The Ayrshire derby

1 hour ago, C4mmy31 said:

It is with immense sadness that we inform fans of the passing of a Kilmarnock supporter following last night’s Ayrshire Derby.

The fan suffered a cardiac arrest and received treatment on Rugby Road following last night’s game. After being treated by medics at the scene, the supporter was transferred to Crosshouse Hospital where he sadly passed away.

Our condolences and the thoughts of everyone at Kilmarnock Football Club go out to his family, friends and loved ones.

Puts last night into perspective. Only a game after all. 

RIP

They've taken it back off the website. Hopefully not for too long.

Back up.

McGinty certainly commits himself almost on the halfway line when he’d have been better jockeying backwards but then Muirhead does almost the same thing to make it a stroll for the first goal. Not their finest hours.

Lovely bit of skill/quick thinking from Maxwell for the first - hopefully we can get him signed up for next year. Shudder to think of the abuse our centre halves would have got if they’d alllowed a corner to bounce unchallenged on the penalty spot as the Killie defence did for McGinty to knock it goalwards.

Great second half performance capped by a lovely strike by Reading after good work from McInroy who looks a player - another to get signed up for next season on this early evidence. A shame we didn’t add a few more - Tomi certainly should have had at least one more - he seems like the sort of player who’ll score in the games he doesn’t do much else in and then when he’s rag-dolling a defence he can’t hit the target - hopefully that’s something the coaching staff can work on.

Have to point out what an utter c@nt Lafferty is - I’d never seen the Mulgrew incident so not sure if there was any retrospective action taken on that. This was a carbon copy so hopefully if he was pulled up for his blatant cheating against Mulgrew there’ll be some action taken this time too. Well done to the ref for not being fooled by the cheat.

Loved to hear the Killie Boo Boys out in force - is there a home support in Scotland who resorts to the boos so quickly rather than trying to lift their team in a game against their fiercest rivals when they are only a goal down than that sorry shower. Ayrshire Killie Football indeed.

16 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

What I don’t understand is why Bobby Madden didn’t take action against him at the time. I can only assume that he didn’t see it properly but if that was the case why not consult the linesman? If he did see it then it’s an obvious yellow card at least.

Think he was simply trying to let the game flow and trying not to get involved if he could get away with it. FWIW, I thought he had a good game and it never felt like it was getting out of control at any point. Would rather that than a ref who is card happy stopping and starting every 30 seconds.

43 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Think he was simply trying to let the game flow and trying not to get involved if he could get away with it. FWIW, I thought he had a good game and it never felt like it was getting out of control at any point. Would rather that than a ref who is card happy stopping and starting every 30 seconds.

I agree, Madden had a really good game last night. The absolute nick of John Barnes and Gavin Wallace trying to make something out of that Lafferty and Muirhead incident. I didn't see it, but you could tell from the reaction of the players that there was nothing in it.