The Ayrshire derby

Just now, BukyOHare said:

That sounds like a planned ambush on the honest men and bonnie lassies. 😉

Seriously though, cheers for that. 👍

It’s horrendous at the best of times but they’ve got 3 way roadworks on just now and down to single lane at the old Bellfield Tavern. I would guess that by 7pm tonight the queue from there will be back to the Q8 roundabout.

42 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Just hope it's a better game than the previous two. Pish atmospheres, pish games. 

I quite enjoyed the last two TBF, although the last game at somerset was the quietest i'd heard you guys in my time going and i first went late 80s.

43 minutes ago, Calayrdonia said:

It’ll definitely have affected your crowds as well, without a doubt, just to a lesser extent.

I honestly believe if this was the August fixture, we’d have easily brought at least 2000. Probably a lot more with everyone buzzing for a new season, 4 derbies.

As it is, Hopkin signed half a squad of duds who have subjected our fans to absolute torture on a weekly basis which has eventually knocked any excitement out of the most optimistic fans. 

We can’t score a goal and we are in a relegation battle. The thought for a lot of fans of going AWAY  to your biggest rivals who are league favourites with the biggest budget in the league, isn’t exactly enticing at this stage of the season.

I get that it’s a derby but there’s 4 and that takes away from the usual “one off occasion” gloss that the fixture has as well. I’m more concerned about the points if I’m honest.

If it was first game of the season, Monday or not, with no restrictions i think we would be looking at 11-12,000.

17 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Seriously though, cheers for that. 👍

Serious thou.... Steer well clear of the Bellfield interchange onto the Queens Drive mate, it's absolute bedlam with the new pipeworks at the junction at the old Bellfield Taven... It took me twenty five mins this morning to get throu it.

Serious thou.... Steer well clear of the Bellfield interchange onto the Queens Drive mate, it's absolute bedlam with the new pipeworks at the junction at the old Bellfield Taven... It took me twenty five mins this morning to get throu it.
Coming from Cumnock would I be better cutting up past the care home just before the Q8 roundabout?

6 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
9 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Coming from Cumnock would I be better cutting up past the care home just before the Q8 roundabout?

You could take bypass heading for Irvine mate and come off at the Moorfield roundabout and head back towards the town centre along Dundonald Road.

Edited by C4mmy31

3 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:

Vastly improved is a bit of a stretch. 

I hate games against Ayr, the thought of losing makes me ill. I worked in what was the old stampworks that was across from Somerset in the late 90s early 00s and I took a few slaggings in there

Be great if we can get an early goal and then steamroller Ayr by about 4 or 5, just don't see it though. 1-0 most likely 

Are you wee Alex by any chance? Worked there too.

Edited by Buckfast

3 hours ago, Squalor Vic said:

Vastly improved is a bit of a stretch. 

I hate games against Ayr, the thought of losing makes me ill. I worked in what was the old stampworks that was across from Somerset in the late 90s early 00s and I took a few slaggings in there

Be great if we can get an early goal and then steamroller Ayr by about 4 or 5, just don't see it though. 1-0 most likely 

reading that comment just reminded me of way  back in the day

During the 28 years in the premier I forgot about how nervous and excited I was about the result of this game for almost a week before

I worked at Brittish Aerospace for 7 years from 86 -93 and I took and gave some right slaggings. the workforce seemed quite evenly split between the 2 sides.

Loads of great Ayr lads in there that were enemies for a day (or maybe the couple of days after also lol).

Right lads and lassies its time to get the party started ! Time to travel to the bog town on the moor once again . Let’s back the boys for the full 90 mins and hopefully the football Gods will smile for us ..... 

Love the walk up to RP knowing we absolutely own them ... COYHM 

4 minutes ago, North British said:

Right lads and lassies its time to get the party started ! Time to travel to the bog town on the moor once again . Let’s back the boys for the full 90 mins and hopefully the football Gods will smile for us ..... 

Love the walk up to RP knowing we absolutely own them ... COYHM 

I prefer the walk out after the game when we have pumped you :)