Livingston v Aberdeen

Once Livingston went 1-0 up that was a poisonous atmosphere from the Aberdeen fans. Fans was booing back passes to the goalkeeper and any negative play early on the first half. Think Glass is on his last legs now lose next Saturday and if he thought today was a poisonous atmosphere then this will be a lot worse. 

Edited by betting competition

13 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Once Livingston went 1-0 up that was a poisonous atmosphere from the Aberdeen fans. Fans was booing back passes to the goalkeeper and any negative play early on the first half. Think Glass is on his last legs now lose next Saturday and if he thought today was a poisonous atmosphere then this will be a lot worse. 

I don't blame anyone for booing that today.

We were shambolic and deservedly beaten by a rank rotten Livingston side who even St Johnstone beat in midweek.

It was an embarrassing, disgraceful performance in bloody awful conditions in a shite stadium.

If Celtic play on Wednesday like they did in the 1st half v Sevco then it will be a humiliating scoreline.

Edited by highland_mechanic
Spelling mistakes

1 minute ago, highland_mechanic said:

I don't blame anyone for booing that today.

We were shambolic and deservedly beaten by a rank rotten Livingston side who even St Johnstone beat in midweek.

It was an embarrassing, disgraceful performance in bloody awful conditions in a shite stadium.

If Celtic play on Wednesday like they did in the 1st half v Sevco then it will be a humiliating scoreline.

Fans was booing after 15 minutes. I haven't seen this since the McGhee days when at times football was a lot brutal than what we are watching today. 

1 minute ago, betting competition said:

Fans was booing after 15 minutes. I haven't seen this since the McGhee days when at times football was a lot brutal than what we are watching today. 

Considering the only away wins we have had are a lucky win at Livingston when Stryjek threw a MacKenzie shot into his own net and a lucky win at Perth when Teddy Jenks blatantly handled before scoring I'm surprised it's taken as long as this for the supporters to turn on the team.

Glass has the 2nd worst managerial record as Aberdeen boss behind McGhee. 

We are regressing badly.

That it some hilarious defending from Ramirez for that first goal.
When the ball breaks from the free kick he bizarrely decides it’s his job to run back to the goal line. Cue sclaffed shot getting flicked in in front of the goalie, the Aberdeen defenders claiming for offside, then realising their number 9 is behind the keeper playing everyone on.
Wtf is he doing [emoji16]

8 minutes ago, highland_mechanic said:

Considering the only away wins we have had are a lucky win at Livingston when Stryjek threw a MacKenzie shot into his own net and a lucky win at Perth when Teddy Jenks blatantly handled before scoring I'm surprised it's taken as long as this for the supporters to turn on the team.

Glass has the 2nd worst managerial record as Aberdeen boss behind McGhee. 

We are regressing badly.

Alex Miller must have a worst record than Glass if not the worst in our history. I don't like what I'm watching but this is nowhere near the level of Alex Miller/Paterson/McGhee/Brown.  The big problem I see is the manager organisation is dreadful.

Edited by betting competition

1 hour ago, tarapoa said:

If pointless possession that constantly peters out into nothing other than a speculative cross that hits the first man was what the game was all about - then Glass’ Dons side would be Champions League regulars.

Aye, that ability to dominate possession can be a very good starting point for a team, though. Last 7 Aberdeen matches have been low-scoring with only single goal margins or draws. Again, that suggests Aberdeen are exerting a control over games which is preventing them turning into chaotic goalfests. Of course, such control needs turned into more victories but you'd think it's a very possible evolution. Hopefully Glass can work out how to do that.

Edited by FreedomFarter

1 hour ago, EdinburghLivi said:

I think you were being a bit unfair on Bailey as well, the front three were the best players against St. Johnstone.

Aye, normally Bailey's performance against St J would've got an unqualified thumbs up from me. He kept the ball flawlessly and played a part in most of our attacking moves. I think I've been influenced by Forrest's brilliant recent performances and so am unfairly expecting Bailey to match that. Also too, the quality that gets left on the bench like Montaño, Shinnie, Nouble and others probably sees me setting the bar higher than usual for Bailey. 

8 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Alex Miller must have a worst record than Glass if not the worst in our history. I don't like what I'm watching but this is nowhere near the level of Alex Miller/Paterson/McGhee/Brown. 

Due to to Glass hardly drawing any games, I think he might have lost a higher percentage of games than Miller and also won a higher percentage than him.  If that makes sense.  

12 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Aye, that ability to dominate possession can be a very good starting point for a team, though. Last 7 Aberdeen matches have been low-scoring with only single goal margins or draws. Again, that suggests Aberdeen are exerting a control over games which is preventing them turning into chaotic goalfests. Of course, such control needs turned into more victories but you'd think it's a very possible evolution. Hopefully Glass can work how to do it.

Painful to remember that we "enjoyed" 61% possession against St Johnstone in the midweek.....

15 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

Aye, that ability to dominate possession can be a very good starting point for a team, though. Last 7 Aberdeen matches have been low-scoring with only single goal margins or draws. Again, that suggests Aberdeen are exerting a control over games which is preventing them turning into chaotic goalfests. Of course, such control needs turned into more victories but you'd think it's a very possible evolution. Hopefully Glass can work out how to do that.

High posession is because we're toothless and teams don't fear us having the ball. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

High posession is because we're toothless and teams don't fear us having the ball. 

Good point. There's wily managers who definitely look to encourage opponents to have plenty possession in front of their team especially if they're good at pressing then attacking in transition. 

[emoji848][emoji23][emoji106] Good one

37 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Wonder if the montano red is appealable based on mistaken identity, clearly not him who pushes the player. Hilariously poor from Clancy considering he’s a whole 3 yards away from the incident

Actually, it is him that pushes the player, Besuijen, right in front of the referee.

43 minutes ago, Menga Bus said:

Wonder if the montano red is appealable based on mistaken identity, clearly not him who pushes the player. Hilariously poor from Clancy considering he’s a whole 3 yards away from the incident

3 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Actually, it is him that pushes the player, Besuijen, right in front of the referee.

Yes, it was poor to not book Anderson for the first push but Montano clearly gives Besuijen a help down then shit himself when he realised Clancy was right there. 

Was a soft booking but wouldn't have mattered if he hadn't deliberately clipped Hayes' heels earlier to prevent a break.

The whole incident was from a decent tackle and an incorrect free kick decision in Livingston's favour and escalated because of Anderson's play acting. 

One of the more self inflicted and least sympathetic miscarriages of justice i've seen.