Worldle (guess the country)

welshbairn

16 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Only Asian country located entirely in the Southern Hemisphere.

Also, the clue is missing the exclave to the west.  Where do I complain?

My one was it means East East whether you say it in English, Portuguese or Indonesian. Timor derives from timur, Malay for East.

9 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I don't like the fact this one gives an outline of the country. Makes it too easy

You can turn the map off under settings on the top right if you fancied more of a challenge.

I'm 0/2 so it's staying on for me!

7 hours ago, welshbairn said:

My one was it means East East whether you say it in English, Portuguese or Indonesian. Timor derives from timur, Malay for East.

In Bahasa Indonesian doubling words to pluralise or change the meaning is common, so doesn’t seem as bizarre as ‘East-East’ would be for us.

Anak is a child, Anak-Anak are children.

Jalan is a road, Jalan-Jalan is to go walking.

Indonesians, crazy bunch of lad-lad

42 minutes ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

As am I. And I’m struggling. The last 3 days have been exceptionally difficult. Aye?

Started it 4 days ago. Struggled a little with Andorra on the first one. The last three have been shoe-ins for myself. In saying that Timor-Leste is close by for me (and a little topical) and I have worked in and spent enough time in Hong Kong to recognise it instantly. 

Today, was part of it being a ‘topical country’ in more recent years and maybe just getting my head in to the way they are selecting these countries. 

I’ll come unstuck, guaranteed tomorrow now, but enjoying this and a shame it will be short lived once they have exhausted the more obscure and lesser countries.