Hibernian v St.Mirren

Maloney is a very strange wee man. Obviously watches different games to the rest of us given his post match interviews. Portrays himself as a cultural football manager and has Gary Caldwell as assistant manager which makes no sense to anyone.

He looks to me like a poor mans Cathro. Will do well to last til the end of this season IMO.

Matthew Reed’s report for the Beeb on the Match, according to his Points per Player ratings, Jordan Jones was the 2nd worst St.Mirren player…. What the F**k was he watching ???? Even the whining Co-comms on Hibs TV said JJ was a threat for the whole time he was on the park. 

f**k me that was brutal yesterday. I have so many concerns but I think the biggest one is the amount of folk saying that we should have kept Jack Ross.

Even if Maloney does turn out to be a bad manager that doesn’t make Jack Ross suddenly a better manager.

The football on show was absolutely eye bleeding and we continuously lost big games, twice to St Johnstone at Hampden and his recruitment was pretty dreadful, I do feel incredibly sorry for the next set of fans that he inflicts boredom on.

4 minutes ago, meadowroadsaint said:

Matthew Reed’s report for the Beeb on the Match, according to his Points per Player ratings, Jordan Jones was the 2nd worst St.Mirren player…. What the F**k was he watching ???? Even the whining Co-comms on Hibs TV said JJ was a threat for the whole time he was on the park. 

I think it might be the folk using the website that rate the players mate. It's often a load of shite.

5 minutes ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

As brutal as we were we probably still should’ve won the game. Strange that St Mirren see that as an excellent performance.

Considering our injury list (couldn't even fill the bench) and starting with a striker from semi-pro football in NZ starting his first professional game we outplayed Hibs in the first half so that is something to be pleased about. Hibs had to change their shape in the second half to try and impose themselves on the game and Alnwick had some great saves but we could also have had a tap in. I would not call it an excellent performance from us but away from home with a reduced squad it was a good performance and an excellent 3 points.

20 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Anyone else a bit concerned with Maloney?

Very much so. You can tell already that he hasn’t got it. He’s not turning this around. Steve Kean will be in some sort of temporary charge before the end of the season. The natives are restless already and when a brick goes through the chairman’s window, it hits the manager’s head.

1 hour ago, Fraser Fyvie said:

Strange that St Mirren see that as an excellent performance.

Nobody is saying that was an excellent performance.

What people have said is that it was an excellent result considering our injuries.

That said, questioning the opposition absolutely stinks of sour grapes.