Livingston v Aberdeen

58 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/celtic/who-are-the-most-direct-teams-in-the-scottish-premiership-the-sides-with-the-most-long-passes-ranked-1886156

The 2 links above show that Livingston play the most long balls and make a lot of fouls.

Most Aberdeen fans have said without bitterness fair play to Livingston the style of play worked for them at the weekend and Aberdeen should have stood up to it, its our problem.

But in the face of facts its weird Livingston fans deny they are a long ball team that constantly foul.

On 06/02/2022 at 14:15, ATLIS said:

Aberdeen fans still thinking they're a big club :D Dundee, Livi, Dundee Utd, St Johnstone is their level now

It's due to our "big club" status that our fans wanted a manager who generally preferred substance over style out the door.  The bottom-feeding style of just sitting in, being hard to beat and counter-attacking (especially in home games) was no good for Cormack.

Unfortunately those of us that have seen a few of these regime changes that promise 'entertaining attacking football' could see where this would go - bottom six mediocrity with our regular European football set to be a thing of the past.  Teams that concentrate on the basics seem to do better against us than the league's so-called bigger clubs.  

Edited by tarapoa

Just now, tarapoa said:

It's due to being a big club that our fans wanted a manager who generally preferred substance over style out the door.  The bottom-feeding style of just sitting in, being hard to beat and counter-attacking (especially in home games) was no good for Cormack.

Unfortunately those of us that have seen a few of these regime changes that promise 'entertaining attacking football' could see where this would go - bottom six mediocrity with our regular European football set to be a thing of the past.  Teams that concentrate on the basics seem to do better against us than the league's so-called bigger clubs.  

As a matter if interest what is "acceptable" from an Aberdeen point of view? Top Six; Europe; third place; better?

From a Livi perspective we've obviously been through the wringer a few times with bampot owners etc. so that those of us that are left seem to have the following priorities:

1. to still have a club in existence at the start of next season

2. To have a club that makes a profit

3. to maintain a position in the Premiership

4. To avoid the play-off place

5.  To make top six

6, To qualify for Europe

7. To beat either of the old firm at their patch.

For some the priority may change but generally I think that's what most of us want.

10 minutes ago, Durnford said:

As a matter if interest what is "acceptable" from an Aberdeen point of view? Top Six; Europe; third place; better?

From a Livi perspective we've obviously been through the wringer a few times with bampot owners etc. so that those of us that are left seem to have the following priorities:

1. to still have a club in existence at the start of next season

2. To have a club that makes a profit

3. to maintain a position in the Premiership

4. To avoid the play-off place

5.  To make top six

6, To qualify for Europe

7. To beat either of the old firm at their patch.

For some the priority may change but generally I think that's what most of us want.

I don't speak for us all but i'd say Third is the target. Europe is acceptable. Top six is bare minimum.  I could almost accept a bottom six finish if we were showing some sort of direction. Bottom six and getting worse should be a sacking. 

I guess if i gave it more thought the continued existence of the club would be higher but it doesn't seem that salient now. Maybe we're spoiled. 

3 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I don't speak for us all but i'd say Third is the target. Europe is acceptable. Top six is bare minimum.  I could almost accept a bottom six finish if we were showing some sort of direction. Bottom six and getting worse should be a sacking. 

I guess if i gave it more thought the continued existence of the club would be higher but it doesn't seem that salient now. Maybe we're spoiled. 

Aberdeen own their own ground don't they? Presumably its not hocked up to the hilts then that should provide some surety.

That being said it only takes one asset stripping wide-boy* to come in and who knows - I wonder what Massone is doing these days?

* Wide-boy was not the first word I typed but thought better of it in light of said party's propensity for suing every man and his dug.