Saints v Saintees - Wednesday 9 February

Wasn't the pen for handball ? Looked from the stand Grieve got a head flick and the Fakes defender put his hands up to shield his face. Will see on Sportscene shortly.

Saints won despite going behind and never really getting out of 2nd gear as we simply never had too. Very little fight from the Perth mob after they fell behind and I'm struggling to remember a shot on target in the 2nd half.

Anyway onwards the Buds march, this is a right good run now. With Tanser and Brophy hopefully back soon we really have a platform to kick on.

2 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Greive was excellent tonight, my MotM not just for his goal but his running, hustling and hassling of the Saintees centre backs.

Sure his goal was a tap in but good strikers make a career of being in the right place at the right time.

He looks to be a real find.

Greive must have drawn at least a dozen or so fouls tonight. McCart did okay against him to be fair but the boy Cleary was totally hung out of.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

We've not come back to win a league game after going behind since January 2021, have scored an equaliser once this season, and have been in the lead for just 13.3% of the season.

We don't win games unless we score first, and I think we've scored 11 goals from open play in 25 games.

Combine all that with a squad whos collapsed all season, including a game against a League Two side, the moment they fall behind.

I guess we have witnessed some remarkable “Great Escapes” in the last decade or so. 

When everyone else in Scottish football said we were down and out, our fans galvanised behind our team and together we managed to pull off remarkable escapes. 

Maybe it’s something in the blood in Paisley that we don’t give up. 

1 minute ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I guess we have witnessed some remarkable “Great Escapes” in the last decade or so. 

When everyone else in Scottish football said we were down and out, our fans galvanised behind our team and together we managed to pull off remarkable escapes. 

😂

17 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Schitts Creek Eww GIF by CBC

Just now, Billy Jean King said:

Who was the big Bair guy who came on tonight ? Utterly dreadful, looked like he had never played pro football before today !

To be fair, Alex Greive has barely played any pro football until two weeks ago, but has managed not to look absolutely gash.

Just now, Coventry Saint said:

To be fair, Alex Greive has barely played any pro football until two weeks ago, but has managed not to look absolutely gash.

TBF Greive is playing a simple role in a well drilled side with an organised system.

Good luck to any c**t coming into our omnishambles. Genuinely no idea what shape we were even playing for the majority of that second half. A CM containing an immobile playmaker, a ghost, and a kid who barely stood out for Alloa. Great stuff.

The rubber joanies still leaking goals and now bottom of the league.  Not a classic game but not classic weather ether must admit ppv is a god send season ticket has been a complete waste of money for me this season been to three home games so far. Looks more a confidence thing for the rubber joanies would be surprised if they went down if they make the play off's.  Fingers crossed St Mirren can keep their top six place maybe even getting into Europe.  Been to Belgum, France, Holland following Saints would be a dream to get back and follow Saints in Europe fingers crossed 🤞.  

I’d swap to be in St Johnstone’s position just now if we could have won both cups last season.

Frustratingly, our season has turned on abandoning the 3 at the back. If JG had done it earlier we could be in an even better position.

Had we done it last season it could have been us winning both cups. 

First time I've seen Gogić, JJ and Greive in the flesh, impressed with them and all the team tonight. 

Thought Alnwick was as solid as always but unusually wasteful in his kickouts tonight.  Conditions wouldn't have helped, obviously.  

Ronan was always going to score his penalty, soon as he grabbed the ball I knew it was going in. 

Thats my lads 100% record at St Mirren still intact. Asking to go again on Saturday.  Good omens.  

1 minute ago, Doctor Sanchez said:

First time I've seen Gogić, JJ and Greive in the flesh, impressed with them and all the team tonight. 

Thought Alnwick was as solid as always but unusually wasteful in his kickouts tonight.  Conditions wouldn't have helped, obviously.  

Ronan was always going to score his penalty, soon as he grabbed the ball I knew it was going in. 

Thats my lads 100% record at St Mirren still intact. Asking to go again on Saturday.  Good omens.  

Those lads need season tickets 👍🏻