Livingston v Aberdeen

2 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Aberdeen own their own ground don't they? Presumably its not hocked up to the hilts then that should provide some surety.

That being said it only takes one asset stripping wide-boy* to come in and who knows - I wonder what Massone is doing these days?

* Wide-boy was not the first word I typed but thought better of it in light of said party's propensity for suing every man and his dug.

Any man would be daft to sue for libel if he was called a w****r online. 

Just now, Durnford said:

Aberdeen own their own ground don't they? Presumably its not hocked up to the hilts then that should provide some surety.

That being said it only takes one asset stripping wide-boy* to come in and who knows - I wonder what Massone is doing these days?

* Wide-boy was not the first word I typed but thought better of it in light of said party's propensity for suing every man and his dug.

It was fully Ocean Financed before the bank wrote a load off and some local businesses types paid off the balance. Dave also coughed £3.5m to get us through Covid. We're stable now but were a basket case in 2003.

Just now, Suspect Device said:

Any man would be daft to sue for libel if he was called a w****r online. 

Daft doesnt even near cover it.

This is a man who turned off the power at almondvale to punish the fans. Who repeatedly paid staff late becauser of "problems with money transfer from the Italian bank"  in some cases this late payment could be several weeks.

Who allegedly rented a villa in Edinburgh centre on the clubs account; who wrote off a rented car again paid for by the club.

Who allegedly sold players to St Johnstone and Dundee to "punish people" 

Who allegedly sold off the sell on clause for Graham Dorrans who was at West Brom at the time.  As far as I am aware that money never appeared in the company's accounts.

I imagine others can remember other events but that's for starters. I seem to recall a couple of years back he'd made enquiries about buying another team in Scotland but cant remember who.

16 minutes ago, Durnford said:

I imagine others can remember other events but that's for starters. I seem to recall a couple of years back he'd made enquiries about buying another team in Scotland but cant remember who.

Pretty sure he put in an offer to buy Hearts, would have been some laugh.

Edited by LiviLion

5 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Was he punishing the players themselves? 

Dave McKay was club captain at the time and stood up for some of the more junior members; lack of pay getting through and others having transfers pushed through to balance the books. 

As I recall he was pretty much told a deal had been reached with St Johnstone and like it or lump it. It was pretty much a shock to everyone; Dave was well liked at the club and was also one of our leading goalscorers at the time (I think).

Perhaps this explains why we have relatively low expectation now?

31 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Daft doesnt even near cover it.

This is a man who turned off the power at almondvale to punish the fans. Who repeatedly paid staff late becauser of "problems with money transfer from the Italian bank"  in some cases this late payment could be several weeks.

Who allegedly rented a villa in Edinburgh centre on the clubs account; who wrote off a rented car again paid for by the club.

Who allegedly sold players to St Johnstone and Dundee to "punish people" 

Who allegedly sold off the sell on clause for Graham Dorrans who was at West Brom at the time.  As far as I am aware that money never appeared in the company's accounts.

I remember a sheet of paper with a long statement from Massone being on everyone's seat at a home game once, accusing the governing bodies of being out to get him and the club and that he was working on a plan to save us.  Colin the tannoy guy read the tinfoil hat nonsense statement out.  It was absolutely toe curling.  I believe I still have a copy of it somewhere.  Priceless memorabilia. 

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

As a matter if interest what is "acceptable" from an Aberdeen point of view? Top Six; Europe; third place; better?

Anything less than the Super Cup is a disappointment.

Actually, the answer is probably nothing. Just about everything is contentious. Even Cormack managed to trash the club's only trophy win in 25 seasons and being relatively reliable at grinding out league wins against the sides with lower budgets is written off as 'eyebleeding'.

From my point of view - qualifying for European football - it will really hit home seeing us in those diddy LC sections for the first time next season.

Regularly reaching the latter stages of domestic cups - maybe even winning another one at some point, but we could just as easily revert to seldom even getting to QFs.

.........and of course producing good quality locally-born players who leave on a Bosman for Ibrox (or maybe Atlanta). 

Edited by tarapoa

18 minutes ago, AJF said:

Can we just pin this thread and use it for every Livi v Aberdeen match? It's too valuable to lose it.

Excuse me - I enjoy spouting the same rubbish several times a season - there's an outside chance someone will actually listen to me rather than saying "the old codgers at it again".

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

He didn't want to add the bit in the last 5 minutes where he threw himself to the ground, Clancy ignored(!) him and Devlin starts screaming at him for diving?

Was an enjoyable game, even if I was frothing at the mouth at the end of it. Given a chance to watch the highlights and calm the f**k down:

- Aberdeen should have had a penalty, was pretty clear. That said, they were shite and Glass can't have long left now.

- We were comfortably the better team for 65+ minutes and if it had been 4-0 at that point it would have been a fair reflection, but in the we were lucky to hang on. Besuijen was Aberdeen's best creative force, and he seemed decent at the shitfesting part of the game as well. Looks like they've got a decent signing there.

- Clancy wasn't close to having control of that game. There were multiple occassions where it was clear he was guessing what had happened, his attempts to stamp his authority on the game just ended up with him giving soft yellows to be consistent. One of the most frustrating refereeing performances I've seen in years, and his management of the game turned it into the handbagfest that it was in the end, rather than it being a particularly difficult game to manage.

- We wont see Chuk again for a while. No idea why he's had 5 chances so far when he's looked so far away from what we need in every one of them, he runs even less than Jim Hamilton did. Ayo was class. Forrest is an entirely new player now he's looking to put himself in the shop window.

I've been on P&B for the best part of 10 years or so, frequenting every level from League 2 up, and "Godfidence" is by far the worst thing I've ever read. Cracking player but that's not a record you want.

Edited by LiviLion