The Ayrshire derby

5 minutes ago, AyrAtlanta said:

Used to be stadium announcer at that shithole. Utter melt of a guy. I’m sure there’s footage of him standing in the SRE with one of the Paligap strips on back in the day supporting Ayr. Can anyone confirm?

I can confirm he is an utter melt, he occasionally does the commentary for Killie TV and I find him unlistenable, to be fair he's really enthusiastic and I appreciate that but his knowledge of football is very limited he loves a hyperbolic rant, that being said the way VAR is it would probably have been a red card ( VAR gonna VAR ) but I doubt that would've made much difference to the result.

Just watching the Footy Adventures vlog of it. Respect to all the Ayr fans there, and glad to see them having something to cheer this season. I hope you stay up.

12 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:

Nonsense Muirhead done his job well on. Lafferty all night

I watched the situation closely Aaro stood his ground Lafferty went off on  one tried to rattle Aaro with shoulder and later punched him in the back close to touchline

Lafferty was putting it about all game

I’ve been hiding in a dark cupboard for the past few days, don’t know why………..

I was very close to that Lafferty incident and found it quite embarrassing.

No one else around me reacted as you would expect if he had been genuinely head butted, just silent bemusement and a couple of head shakes.

I still believe he’ll make a difference to us this season but that incident reminded me of the one at Ibrox many years ago.

He’s an arse, but he’s our arse and I’d rather have him in my team than against me, but that behaviour does no one any favours.

By the way, a belated congratulations to our dark county cousins for a well deserved victory.

18 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

Truly one of the most odious characters to darken Scottish football. 

Horrible, rat faced *** b*****d. 

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but even I think this is harsh on @itzdrk.

I’ll be honest at the time I thought Muirhead had nutted him. Looked like his head had gone forward, but on reviewing the video I’d say if anything Lafferty is the one who goes forward with Muirhead fairly stationary. Pathetic stuff.

On 10/02/2022 at 16:38, North Terrace Gazza said:

What I don’t understand is why Bobby Madden didn’t take action against him at the time. I can only assume that he didn’t see it properly but if that was the case why not consult the linesman? If he did see it then it’s an obvious yellow card at least.

Huge decision for the ref to make unless he had a clear view of it and was 100% certain of what he saw. Let’s be honest, no one else saw if clearly first time around.  VAR would have picked it up I’d assume.

2 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but even I think this is harsh on @itzdrk.

I’ll be honest at the time I thought Muirhead had nutted him. Looked like his head had gone forward, but on reviewing the video I’d say if anything Lafferty is the one who goes forward with Muirhead fairly stationary. Pathetic stuff.

Appreciate it. 

• 2 weeks later...

With the permission of the family of Colin McCue, a Justgiving page has been setup with the assistance of a fellow fan, to raise some funds in Colin's memory. I would be grateful of any shares you can give to the page and also any donations however small you may make. Thanks in advance.

#oneforcolin

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/oneforcolin

• 2 months later...
On 09/02/2022 at 22:00, Ex Machina said:

Cracking result for Ayr. Over and above it being a derby and the natural bragging rights until the next fixture, they three points could be massive towards safety.

Wonder if @Killiefanand @the west curvewill be spotted on the Ayr threads anytime soon. Two dreadful posters who seem more obsessed with their rivals than their own club. 

Spotted.

On 22/02/2022 at 19:49, BukyOHare said:

With the permission of the family of Colin McCue, a Justgiving page has been setup with the assistance of a fellow fan, to raise some funds in Colin's memory. I would be grateful of any shares you can give to the page and also any donations however small you may make. Thanks in advance.

#oneforcolin

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/oneforcolin

Bump

This is your reminder that the highlight of your season was a meaningless victory over us that did nothing to stop our charge to the league title [emoji106]

Actually the highlight of our season was booing David Hopkin so hard he threw a strop and quit the club.