Livingston v Aberdeen

14 minutes ago, kent_don said:

Yeah - I know - it’s crazy- But here we are you’ve won, but you’re so wound up about ‘the cheating sheep’  your head is almost off your shoulders

You're as far off that as your fans opinion on the officiating and game.

Words on a screen can't really tell how the poster's mood is, and on football forums the old head's gone, raging, greetin etc, gets bandied around for fun. I def would've had a head's gone had we drawn the game, thankfully we held on after dominating the game completely for 65 mins, and i left feeling elated. Suppose the drama with the sending off and how the game ended certainly upped the emotional celebrations at the end, at 2-0 and almost 3-0 i'd have been pretty chilled out finishing the game like that, and not that hyped up. Which is why football is such a brilliant thing for us fans, certainly puts you through the ringer at times.

Aberdeen rolling about crying at the slightest touch, I’m embarrassed for their fans, thought it was a penalty for them, but these things even themselves out as they say .

Livi outworked them, they sh@t it.

Worst Aberdeen team I’ve seen at Livi ever.

I've seen the Montaño second yellow now and it was an error by the referee. He got the wrong Livi player. Bailey only treaded water against St Johnstone so Montaño was due his start today. Important assist for Forrest's goal from him.

5 minutes ago, LiviGaz said:

Worst Aberdeen team I’ve seen at Livi ever.

Actually I thought the side with Eugene Dadi were worse - and they used to have that weird tactic of everyone running into the penalty area in a sort of semi circle for a corner. Did that ever work?

Actually didnt they finish fourth that year - what do i know?

1 hour ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

It was a nothing game for us but a victory against Aberdeen is one of the biggest results in Livingstone's history, fair play they probably deserved it as well.

Cute, you must be too young to remember the last time we were in the top flight, and beat Aberdeen 5 times and drew twice in the one season.   Or when we pumped you 6-1 up in Pittodrie.                                             

Cute, you must be too young to remember the last time we were in the top flight, and beat Aberdeen 5 times and drew twice in the one season.   Or when we pumped you 6-1 up in Pittodrie.                                             

Thank you for proving my point x

71% Aberdeen possession today. Normally only Rangers and Celtic dominate possession like that at the Spaghettihad.  

Edited by FreedomFarter

24 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

I've seen the Montaño second yellow now and it was an error by the referee. He got the wrong Livi player. Bailey only treaded water against St Johnstone so Montaño was due his start today. Important assist for Forrest's goal from him.

Yeah Montano is looking decent for us now, shame he's having to sit our next game out. Hopefully Bailey will be back fully charged against County next week.

Forrest has been tremendous for us in our last three games, his decision making could be better at times, when to shoot and when to pass, but a standout player for us.

1 hour ago, ol1vercloff said:

What's the protocol for submitting a formal complaint about a ref? Card happy Clancy deserves to be refereeing at Clachnacuddin next week.

If you find out, can you pass the information on to Aberdeen FC please?

2 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

71% Aberdeen possession today. Normally only Rangers and Celtic dominate possesion like that at the Spaghettihad.  

Think most of that was in their own half or along the halfway line, we were mostly sitting in waiting on them coming into our half before pressing them, anyone got a heat map of both teams possession?

9 minutes ago, Steve_Wilkos said:
19 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Thank you for proving my point x

That we beat you for fun, no probs.

26 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

I was at the 6-1 game. Up there with our most embarrassing result ever, and we’ve had more than a few.

Edited by kingjoey

4 hours ago, FreedomFarter said:

Had to completely miss the match today. The silver lining is you're all spared my rambling review post. From a Livi perspective, Lewis appearing in the starting line up only to be subbed at half time caught my eye. Odd.

Been mentioned already but yellow + fitness was the factor here. Thought he had a decent first game back with some good deliveries. 

No idea what Chukwuemeka was doing. I'm not expecting him to chase the ball like a lunatic but he was lightly jogging around until he was rightly hauled off by Martindale. Really unfair on the rest of the team who were working their arses off. Hope he gets better but he still has some way to go to get up speed.

35 minutes ago, FreedomFarter said:

I heard them saying this on Sportscene so I wondered whether we would appeal the yellow card for mistaken identity. Probably still enough in his 'push' that he would be deemed to have caused a potential infringement. Really poor decision from the ref regardless.

I think you were being a bit unfair on Bailey as well, the front three were the best players against St. Johnstone.

Well deserved victory that should have been a lot more comfortable. Have to give some of the blame to Martindale for not getting the players to calm down earlier. So many stupid yellow cards in what was an intense but far from dirty game. Montano should have been hooked after a good showing well before the ridiculous second yellow. 

After watching the highlights, I think that Aberdeen should have had a pen. I would have been screaming for that if it had been us. 

Very good performances all across the park for us. Forrest unplayable for the third game in a row. If he doesn't sign with us, he will get a good deal elsewhere. 

71% Aberdeen possession today. Normally only Rangers and Celtic dominate possession like that at the Spaghettihad.  

If pointless possession that constantly peters out into nothing other than a speculative cross that hits the first man was what the game was all about - then Glass’ Dons side would be Champions League regulars.

17 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

24 fouls to Livi and 10 to Aberdeen. Notwithstanding the yellow and the penalty that should've been given. 

2.5 x more fouls. Clancy clearly favouring Aberdeen- hence his non penalty award. 

aa2.gif

Spoiler

Couldn't resist the chance to use this gif twice in the same day

Deserved win for the Lions. Thought we were better in all areas of the park and was particularly impressed with Forrest and Montano. Max kept us in it at the end as well with a couple of important punches. The less said about Chukwuemeka the better. Embarrassing.

Thought Aberdeen were pish and offered very little until we were (unfairly) reduced to ten men. Would hope to finish above them this season.

13 minutes ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

24 fouls to Livi and 10 to Aberdeen. Notwithstanding the yellow and the penalty that should've been given. 

2.5 x more fouls. Clancy clearly favouring Aberdeen- hence his non penalty award. 

Yeah but you're looking at it as us deserving those 24 fouls against us, or even thinking we should've had more. The way we saw it at the game, was we didn't, and he was dishing out fouls for Aberdeen players losing their balance and not being fouled, or just plainly falling down untouched/with minimum pressure, hence being booed off at HT and FT. And not giving the same decisions the other way, particularly when it came to handing out cards.

The pen award is debatable, could've been given, or not, wasn't a stonewaller anyway, we've had better shouts than that not given.

Anyway, it's pretty clear both sets of fans think Clancy was shite, that isn't even debatable.