The Ayrshire derby

Got what we deserved - nothing.   Ayr were easily the better team, with McInroy outstanding, especially in the 2nd half.   Adeloye also made a difference to them when he came on. 

As for us, I don't understand McIness taking off the 2 full backs.   That's 2 games in a row he's taken Haunstrup off and we have looked worse both times. 

I'll be amazed if we make any impact on the play-offs, if we even qualify.   This team is going nowhere fast and I think McInnes will have another major rebuild to do come the end of May, whatever league we are in. 

Started well enough, got the goal, thought it could be a fun night. The vulnerability of our defence (especially with McGowan and Stokes, our worst pairing, in it) shown up again. Such a soft goal to lose from our first attack faced. 

From then on we just waste chance after chance which has been a theme of the season. Unlucky with two wonder saves from the goalie but one of them has to go in. Rory balloons over the bar from 18 yards. Burke has a chance to slip Shaw and overhits the pass. Lafferty unlucky with his overhead kick. We cannot afford to keep having as many chances in a game with such a poor return. 

Second half, can have no complaints. Ayr first to second balls all night. If anything we got worse as the game went on and McInnes' subs had a direct impact on that. The ten minute spell after his double change was the worst in the game. Tait's first impact was to lose the ball at the half way line and give away a foul - this after being dropped, presumably, for losing the ball for the goal at Arbroath. 

No complaints at all with the result and had Hemming to thank they didnt have more. Haunstrup also lucky not to get a pen given for handball. 

Dunno where we go from here - I know it's early days for Derek but there really seems to be no clear sign of improvement. 

Enjoy your night, jakeballs - I know how much these rare derby wins mean to you.

9 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Started well enough, got the goal, thought it could be a fun night. The vulnerability of our defence (especially with McGowan and Stokes, our worst pairing, in it) shown up again. Such a soft goal to lose from our first attack faced. 

Haunstrup also lucky not to get a pen given for handball. 

Totally missed this at the time, when did that happen?

We definitely rode our luck at times but in the second half we were absolutely sensational - could have scored 4 on another night!

Might as well come on here and get it over with....we are a bunch of gutless wankers who got beat by a team that wanted it more. 

What the f**k he was thinking making the subs I don't know. We were poor but it went from poor to shambolic as soon as that lazy b*****d Naismith comes on. McGowan is a really bad footballer too. All in all a shite night which has made me utterly miserable, even more so cos its Ayr. 

Cheers killie you bunch of absolute arseholes 

When are the highlights due up? Tinpot club.

Just now, Squalor Vic said:

Might as well come on here and get it over with....we are a bunch of gutless wankers who got beat by a team that wanted it more. 

What the f**k he was thinking making the subs I don't know. We were poor but it went from poor to shambolic as soon as that lazy b*****d Naismith comes on. McGowan is a really bad footballer too. All in all a shite night which has made me utterly miserable, even more so cos its Ayr. 

Cheers killie you bunch of absolute arseholes 

Happy In Love GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show

16 minutes ago, Shibuya said:

Totally missed this at the time, when did that happen?

We definitely rode our luck at times but in the second half we were absolutely sensational - could have scored 4 on another night!

With maybe 15/20 mins to go. Our top left corner of box. He fucked up about failing to clear the ball and in doing so the ball bounced up and hit his hand. 

Saying that, I've also just remembered Lafferty throwing someone to the ground in the first half. Probably not a pen but seen them given. Was up to his dark arts tonight rather than focusing on getting us a fecking goal  

1 minute ago, deadasdillinger said:

With maybe 15/20 mins to go. Our top left corner of box. He fucked up about failing to clear the ball and in doing so the ball bounced up and hit his hand. 

Saying that, I've also just remembered Lafferty throwing someone to the ground in the first half. Probably not a pen but seen them given. Was up to his dark arts tonight rather than focusing on getting us a fecking goal  

Once a current bun, always a current bun

Just now, craigkillie said:

It was never a pen, ball bounced up and hit him.

Shoosh you. 

2 minutes ago, deadasdillinger said:

Think it was a continuation of the nonsense with Muirhead? 

1 minute ago, craigkillie said:

It was never a pen, ball bounced up and hit him.

Aye, thought so at the time. 

Anyone know what happened with Muirhead and Lafferty in the first half? Did he really stick the nut in or was Lafferty rolling about for fun?

1 hour ago, Ex Machina said:

Cracking result for Ayr. Over and above it being a derby and the natural bragging rights until the next fixture, they three points could be massive towards safety.

Wonder if @Killiefanand @the west curvewill be spotted on the Ayr threads anytime soon. Two dreadful posters who seem more obsessed with their rivals than their own club. 

Even I cringed at some of the posts last week. so they deserve everything that comes their way.

Hopefully their mum's have taken their laptop off them and sent them to bed early as they'll have school in the morning.