago, buddie06smfc said:

:lol:

The logic is still there. He'll be pieing us until he finds out the script with Aberdeen.

1 minute ago, K.T said:

Scott Burns saying Strachan is helping to pick new manager.

”the new manager is… me!”

Just now, Welly boy said:

You get rid of a shit manager for an even shitter manager good work dundee.😂

nintchdbpict000358997267 (1).jpg

Strachan is an absolute multitude of levels better than most in this division and McPake tbh.

2 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The logic is still there. He'll be pieing us until he finds out the script with Aberdeen.

Strachan is an absolute multitude of levels better than most in this division and McPake tbh.

Not to pat my own back, but I like the fact that Austin is in Texas and Tim Keyes is a Texan.

Double the patter.

Patter.

Patter

48 minutes ago, Menzel said:

Not surprised that the on-edge 'Sainthearted' has started stinking up another thread. Surely not long before full cranial detachment.

I hope not. That would put me in the same category as the avg. referee who officiates a St Johnstone vs. Aberdeen fixture. 

2 minutes ago, Menzel said:

Is a short-term contract in such a volatile market what you are looking for at this time?

I'm aware of another candidate M. McGhee Mark M may be in advanced stages

TBF, if I put on my CV;

Role - johnnydun

Company - Pie & Bovril

Dates - 2013 till Present.

Responsibilities - Holding Dundee managers to account with the successful 'McPake Out' campaign, encouraging outfield squad players to 'Pass forward and Drive on', encouraging the Dundee FC goalkeepers to 'Work faster'. Giving detailed accounts of where players are failing. Using the GDS owl curse to Dundee FC's advantage.

I think I would be in for a shout.