The Ayrshire derby

Please, fellow Killie fans, leave this nonsense aside.
Ayr Utd have been an irrelevance to me for nearly 30 years (and us to them I'd imagine)

Yes, I will be giving them abuse on Wednesday and expect the same back but at the end of the day we will support (our teams). It's a derby and that's what happens.

I've said for years that I respect a guy from Ayr going to Somerset Park every Saturday rather than a guy travelling to watch the OF.

Considering Ayr's history (and this is not a dig) I would consider them to be the very definition of "not a glory hunter".

Fair play to all and let's hope for a decent game on Wednesday (as long as Killie win) [emoji1787]

I can understand the Ayr support not wanting to get a ticket for the game because they think it's a no win game, we have been in the same position in the past, the semi final against u lot we had around 18,000 but the final I believe it was around 11,000, I was one of the doubtful fans but my son wanted to go so I went and what a day, so never say never get a ticket you might just see an Ayr win ( hopefully you will get pumped).

It's the kick off time for me and Ayr's current form. I would struggle to finish work and make it to Killie for 7:45. I could re-arrange things at work but its just hassle I could do without on a Wednesday.

I'm assuming there will be a stream for those like me? I hope the commentator isn't Gordon Sawers or I may implode.

Think both sides will probably lose some numbers to local glory hunters who would usually pop along since Rangers and Celtic are both playing that night. 

As others have said our crowd is down cause of the states we're in but i have to say it's an embarrassing number so far. I thought we'd take about 2,000 but that's clearly not going to happen.

Still wish the season we were both flying under Clarke and McCall we had got a derby cause that would have been a fantastic occasion with the two clubs on such a high at that point

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

It's the kick off time for me and Ayr's current form. I would struggle to finish work and make it to Killie for 7:45. I could re-arrange things at work but its just hassle I could do without on a Wednesday.

I'm assuming there will be a stream for those like me? I hope the commentator isn't Gordon Sawers or I may implode.

Think its £10. Commentary by John Barnes ex BBC and usually one ex player relevant to both sides. Usually impartial and professional setup

So it’s time , Killie away ! Looking forward to it . We’ve been the underdogs going into this tie since the nineties . Never been bothered by that and if we only take a 1,000 up on Wednesday won’t be bothered by that either ! Bring it on let’s see what they’ve got . 

6 hours ago, Lochwood said:

Why is there not a pay at the gate would make a difference for both teams

We've been cashless for a few years now - indeed, I was at work on Saturday and a Belgian groundhopper was looking for a game to go to since his first choice was postponed due to the weather. He asked about going to Ayr but was put off by the fact you couldn't buy at the turnstiles at Somerset Park. It is a bit of an inconvenience, but when most people have access to the internet on their phone and it's a relatively simple process to buy online, I can see why clubs are going this way. They weigh up the pros and cons and decide that it's worth doing.

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

What’s the chances of getting in at half time? Finish work in Kilmarnock at around 8:15! 

Bit of a best of both worlds as if we are getting pumped, I can just not bother - although I would be forfeiting the entry price! 

There will be a turnstile open until the half time whistle goes - however, if you do turn up and the turnstiles are all closed go to the main reception at the Frank Beattie stand and someone will be able to take you into the Chadwick provided that you already have a ticket.