Rangers v Hearts nil

With Wednesdays pumping taken into account they will absolutely have the bit between their teeth and show a reaction. They'll come out if the traps, we'll start slow like we always do and be 2/3 down inside the first half hour.

Let's just get this one out of the way as quickly as possible.🙄

14 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

With Wednesdays pumping taken into account they will absolutely have the bit between their teeth and show a reaction. They'll come out if the traps, we'll start slow like we always do and be 2/3 down inside the first half hour.

I think a slow start by Hearts is almost guaranteed.

If we hold of to half time still 0-0 then we have a chance.

I predict Rangers 2 - 1 Hearts

1 hour ago, the jambo-rocker said:

seriously doubt that.They are on the slide have been for the past few games.drop souter  for this one. not to be trusted,Expect a comfortable win for Hearts,

Rangers were 6 points clear a few weeks ago and now there's a good chance they'll be 4 points behind by kick-off in this match. The pressure on them currently is bigger than they've probably experienced for at least a couple of years. Maybe they'll rise to the occasion (they're more than capable of turning us over regardless) but that's something we have to try and take advantage of. But yeah, we'll probably be passive from kick-off and not start playing until we're behind.

I didn't think for a second we'd be playing Souttar in this match a couple of weeks back but I'm beginning to think a non-trying Souttar is still better than Taylor Moore. 

38 minutes ago, DC92 said:

I didn't think for a second we'd be playing Souttar in this match a couple of weeks back but I'm beginning to think a non-trying Souttar is still better than Taylor Moore. 

Same - between Moore and Atkinson, we look weak on the right side of our defence -Atkinson is capable of putting in a shift, but is better coming forward - still not convinced by Moore.

Wonder when Smith's available again. 

Edited by paranoid android

1 minute ago, velo army said:

Why would you reckon that Souttar won't be trying against Rangers? I don't know the player that well but what indication has he given that he would down tools against his future employers? 

I don't really think that, and based on his limited game time since signing the pre-contract I've no issues with him playing in this. I just wanted to make a wee joke about Taylor Moore being a bit dodgy tbh.

39 minutes ago, paranoid android said:

Same - between Moore and Atkinson, we look weak on the right side of our defence -Atkinson is capable of putting in a shift, but is better coming forward - still not convinced by Moore.

Wonder when Smith's available again. 

We looked a lot weaker down the right against Celtic with Smith against Jota than with Atkinson tbf.

We've also no really conceded much down that side in the last two games, though Moore has certainly had a few dodgy moments

Think I'm in the minority but Moore has looked fine the last few games. Use of the ball could be better, and the odd slip but for someone that's not started much he's done OK and we've kept two clean sheets.

Atkinson I thought was decent on Tuesday. Final ball was frustrating but was defensively pretty solid.

8 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Think I'm in the minority but Moore has looked fine the last few games. Use of the ball could be better, and the odd slip but for someone that's not started much he's done OK and we've kept two clean sheets.

Atkinson I thought was decent on Tuesday. Final ball was frustrating but was defensively pretty solid.

Agreed. Moore has looked good at times imo. He’s only just returned to the team though, and has he not had Covid? It’ll take him a while to get his match sharpness back. 

Atkinson will be fine. Did he not flash a good cross over the Hibs goal that Boyce somehow didn’t manage to attack.

3 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Did he not flash a good cross over the Hibs goal that Boyce somehow didn’t manage to attack.

It wasnt a great cross if its the one I recall - I was right behind and he sclaffed it.

I agree prev assessment, he was pretty good in defence, and not so good in attack................kinda the opposite of most modern wing back types !

No reason for Hearts not to get a result here, other than Neilson.

Passed on a ticket for this one as it's quite a lot of hassle on a Sunday at 4pm and I don't trust him not to do his usual of a shite start leaving us too much to do. If that happened with me at Ibrox, I'd be fucking seething. I'd rather be sitting in my living room seething that I've not bothered and we've won.

So, option B, please.

3 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

It wasnt a great cross if its the one I recall - I was right behind and he sclaffed it.

I agree prev assessment, he was pretty good in defence, and not so good in attack................kinda the opposite of most modern wing back types !

Had to take this one in on the telly, and haven’t watched the highlights back. Looked like a decent cross to me at the time. Fair enough though, I only saw it the once. I’d be more critical of Boyce on that particular occasion tbh. 

I’m always reluctant to make my mind up on players before I’ve seen them after a run of about ten games. I have good vibes though. 

2 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

No reason for Hearts not to get a result here, other than Neilson.

Passed on a ticket for this one as it's quite a lot of hassle on a Sunday at 4pm and I don't trust him not to do his usual of a shite start leaving us too much to do. If that happened with me at Ibrox, I'd be fucking seething. I'd rather be sitting in my living room seething that I've not bothered and we've won.

So, option B, please.

Maybe he sees himself as a bit of an entertainer. Like Jet from Gladiators going on the second whistle. 🤷‍♂️