Saints v Saintees - Wednesday 9 February

Just now, PauloPerth said:

Unbelievable refereeing. You could almost feel like we are being cheated this season.

It's bizarre.

I thought Hibs getting a penalty for it hitting McCarts hip was bad, but at least you could see why the ref got that wrong at full speed. Literally nothing happened for tonight's.

HT 1-1
Scrappy and error strewn stuff there. Played in some atrocious conditions, it’s been like a heavily shaken snow globe at times.
Hasn’t been much in the game, both teams had a few long range efforts but easy meat for the goalies. Thought the e best chance that wasn’t scored was a Free header for Kiltie at the back post, never got any kind of contact on it though.
Then the two penalties. First one is really daft from Fraser, who’s had a poor game actually. I don’t think the attacker is reaching e the ball, no idea why he’s pulling him back. Stonewall.
Then ours, was a cross in and I think Greive fell over. No real claims that I seen from players or crowd, given and dispatched by Ronan. Soft, fingers crossed it wasn’t a pen, would almost make up for the wrongly disallowed goal in August.
Draw the most likely outcome, but there’s definitely more mistakes from both teams coming. Either team is capable of losing this 1-2/2-1.

A draw probably a fair result at half time, both teams had spells on top. So fucking frustrating to, yet again, see us fight like f**k and put ourselves in a great position then, once again, get fucked by a clueless ref.

Games still there to be taken but we rarely play well in both halves and we rarely score twice, so aye, it's hard to have much hope.

Will say that’s probably the best St Johnstone crowd I’ve ever seen in paisley.
A low bar granted, but they’re here in decent numbers on a brutal winter evening. And they’ve not stopped singing. Good on them.

6 minutes ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

My stream died and came back just in time to see that nonsense being given. What the f**k? That’s a referee looking to level it up even though he got the first one absolutely spot on.

Maybe somebody told him he missed a clear push on Fraser 2 seconds before the penalty?

St Mirren fans, man. Get an absolute shocker of a penalty handed to them to drag them back into the game, and they're going on about decisions in August and random pushes literally nobody else has seen or mentioned.

It must be a Glasgow thing.

Comfortably the better team then the referee decides to make up a penalty out of nothing.

A far more entertaining game between the sides than we've become accustomed to, chances and saves at either end.

This game highlights in a nutshell the dichotomy of both Macpherson and especially Crawford. Dreadful in open play, giving the ball away regularly, but a real threat around the box with great shooting.

After saying before the game that our only threat comes from crosses,tonight we've been working chances from around the centre of the park by good interpassing more than any other time this season.

Tait is shite, let's get at him more.

Nonsense decision. Two back to back in massive games for us.

Looked shaky first 10 and thought we were better side after that. Great save from Alnwick from MacPherson in particular. Crawford is so frustrating the amount of times he's miscontrolled or picked the wrong option.

Murray stick on for a red.