The Ayrshire derby

5 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Think it was a continuation of the nonsense with Muirhead? 

Possibly. 

From where I was sat Lafferty put his head towards the boy and as soon as he did likewise, Kyle went down like he had been shot. Utter nonsense. 

Have since seen folk who saw replays say it was a red but I remain thoroughly unconvinced...

9 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Possibly. 

From where I was sat Lafferty put his head towards the boy and as soon as he did likewise, Kyle went down like he had been shot. Utter nonsense. 

Have since seen folk who saw replays say it was a red but I remain thoroughly unconvinced...

I wasn’t at the game and watched the replay there was nothing in it whatsoever 

9 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

same as this

It really was, anyone suggesting it's a red card is an utterly shameful wreck of a person who is watching the game through tinted specs with a blue and white hue. It was utterly embarrassing and frankly indefensible. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

It really was, anyone suggesting it's a red card is an utterly shameful wreck of a person who is watching the game through tinted specs with a blue and white hue. It was utterly embarrassing and frankly indefensible. 

Madden certainly let out the Rangers side in him, with the leniency towards Lafferty. We really should be handing out retrospective bans for blatantly trying to cheat to get others sent off. A truly horrible individual.

Ayr fans have waited a long, long time for a result like that. Doesn’t help the Pars one bit but pleased for you lads and Bully.

Kilmarnock should be strolling this league with their budget - and maybe they can still nick it - but they’ve been piss poor so far this season. Hopefully that continues on Saturday afternoon…

Hopefully the team and management can build on this fantastic result and performance. 

For me the whole midfield won the game for us, their energy in winning the ball back, interplay through the middle third and running power from Maxwell, McInroy, Dempsey and McKenzie to get around and beyond Ashford, then Adeloye, was something they never got to grips with. I think we can now agree that one up front isn't too bad when the whole team is a cohesive unit playing to cause teams problems. 

I actually wonder if the pitch helped us play the way we did. Some of our stuff at times was really good. 

Huge credit as well to McAdams, his two first half saves were out of the top drawer and really kept us in the game at that time. 

I hope the camera's were in the Main Stand to properly capture the winning goal looking from behind the strike. A thing of beauty from the moment it left his foot. 

Enjoy the moment everybody, the feeling of pure enjoyment when the second goal went in felt like a collective release of built up frustration, anger and emotion that this team has given us for too long. I took my 3 young boys with me tonight and its moments like this that will live long in the memory for each of us. 

The standard's have now been set, its one game and we need to take the levels of tonight into every game for the rest of the season. 

Ayrshire is black and white. ⚫⚪

Edited by BukyOHare

Just now, ancientnoise said:

Which is a pish argument and you know it.

Arbroath should be bottom if you're going to take that approach.

Um…yes?

That’s why their achievement is so impressive dummy. Kilmarnock’s budget used well should easily be sufficient to take care of the utter shite in this league.

2 hours ago, Fide said:

It’s the exact same tactic we tried against Arbroath. The big hoof. Didn’t fucking work then either. 

He's your Ronaldo.  Does absolutely f**k all but on the big bucks to hopefully score a few. The overhead kick at the end of first half was embarrassing  

Finally home (Edinburgh) not long back after 2 hours - that after taking 2 1/2 hours to get there due to two accidents M8 and the Blue Nose/Hibs traffic and missing both first half goals.  🥶 Weather absolutely shocking east of Glasgow, thought we were going to get stranded as we dropped below 20mph in nose to tail traffic and a car or two spinning out.

But despite spending three times as long in the car as the match lasted, absolutely buzzin' for this team. Felt something was building last weekend, despite the disappointing result and just so glad to be shown to be correct. Thought we just might get a point, but didn't expect a fully deserved win like that. Could and should have been three, but could equally have been all over if it wasn't for at least two top class saves to keep us in it.

I think McGinty fully enjoyed his moment responding to all the criticism (much of it fully deserved, if he were honest) but with a functioning midfield in front of them our defence looks so much better - unsurprisingly.

First time at Rugby Park since following Ayr since 2006. Pleasing. 😃 Best performance and result since that game away at Dundee Utd - could prove even more valuable come end of the season. Still plenty to do to ensure Championship football next season; we simply must build on this result.            

30 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Ayr fans have waited a long, long time for a result like that. Doesn’t help the Pars one bit but pleased for you lads and Bully.

Kilmarnock should be strolling this league with their budget - and maybe they can still nick it - but they’ve been piss poor so far this season. Hopefully that continues on Saturday afternoon…

You guys have nothing to fear from this Killie squad. Yogi should set yous up to have a go at them right from the start, their defence isnt great. Feel conflicted as I always want Killie to lose but a win for you guys wouldnt be good for us. Can you have a drab 0-0 please?