Alloa v Falkirk, Tuesday, 8th February 2022

I’d heard stories about how bad Fernandy Mendy was but couldn’t believe how bad he was in the flesh, booked within 2 minutes and genuinely one of the worst centre halves I’ve seen and that’s coming from a fan of a club who has Brad Mckay for 2 1/2 more years!

First half we had some good interplay in the last third but seemed to lose it for 10/15 mins just before half time and played out a bit too much but second half was an absolute walkover.

Jaze and Dowds great yet again and when Telfer shows up he’s and absolute delight to watch. 

Also bringing Seb Ross and Jaime Wilson ( at wingback) should see Barry out the door tomorrow but I’m sure his Tory boss will be delighted with his work yet again.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Totally unacceptable way to treat paying customers- hope they go down

(1) pushing you to get etickets yet not having enough staff to let etickets in while having several pay at the gate turnstiles with noone at them

(2) selling a 5 week old programme at full price and not telling the customer

(3) no subs electronic boards so you don't know who's coming on and off

(4) no ball boys so the game gets held up all the time while players have to get the ball themselves

(5) poor live stream, high cost etc

I have a bit of a soft spot for alloa as I live locally,  I don't mind the poor pitch,   and facilities but there is no excuse for treating paying customers like above. really poor, doesn't make me want to rush back

54 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Also, get in the bin anyone saying alloa tv boy should be sacked etc. Was a joke in poor taste ffs, not the end of the world. Move on 

Exactly that. Let’s leave the legitimate sanctimonious outrage to the Raith Rovers support, and the ridiculous sanctimonious outrage bollocks to the Buddies supporters. We don’t need to be willing participants in any mock shock nonsense. 

8 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Just watching the highlights, how the feck is that corner stantion thing in the goals legal?! Third goal is clearly going in, hits that and comes out - very tough for officials to notice it. Wild 

Just mentioned this in the Falkirk thread.

Thought these stanchions had been done away with years ago.

9 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Also, get in the bin anyone saying alloa tv boy should be sacked etc. Was a joke in poor taste ffs, not the end of the world. Move on 

I don’t think he should be sacked but someone should be having a word in his ear about what he should and shouldn’t be saying when representing Alloa FC. The allegations against Griffiths were investigated by the police and no charges were preferred which should be an end to the matter. Of course fans of other clubs will use it to beat/goad him and he will get abuse on social media as mud sticks but this shouldn’t be done by other club officials.

4 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don’t think he should be sacked but someone should be having a word in his ear about what he should and shouldn’t be saying when representing Alloa FC. The allegations against Griffiths were investigated by the police and no charges were preferred which should be an end to the matter. Of course fans of other clubs will use it to beat/goad him and he will get abuse on social media as mud sticks but this shouldn’t be done by other club officials.

kept the comment in the highlights package aswell 🙈

Edited by falkirkzombie

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Appreciate it was for Guinea-Bissau but the fact that that Mendy was on the bench during AFCON games has me buckled.

They called him up initially when he wasn't getting a game for Raith and they clearly weren't watching his Alloa performances when he got his recent call up. I do suspect they just see he is playing pro football in the UK and think he must be half decent.

Mendy has basically made a career from Raith thinking he might have potential, then when they realised it was a mistake, who rocked up but Barry Ferguson to take him to Kelty then Alloa. If Ferguson was picking the team based on performance Mendy would be nowhere near it. 

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Was a mistake - just about to remove it. 

It was clear last night that Falkirk have improved considerably from our previous meetings while we have regressed. Falkirk's movement in the forward areas in particular was of much higher calibre than anything I'd seen from them in previous games 

In the first few minutes of the game Falkirk could easily have scored twice (with Mendy making mistakes all over the place) but we gradually grew into the game with Mendy beginning to settle down. We created a few chances in the first half but that was more through hard work capitalising on mistakes by Falkirk than any great spells of football. In this half Conor Sammon was continuing his mini revival and causing quite a few problems, although a cynic might say he only turns it on in big games and when he feels he's got a point to prove against his old team.

Second half we just didn't get going. Falkirk scored a very good first goal and thereafter the only positive we had was a shot from distance from Euan Henderson. It was probably the worst 45 minutes of football I've seen for many years (I was arguing last night that performances under Billy Lamont and Pat MacAuley were worse) with misplaced pass after misplaced pass. In the end 3-0 probably flattered us given our second half performance.

It's been obvious for weeks that we have to get rid of Ferguson and last night should be a final nail in his coffin. My fear is that he'll be allowed to stumble on until the end of the season despite it being clear to almost everyone that his appointment was an undoubted (and entirely predictable) mistake.