Mighty Mo vs The Sons

4 hours ago, ticketyboo said:

BallochSonsFan......there is no player by the name of McLean plays for the Mo now. He went back to Peterheed for the ££££££'s.....keep up fella it's Big Eli you'll have to deal with now..

You'll have seen the bit when I suggested that Montrose  could take McLean out the game if they got to him early.

Do they not teach you folk to read?

Delighted big Josh got the goal, his hold up play has been really good, we just don’t seem to have anyone making runs for him and he’s having to resort to going backwards almost everytime he takes it down. 

The Wylde and Boyle combo really isn’t one I enjoy and I think we look badly exposed down that side. I just wish Wylde had a bit more confidence about him, he looks shit scared everytime he has a chance to beat a man, take a shot or hit a cross. 

Hopefully that goal can give us a bit of belief, we can play some decent stuff when we don’t shite ourselves.

I think Boyle and Buchanan have been dreadful here... both caught for the goal. We wait on the ball far too often rather than going and getting it. Our left hand side is still a major issue but having a focal point is helping us and Josh seems to be getting some wee fouls which is helping us out. Thought his booking was a bit harsh.

All that being said, I think we just about deserved the goal back when we got it.

Brilliant move, completely undeserved. That move was a literal outlier of the entire half as we’d looked shake my defensively and barely strung a pass together.

Things improved somewhat when we moved Duthie up front and Orsi to the wing. Duthie is able to mimic McLean’s movements much better than Orsi.

Weak down the left side. I’d like to see Boyle taken off McKee/Wilson on. Wright looks a huge upgrade without actually having much to do. Centre Backs both played well.

Paton and Carswell both lacking creativity and Paton lacking the legs to support attacks.

Pignateillo impressive again and great overlap + cross for the goal.

Oyinsan has some excellent hold up play and certainly adds a new dimension to us as a team. Took the goal well. His positional sense can be a bit off however and his work rate certainly isn’t high.

I dunno what was more embarassing there, our absolutely vile tactics to scrape a 1-1 draw, that involved a lot of rolling around on the deck, or the Montrose fans, commentator and backroom staff’s complete lack of knowledge regarding the basic rules of fitba. FWIW a professional foul in the middle of the park is a yellow card, kicking out is a red a card. 

Quite happy with the point but I really don’t understand why we didn’t even attempt to counter attack. It’s seriously hard to watch and worse than anything we witnessed under Jim Duffy.

Edited by Bring Back Paddy Flannery

1 minute ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

How we have twice avoided defeat at Links Park this season is beyond me.  That was a grim watch.

I remember Stevie Farrell waxing lyrical about Montrose earlier in the season. Are they a better team than us? Absolutely. Should we deem ourselves incapable of even attempting to attack their goal the entirety of the second half? Absolutely not. A seriously horrible watch.

Montrose fans fuming though the ref definitely got it correct. Carswell clearly stopped a promising attack = yellow card Watson with violent conduct = red card

I understand maybe the situation caused the outrage (possibly their last attacking chance of the match).

Solid defensive display second half, need to show more going forward which I’m sure we will against weaker teams.

Yeah we were solid defensively for sure. If we had been that tight in the first half we wouldn't have conceded the goal we did. But if wasn't nice to watch and we seemed happy to sit in despite finishing the 1st half on top and showing we could take the game to them more. We missed MacLean and his direct play today I felt. Orsi works hard but he isn't up to starting with how he plays, imo.