Queen's Park 1 Dumbarton 1

2 hours ago, Mick1867 said:

No idea but we drew 18 out of 39 games when won the old Division Two in 1980/81!  (won 16 and lost 5)

As it was only two points for a win back then, the draws didn't do us much damage.

The most that QP have had in a season was in 86/87 when you drew 19 out of 39. Raith drew 20 out of 39 during the same campaign.

The most in a season since the change to four divisions of 10 in 1994 is Celtic (94-95) and Stranraer (99-00), both with 18. None of the 38 game top division seasons have produced more than that either.

I might go back and look at some of the older divisions later on if I can narrow down a bit which ones had 36 games on the go.

There is also a good chance that Brighton will set a new Barclay's record this season as well. Their record is almost identical to QP's.

The most I can find in a single season is 21; both Aberdeen (93-94) and East Fife (86-87) did that in a 44 game season.

Hibernian (76-77) are the third team to add to the list of 18 draws in a 36 game season.

So I think Raith Rovers drawing 20 of 39 games is the highest percentage of draws. 

If this is on and screws Thistle’s game on Saturday, there’s no getting away from how amusing it’ll be after their crying about us using Firhill. I’m sure I remember the finances involved for it funding one of their signings, although you’d think they’d been letting us use it out of the goodness of their own hearts, the way they’ve been going on.

4 minutes ago, microdave said:

What's the car parking situation like at Firhill? I've woken up this morning with a desire to attend if it's on.

No secure parking. Residential streets or there’s a bit by the canal at the back of the North stand. You can park on Firhill Road if you’re early enough.

59 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Any news ? Is there a pitch inspection? Anybody ?

As far as I am aware there is currently no inspection planned. I understand the pitch was deemed playable yesterday and the forecast looks to be favourable at the moment. 🤞

Hoping we will rotate a wee bit for this one. Playing the likes of Boyle and Paton twice in 4 days is just asking for a lethargic pumping.
Here’s what I’d go with: -

Wright
Hutchinson(??), Bronski, Buchanan, Wylde
Duthie, Pignateillo, Carswell, McKee/Wilson
Oyinsan, MacLean

1 hour ago, squeezebox-son said:

Went to buy the stream there but think I'll give it a miss... 😐

They'll refund if the game's off.

The weather's decent so hopefully it's on. The park will be as good today as it's likely to be before grass starts growing again. Bring on the silky soccer.

The Darcy guy looked the business on Saturday. 2-0 for the QP. McHugh and Darcy.

47 minutes ago, Hampden Diehard said:

They'll refund if the game's off.

The weather's decent so hopefully it's on. The park will be as good today as it's likely to be before grass starts growing again. Bring on the silky soccer.

The Darcy guy looked the business on Saturday. 2-0 for the QP. McHugh and Darcy.

It was more the £15 price tag that put me off to be honest. Especially when (a bit like Falkirk in the last couple of matches we played them) regardless of form they seem to coast to an easy victory against us.