East Fife vs Clyde

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] 
You any closer to being able to tell me what’s homophobic about that or are you just going to keep posting irrelevant pictures. There’s no argument to be had. It should be a fairly simple answer I guess, you seem outraged about it. 

can imagine you’ve been bubbling in to steam trains weekly mag all night trying to get away from the trauma. 

get well soon 
Well is sure as shit wasn't being chanted in support of her was it now? It's clearly a dig about her being a lesbian.

Why any Clyde fan would be chanting about her is beyond me. It has absolutely nothing to do with Clyde.

So if they were singing about her having dreadlocks it would be racist? 

agree with the second part of your post. 

What?

The fact that Clyde fans want to clearly have a go at a woman who spoke out against a rapist says more about them than her to be honest. Trying to justify if the chant is deemed homophobic is not really relevant.

So if they were singing about her having dreadlocks it would be racist? 

agree with the second part of your post. 
The context is important, if they were wanting to shout something racist then I'm sure they would find something other than dreadlocks to shout about it.

Why do you thinking they were chanting it?

11 hours ago, Autistisches Nilpferd said:

"Val McDermid has a short back and sides"

Please stop desperately seeking oppression where it doesn't exist, there is absolutely less than zero homophobic connotations to be taken from this.

Homophobia is disgusting - but those who constantly strive to be victimised by anything and everything are just as much of a problem.

The world is not out to get you.

3 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

The context is important, if they were wanting to shout something racist then I'm sure they would find something other than dreadlocks to shout about it.

Why do you thinking they were chanting it?

Because she has a shite haircut.

The chant's not disgusting because it slags off her hair, it's disgusting because it's a song in support of rapist and throwing shit at someone who took a stand against her club signing said rapist. 

The defence of "don't you dare call us homophobes, we were just supporting our hero rapist" isn't the save some seem to think it is.

Please stop desperately seeking oppression where it doesn't exist, there is absolutely less than zero homophobic connotations to be taken from this.
Homophobia is disgusting - but those who constantly strive to be victimised by anything and everything are just as much of a problem.
The world is not out to get you.

Glad you created an account for this wonderful insight.

If you can’t connect the dots between a high profile lesbian and singing about her having a short back and sides then clearly your a fucking idiot.

Why was she even being mentioned at all?

DG was happy to jump ship to Raith so not sure why is he getting sung about either.

12 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

If you can’t connect the dots between a high profile lesbian and singing about her having a short back and sides then clearly your a fucking idiot.

DG was happy to jump ship to Raith so not sure why is he getting sung about either.

That’s what I was thinking, why even mention anything from the whole scenario. It’s been national news all week yet we have a number of fans who think it’s a good idea to paint the club in a bad light in the next game. 

They haven’t done anyone any favours with that. 

2 hours ago, Clyde01 said:

Thats one take on it yes - which you're fully entitled to.

Another take might be that the woman has been responsible for dragging the name of an ex player through the mud who conducted himself with exemplary professionalism during his 5 years at Clyde - leading to the mass spread of misinformation about the case causing outrage majoritively from people who just read a tweet and make assumptions without even looking into the facts of the case.

A man who has not been convicted of any crime and only lost a civil case on the balance of probability based on zero evidence from a judge who is about as qualified enough to hand down a judgement in a criminal case as a joiner is.

Her sexual orientation does not change the fact she looks like Guy Fieri and thus has a shite haircut.

Another take might be that the woman has been responsible for dragging the name of an ex player through the mud who conducted himself with exemplary professionalism during his 5 years at Clyde - leading to the mass spread of misinformation about the case causing outrage majoritively from people who just read a tweet and make assumptions without even looking into the facts of the case.
A man who has not been convicted of any crime and only lost a civil case on the balance of probability based on zero evidence from a judge who is about as qualified enough to hand down a judgement in a criminal case as a joiner is.
Her sexual orientation does not change the fact she looks like Guy Fieri and thus has a shite haircut.

Aye, it’s all Val’s fault, she’s the villain in this….

Just now, Clyde01 said:

Aye, it’s all Val’s fault, she’s the villain in this….

Its not all her fault though - that's my very point.

Its not a Val Mcdermid hate campaign, its an off the cuff dumb random song sparked up for the reasons I've outlined above that someone's made up 3 seconds prior mocking her hair and it was forgotten about by the final whistle - its not as deep as folk are interpreting it.

Some folks just love to see the world through rainbow coloured oppression lenses and seek to be victimised at any opportunity so that they can go home and tweet about it, nobody cares about her sexual orientation.

29 minutes ago, LJClyde said:

No idea where you have popped up from but if you really are a Clyde fan, please do the rest of the fans and the Club a favour and delete these posts or at least give up posting on the subject 

Its not all her fault though - that's my very point.
Its not a Val Mcdermid hate campaign, its an off the cuff dumb random song sparked up for the reasons I've outlined above that someone's made up 3 seconds prior mocking her hair and it was forgotten about by the final whistle - its not as deep as folk are interpreting it.
Some folks just love to see the world through rainbow coloured oppression lenses and seek to be victimised at any opportunity so that they can go home and tweet about it, nobody cares about her sexual orientation.

You’ve accused her of dragging Goodwillie’s name through the mud, that’s up there with the wildest takes on the events of the last week.

I’m not feeling victimised or personally offended by any of this but I do find it distasteful, cringey and embarrassing to have idiots posting/singing stuff like this and being associated with the club.

41 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

You’ve accused her of dragging Goodwillie’s name through the mud, that’s up there with the wildest takes on the events of the last week.

I’m not feeling victimised or personally offended by any of this but I do find it distasteful, cringey and embarrassing to have idiots posting/singing stuff like this and being associated with the club.

As distasteful or cringey as it may be to some it still doesn't make it homophobic, which is what my original post relates to

No idea where you have popped up from but if you really are a Clyde fan, please do the rest of the fans and the Club a favour and delete these posts or at least give up posting on the subject 

It's amazing how many "Clyde fans" are suddenly creating accounts or making their first ever posts. Amazing also all are supportive of viewpoints that bring the club into disrepute.

The thread is East Fife vs Clyde should we not be talking about the Football.I was not there so how did the teams play?

I thought East Fife were by far the poorest league team I have seen this season. Absolutely no cutting edge. And not much quality elsewhere.

Clyde weren't much better in the forward areas but midfield was slightly better than our usual.

I thought Livingstone was excellent in the second half (my Motm).

Almost all Clyde set pieces ended directly into the goalkeepers arms.

Both teams could still be playing and it would still be 0-0

Day wasted. I should've stayed in and watched the rugby. And I hate rugby.

2 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

It's amazing how many "Clyde fans" are suddenly creating accounts or making their first ever posts. Amazing also all are supportive of viewpoints that bring the club into disrepute.

I thought East Fife were by far the poorest league team I have seen this season. Absolutely no cutting edge. And not much quality elsewhere.

Clyde weren't much better in the forward areas but midfield was slightly better than our usual.

I thought Livingstone was excellent in the second half (my Motm).

Almost all Clyde set pieces ended directly into the goalkeepers arms.

Both teams could still be playing and it would still be 0-0

Day wasted. I should've stayed in and watched the rugby. And I hate rugby.

Ahh I forgot.. being a clyde fan requires having a p&b account for many years, god knows how they let me through the turnstiles at Broadwood all these years

The club has been a hot topic the last week, naturally more people are going to post

The DGW saga is always going to divide and nobodies minds are going to be changed.

My only message is the McDermid chant; distasteful yes, homophobic absolutely not

2 hours ago, LJClyde said:

Ahh I forgot.. being a clyde fan requires having a p&b account for many years, god knows how they let me through the turnstiles at Broadwood all these years

The club has been a hot topic the last week, naturally more people are going to post

The DGW saga is always going to divide and nobodies minds are going to be changed.

My only message is the McDermid chant; distasteful yes, homophobic absolutely not

Take the last word off at the end of your post and you would be spot on with your interpretation.  Just who are you trying to kid by saying that was not homophobic?  Get a grip.