Livingston v Aberdeen

We can argue the ref interpreted Montaño's role in the incident wrongly but the ref didn't misidentify Montaño as having been a participant in the incident. So while yellow cards can be overturned for mistaken identity, I don't expect it to be applied here. 

7 hours ago, Menga Bus said:

Have you actually watched it back? It’s quite clearly Anderson that pushes him, but yeah good try mate 

You really need to watch a replay of the whole incident, of course it’s Montano that pushes Besuijen over. You’re obviously looking at the wrong part of the stramash.

13 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve absolutely no idea why they are all absolutely furious after winning against a team above them in the league. Referee was against them the whole match, Aberdeen players diving for fouls and yellow/red, Scott Brown has special training sessions to teach players how to dive and moan at referees. What the hell would they have been like if they’d lost?

Which part of that do you disagree with @LivelyLion?

12 hours ago, IDoNotKnowThisOne said:

24 fouls to Livi and 10 to Aberdeen. Notwithstanding the yellow and the penalty that should've been given. 

2.5 x more fouls. Clancy clearly favouring Aberdeen- hence his non penalty award. 

You fell over, half those fouls were an embarrassment to the man’s game, honestly don’t get the waiting for contact them falling to the ground with a scream whilst clutching your face, shameful tbh.

7 minutes ago, LiviGaz said:

You fell over, half those fouls were an embarrassment to the man’s game, honestly don’t get the waiting for contact them falling to the ground with a scream whilst clutching your face, shameful tbh.

2 minutes added to injury time because of this...

14 minutes ago, LiviGaz said:

Not that I want my team to exaggerate fouls, but my problem with this is that livi set out with a tactic to play close to the edge in terms of leaving a foot in, breaking up play, disrupting the rhythm of the game. That tactic is a gamble in terms of accumulating bookings and risking a red.

If you’re the team on the receiving end of that tactic, you need the ref to start booking players because it’s literally the only way livi will stop doing it, and it’s a very effective tactic. 

I’ve said it a few times on the thread, I have absolutely no issue with livi playing like that, you do what you can to win games. But the ‘who me?’ Act from livi when you get a ref who’s known to lose control of games brandishing cards seems a bit off. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Not that I want my team to exaggerate fouls, but my problem with this is that livi set out with a tactic to play close to the edge in terms of leaving a foot in, breaking up play, disrupting the rhythm of the game. That tactic is a gamble in terms of accumulating bookings and risking a red.

If you’re the team on the receiving end of that tactic, you need the ref to start booking players because it’s literally the only way livi will stop doing it, and it’s a very effective tactic. 

I’ve said it a few times on the thread, I have absolutely no issue with livi playing like that, you do what you can to win games. But the ‘who me?’ Act from livi when you get a ref who’s known to lose control of games brandishing cards seems a bit off. 

That sounds more like Aberdeen than Livi.

Clancy has a reputation for losing control of games, he certainly done that yesterday and turned the game into a bit of a farce. I think some of the fouls he gave yellow cards for where not yellows, and other fouls he didn’t give cards where yellow cards which Incensed both sets of fans and dugouts. The red card is a bit of a joke and I’d be surprised if we didn’t go down the mistaken identity route to get that rescinded, I’ll also say that Aberdeen absolutely should’ve had a penalty, I said at the time it looked clear and having seen it back my mind hasn’t changed, got away with one no doubt.

On the actual game itself, I thought we controlled large spells of the game without having a lot of the ball, we where quite happy to give up possession and hit on the counter and it worked a treat for 65/70 minutes, the turning point was undoubtedly Woods save from Holt, that goes in the game is over and I think Aberdeen capitulate, credit though they got a goal back and after that it was backs against the wall, couple goal line clearances, a good save from Max as well. 

2004 our last win at home to Aberdeen so was nice to finally get that donkey off our back, huge game midweek against a good Ross County side, a win surely secured safety which is still the ultimate goal at this point in the season. 

2 minutes ago, andylivi1 said:

Clancy has a reputation for losing control of games, he certainly done that yesterday and turned the game into a bit of a farce. I think some of the fouls he gave yellow cards for where not yellows, and other fouls he didn’t give cards where yellow cards which Incensed both sets of fans and dugouts. The red card is a bit of a joke and I’d be surprised if we didn’t go down the mistaken identity route to get that rescinded, I’ll also say that Aberdeen absolutely should’ve had a penalty, I said at the time it looked clear and having seen it back my mind hasn’t changed, got away with one no doubt.

On the actual game itself, I thought we controlled large spells of the game without having a lot of the ball, we where quite happy to give up possession and hit on the counter and it worked a treat for 65/70 minutes, the turning point was undoubtedly Woods save from Holt, that goes in the game is over and I think Aberdeen capitulate, credit though they got a goal back and after that it was backs against the wall, couple goal line clearances, a good save from Max as well. 

2004 our last win at home to Aberdeen so was nice to finally get that donkey off our back, huge game midweek against a good Ross County side, a win surely secured safety which is still the ultimate goal at this point in the season. 

That’s all pretty fair. 

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

You really need to watch a replay of the whole incident, of course it’s Montano that pushes Besuijen over. You’re obviously looking at the wrong part of the stramash.

If anything Besuijen went into Montano after Anderson pushed him away, was clearly Besuijen for hauling Anderson up off the ground and Anderson for pushing him away as the main culprits. 

Besuijen did the same trick moments later with another Livi player but Clancy rightfully ignored it that time.

12 hours ago, betting competition said:

Alex Miller must have a worst record than Glass if not the worst in our history. I don't like what I'm watching but this is nowhere near the level of Alex Miller/Paterson/McGhee/Brown.  The big problem I see is the manager organisation is dreadful.

Well, that's going to have to be sorted pdq. Might get away with it this season, but carry this into next season...

We're going to be playing sectional league cup ties while Hearts are jetting off all over Europe. It's questionable whether we could win an away tie against lower division opposition in the league cup either, atm.

24 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

If anything Besuijen went into Montano after Anderson pushed him away, was clearly Besuijen for hauling Anderson up off the ground and Anderson for pushing him away as the main culprits. 

Besuijen did the same trick moments later with another Livi player but Clancy rightfully ignored it that time.

Hang on, how was Anderson on the ground? And what was he doing there?

I thought that no Livi player fell over or feigned injury?

And yet the whole fracas was because of precisely that happening.  

Delusional.

2 hours ago, bennett said:

That sounds more like Aberdeen than Livi.

He's talking nonsense, Livi's tactic is to press the ball, always has been since we've been in the Premiership, game wasn't dirty and a few cards weren't even for tackles, Holt kicking the ball away, Max getting booked for dissent at being frustrated at us getting a foul and no card given to the Aberdeen player when we were getting cards for the same thing, and Montano's 2nd yellow then red for Anderson pushing Besuijen into him. 

Montgomery came in and pushed Montano harder than Montano supposedly pushed Besuijen, but no card there.