East Fife vs Clyde

Overall, that was an absolutely brutal game to watch. 

I thought Splaine did well for us as did Livingstone.

Jones offered sweet f**k all as usual. You'd think with the wind behind him it would help him run a bit quicker, but naw.

Nobody else really did anything of note that I can remember. Quite a few aimless passes and punts from the back as we have come to expect, though.

Quite glad I chose to watch the stream now instead of going up there to sit freezing and frustrated at the game. At least I can do that from the comfort of my couch today.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

2 hours ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I dunno why our fans are still singing about Goodwillie now he's a Raith player but the co-commentator describing the song as "disgusting" is an overreaction. I suspect he wouldn't have had that opinion if this fixture happened a week or two ago.

Did any Clyde fans have the balls to challenge the youngsters about their songs about Goodwillie and Val McDermid? 

I'd like to think they did. 

10 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Did any Clyde fans have the balls to challenge the youngsters about their songs about Goodwillie and Val McDermid? 

I wasn’t there as I watched the game via the stream so couldn’t tell you. 

I honestly never heard the chants about McDermid through the stream but did hear the song about Goodwillie which a lot our fans have sang since he signed with us.

Saying that, Im not one for singing at games in general, but I don’t get the singing about an ex-player tbh. Especially when he wanted to leave the club.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

I wish it was just youngsters 

Working today, so not at the game. On paper, that looks like a decent line up. What is he reason things aren't clicking? Tactics, low confidence, bad luck, the weather, over emphasis on a clean sheet, towel chucked in, God against us, or simply a mixture of all of these? 

17 minutes ago, KieranClyde said:

Jees, very homophobic. Hope the police were called. 

Honestly, what the f**k is homophobic about that? 

☝️☝️☝️

Part of the problem

27 minutes ago, KieranClyde said:

Jees, very homophobic. Hope the police were called. 

Honestly, what the f**k is homophobic about that? 

I'm tempted to ask you to give us your best shot at homophobia. But I thought, f**k it. 

This is the probably the worst run of good form that a team has ever had. To go a third of the season with only one defeat should be heralded as an achievement, but the entertainment value has been close to zero. The only positive is that we are a week closer to the end of the season and didn't lose any real ground today.

I didn't see the late handball but I did think Higgins was exceptionally lucky to get away with a completely needless barge on Jones in the first half, indeed, it was about the only time the referee didn't give a free-kick for any contact. We were also unfortunate with the "foul" on the goalkeeper for the late spill (one of many). That said, Danny Lennon shouldn't be getting himself sent off; he'd be raging if that was a player.

Overall, it was a dire game, perhaps reflected by the fact that I thought Rumsby was our best player. Gomis made a huge difference when he came on, before that EF looked the more likely (not that they really looked like scoring, bar a one-on-one). Parry made that one important save and dealt with everything else. Livingstone had a great second half but was awful in the first. We were fortunate that the player EF had on their left side was absolutely honking as Page was all over the place again. McAllister to right back next week please.

There's plenty of criticism of Jones on various platforms but I'd not highlight him over Love, Jamieson or Tade who all maybe had wee flashes but in the main struggled. We are desperately needing the return of Cunningham and Cuddihy's pace, never mind new additions.

Another week and another match that had me wondering why I bother traveling and paying to sit in total boredom in the freezing, pissing rain.

Once again, practically no goal mouth excitement. Shouting half-heartedly for a penalty was as good as it got.

We may be fifth in the League but my God it's not worth this level of tedium.

13 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Another week and another match that had me wondering why I bother traveling and paying to sit in total boredom in the freezing, pissing rain.

Once again, practically no goal mouth excitement. Shouting half-heartedly for a penalty was as good as it got.

These are the performances that might keep you in mid-table against all odds. We needed the win. 

17 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

I didn't travel or stream as I was having a helmet burnished, but the last several games have been far from entertainment.  If we are in the safety zone, a win would have seen us in 4th, it's far from enjoyable...not really the stuff to fill the stands.