Saints v Saintees - Wednesday 9 February

Pretty even until we went ahead then everyone could have headed home. The Fakes totally capitulated at that point and the subs made them worse. Relatively comfortable in the end although Jim's starting formation of 4-2-1-3 left us pretty exposed in the middle but the Fakes failed to capitilise on it.

Special mention to Greive, Gogic and Joe but no real failures.

13 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

Crawford is just fucking awful. Get him far, far to f**k.

Poster boy of our relegation side.

Looks alright when things are going well, soft as shite, heart of a pea.

6 hours ago, Zamora Fan said:

Time running out for St Mirren to ensure Munoz doesn’t owe a charity of my choice a tenner at the end of the season, what with the Buddies dreadful recent form and Saints awe-inspiring upturn in results and performances bound to instigate a charge up the table. It’s a big chance missed for the best Buddies team in 40 years if they can’t find a way to thwart us here, and would really beg the question: will St Mirren ever finish above us again?

(Nil-nil, both teams with a man sent off and a combined 3 shots on target all game. Saints banter page to hail “another step in the right erection coys #packrule” and Callum Davidson to say after the game that he’s delighted “the players have given the fans something to cheer about”. Again)

Do you wish to settle early?

8 minutes ago, Sainthearted said:

Europe? Calm down. Has any St Mirren fan ever spent more than a few hours outside Paisley before?

Wouldn't that require things like disposable income and social skills?

PoliticalBraveElephantseal-max-1mb.gif

an amazing thing happened at the football tonight.for the first time ever i heard the st johnstone fans singing at a match in paisley [emoji50]

Yeah I meant to add that I thought their fans were brilliant tonight. At the end of the game when were in cruise control and they were sitting bottom of the league they were still singing and twirling their scarves. What a night to make that journey to be rewarded with a performance like that, kudos to them. One of the best away supports I’ve seen this season.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Poster boy of our relegation side.

Looks alright when things are going well, soft as shite, heart of a pea.

You have such a losers attitude. Your club could get out of this mess with a few wins against teams around you. 

Support your club. The players gave you a cup double last year. The least you can do is try and support them. Instead you are pleased that some of your players are injured. 

What was the xG tonight? 

Mad to think that St Johnstone have spunked about 300k on some absolute diddies, paid another 50k for our 12th choice centre mid and recalled a player that they deemed not good enough earlier in the season and expected to pull themselves out the mess that they were in with them. 

St Mirren to come from behind to win and Callum Davidson to complain as he thought that was against the rules.

Well, he did complain about something - almost spot on!

Cliche alert, but the second goal absolutely turned the game - seemed like St Johnstone went from looking reasonably composed to panic stations in an instant.

Decent enough watch, although fucking freezing in the south stand! St Johnstone penalty a stonewaller, ours awaits trial by Sportscene, and the cross absolutely makes Greive’s goal.

Probably sums the game up that the two moments of real quality - that goal and Cammy MacPherson’s effort in the first half - both fell in our favour. Maybe a sign that luck is with us this season.

Very easy in the end, which you wouldn't have expected after that 20 minutes in the first half where Kiltie missed a good chance and we just went to pieces. Greive, Gogic, Ronan and Jones all played well. Would give Greive motm, absolutely ran the carthorses at the back ragged, and it was a miracle at least one of the two wasn't sent off in the second half.

St Johnstone's number 6 and the big 17 that came on are two of the worst players I've seen at this level for a while. The right wing back was pretty awful too.

Anyway, it's always good to beat St Johnstone, especially when it was so important to them today. Their fans on here are by far the worst set of posters on the site, and seeing them all throw their rattles out the pram is exactly what I was hoping for when I clicked on this thread. Glorious.

8 minutes ago, Lex said:

Yeah I meant to add that I thought their fans were brilliant tonight. At the end of the game when were in cruise control and they were sitting bottom of the league they were still singing and twirling their scarves. What a night to make that journey to be rewarded with a performance like that, kudos to them. One of the best away supports I’ve seen this season.

I mean whilst that's fair enough, them coming round to the home end for their wee bams to pick a fight with our wee bams outside the ground sort of put a dampener on their efforts.

Loads of wee bams from Paisley and Perth waking up tomorrow with chills from all the fresh air from missed punches wafting in their faces.

4 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Your club could get out of this mess with a few wins against teams around you. 

We've not come back to win a league game after going behind since January 2021, have scored an equaliser once this season, and have been in the lead for just 13.3% of the season.

We don't win games unless we score first, and I think we've scored 11 goals from open play in 25 games.

Combine all that with a squad whos collapsed all season, including a game against a League Two side, the moment they fall behind.