Rangers v Hearts nil

8 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Maybe he sees himself as a bit of an entertainer. Like Jet from Gladiators going on the second whistle. 🤷‍♂️

Rangers, you will go on my first whistle.

Hearts, you will give up huge areas of territory pointlessly and concede a couple of cheap goals before just failing to pull yourselves back into the game, leaving everyone wondering how many fucking times we have to do this.

Edited by VincentGuerin

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Rangers, you will go on my first whistle.

Hearts, you will give up huge areas of territory pointlessly and concede a couple of cheap goals before just failing to pull yourselves back into the game, leaving everyone wondering how many fucking times we have to do this.

Exactly. I think he just fancies himself as Gandalf riding down the hill with the sun behind him to rescue Helmsdeep. 😄

16 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It wasnt a great cross if its the one I recall - I was right behind and he sclaffed it.

I agree prev assessment, he was pretty good in defence, and not so good in attack................kinda the opposite of most modern wing back types !

I think Kyle Reese is talking about his low, hard cross across the face of goal in the first half, similar to his one for Cochrane v Auchinleck. Admittedly I haven't seen it since the time but don't think that was a sclaff.

Opinion seemed to be pretty split on whether he was great or had a stinker on Tuesday but I can see both sides on that.  He's a bit lightweight, makes the wrong decision at times and seemed to get caught by the pace of the game initially, but he broadly did well enough defensively (including one great tackle), he can go past people and he's capable of a good cross even if it's 1 out of every 4/5. If he's going to make it here then I suspect we won't see the best of him until next season.

5 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I think Kyle Reese is talking about his low, hard cross across the face of goal in the first half, similar to his one for Cochrane v Auchinleck. Admittedly I haven't seen it since the time but don't think that was a sclaff.

Opinion seemed to be pretty split on whether he was great or had a stinker on Tuesday but I can see both sides on that.  He's a bit lightweight, makes the wrong decision at times and seemed to get caught by the pace of the game initially, but he broadly did well enough defensively (including one great tackle), he can go past people and he's capable of a good cross even if it's 1 out of every 4/5. If he's going to make it here then I suspect we won't see the best of him until next season.

Indeed, on both points. That was the cross I was referring to.

My own opinion of him (bear in mind I don’t like doing it at such an early stage) is that he has been good and meh in attack and defence so far. I know that’s boring, but I just think it’s too early to get overly excited, or overly dismissive about his qualities and deficiencies in such a short space of time. Attack wise, as well as the cross, he’s also got a rather promising tendency to cut inside. I love players that do that. The ones that can do that well are priceless imo. Crosses can create goals, obviously, but it’s not all about that for wide players imo. If a wide player can cut in, either through short passing triangles and one-twos, or through pace and dribbling, they can cause bedlam for opposition defences.

Atkinson in general came with a great reputation for his ability to get forward and contribute to attacks so I'm confident that'll come, I was personally commenting on him on Tuesday. Thought it was interesting the praise MItchell got, I think he went past Atkinson once when he came on and after that I thought he was dealt with pretty well.

We'll select the most attacking line up possible and then proceed to sit in and try to soak up pressure. Teams know our tactics and if celtic can take advantage then Hearts will have a field day. 

Rangers 1

Hearts  3

2 hours ago, bennett said:

We'll select the most attacking line up possible and then proceed to sit in and try to soak up pressure. Teams know our tactics and if celtic can take advantage then Hearts will have a field day. 

Rangers 1

Hearts  3

This trolling you’ve been doing for 3 years now is finally happening, ben. 

21 hours ago, DC92 said:

Rangers were 6 points clear a few weeks ago and now there's a good chance they'll be 4 points behind by kick-off in this match. The pressure on them currently is bigger than they've probably experienced for at least a couple of years. Maybe they'll rise to the occasion (they're more than capable of turning us over regardless) but that's something we have to try and take advantage of. But yeah, we'll probably be passive from kick-off and not start playing until we're behind.

I didn't think for a second we'd be playing Souttar in this match a couple of weeks back but I'm beginning to think a non-trying Souttar is still better than Taylor Moore. 

This. GVB has potentially overseen a 10 point swing to Celtic in a short period of time. His players look like they don’t understand his tactics, look shorn of confidence and his team selection is all over the shop. He’s looking like an appointment that could hand Celtic £40m.

If Hearts attack here there is no reason why they can’t get 3 points and a good few goals.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

This. GVB has potentially overseen a 10 point swing to Celtic in a short period of time. His players look like they don’t understand his tactics, look shorn of confidence and his team selection is all over the shop. He’s looking like an appointment that could hand Celtic £40m.

If Hearts attack here there is no reason why they can’t get 3 points and a good few goals.

I like your thinking, but with Neilson and an away trip to Ibrox/Parkhead, the last sentence is Perrier Award material.

7 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

I like your thinking, but with Neilson and an away trip to Ibrox/Parkhead, the last sentence is Perrier Award material.

Grangemouth has summed it up.

The only thing he missed was the 85 minute Lundstram sub to shore things up.

7 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Don’t you think this has changed though - Parkhead fair enough as you know Celtic will attack you from the start and look to batter you for the first 45 mins. GVB has Rangers playing a totally different style where they are very passive in their style. From what I’ve seen of both teams, on TV obviously, Hearts have nothing to fear. You have the players to get at guys like Tavernier, Bassey and Barisic.

24 minutes ago, LincolnHearts said:

Neilson's record at Ibrox is p3 w1 d1 l1.

Not as good at Celtic Park but celtic have been a much better team than us every time he's went there so hardly a massive shock

15 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Don’t you think this has changed though - Parkhead fair enough as you know Celtic will attack you from the start and look to batter you for the first 45 mins. GVB has Rangers playing a totally different style where they are very passive in their style. From what I’ve seen of both teams, on TV obviously, Hearts have nothing to fear. You have the players to get at guys like Tavernier, Bassey and Barisic.

This is what makes it all the more annoying and puzzling. We have got some more than decent options going forward and a decent squad overall.

Would rather have a go and lose instead of sitting in and only showing what we can do when we are a goal or two down.

A visit from Doctor Hearts will put GVB and Rangers back on track today.

1 hour ago, LincolnHearts said:

This is what makes it all the more annoying and puzzling. We have got some more than decent options going forward and a decent squad overall.

Would rather have a go and lose instead of sitting in and only showing what we can do when we are a goal or two down.

A visit from Doctor Hearts will put GVB and Rangers back on track today.

Especially at a time like this where the pressure is off Hearts. We've got a good lead in third and look almost certainties for Europe given how unlikely anyone (never mind two) from the pack look to put together a run of form to catch us.

We could probably have a pretty poor remainder of the season and still make Europe. There's no real problem with losing tomorrow, and I think a lot of our fans would be fine with it if we went and had a go and Neilson showed he understands what we've been getting wrong in these fixtures.