East Fife vs Clyde

Thought I’d start this as it would be nice to actually talk about the fitbaw again.

Big game for both sides on Saturday. If we win I’d say we are safe from finishing 10th and that would almost certainly seal EFs relegation unless they have a miraculous upturn in form.

If EF win then they could very well drag themselves back into the mix.

Also our first game without DGW at the club. Time for others to step up on the park. Looking forward to it.

I’ll go for a scrappy 1-0 Clyde win in a game with little to no quality to speak of.

Edited by BullyWeeStonehouse

Thought I’d start this as it would be nice to actually talk about the fitbaw again.
Big game for both sides on Saturday. If we win I’d say we are safe from finishing 10th and that would almost certainly seal EFs relegation unless they have a miraculous upturn in form.
If EF win then they could very well drag themselves back into the mix.
Also our first game with DGW at the club. Time for others to step up on the park. Looking forward to it.
I’ll go for a scrappy 1-0 Clyde win in a game with little to no quality to speak of.

Drag ourselves into the mix? Absolutely no chance. We have won 3 games all season, with the last of those back in October and haven’t scored a goal this year. The sooner that we are mathematically relegated the better.

53 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

Drag ourselves into the mix? Absolutely no chance. We have won 3 games all season, with the last of those back in October and haven’t scored a goal this year. The sooner that we are mathematically relegated the better.

Knowing those stats and after supporting Clyde for 32 years it’s almost a guarantee you’ll win 3-0 now.

16 hours ago, SLClyde said:

Did east fife make any signings in January? 

Hoping Elsdon is fit to play as we have been fairly solid defensively in the last few months. Time for others to step up and start finding the back of the net more regularly. 

Brought in a couple of loanees, Leo Watson (left-back Hearts) and local-boy Darren Watson (attacker Dundee Utd). Plus Ryan Blair (midfielder) from East Kilbride.

Early days still for the loanees. Think Leo Watson is just OK, if slightly underwhelming, and Darren Watson only came on against Peterhead last weekend for the last 15 mins or so. Hard to tell if he's more of a natural striker or a winger (where he ended up playing). He looks quick but that's all that I can say. Nothing for Clyde to fret about, lets put it that way. Ryan Blair has come in and looks the kind of midfielder who likes to keep possession of the ball rather than just resort to booting the ball away, but nothing much else to his game. 

It'll be intriguing to see how Clyde fare without their key man DGW. 

Can see this ending as another goal-less draw. But the games are running out now and we really ought to start winning games against those clubs hovering above us. 

Will you guys have DGW back by tomorrow? Did Raith keep the receipt? It's been Cuningham that's done the damage to us in the first 2 games between the sides anyway.

Really needed to take 6 points from our 3 home games in a row, and with 2 of them down, we've bagged 1 point & not scored. Anything other than a convincing 2/3-0 win would do to restore my belief we can stay up. It's not looking likely.

26 minutes ago, Life on Marrs? said:

Will you guys have DGW back by tomorrow? Did Raith keep the receipt? It's been Cuningham that's done the damage to us in the first 2 games between the sides anyway.

Really needed to take 6 points from our 3 home games in a row, and with 2 of them down, we've bagged 1 point & not scored. Anything other than a convincing 2/3-0 win would do to restore my belief we can stay up. It's not looking likely.

Wouldn’t expect so. Depending on the injuries it’ll likely be a front 3 of Love, Jamieson and Jones. 

Seriously, can’t see where  goal will come from, even if East Fife are struggling or not. Especially if Jamieson isn’t fit. Not that we should be depending on a young loanee, which says everything about Jones! As said before he was / is a baffling signing. 

Seriously, can’t see where  goal will come from, even if East Fife are struggling or not. Especially if Jamieson isn’t fit. Not that we should be depending on a young loanee, which says everything about Jones! As said before he was / is a baffling signing. 
We've scored 11 goals since the start of December and Goodwillie only scored 3 of them.

We've found a way to score in recent games when Goodwillie hasn't played or been on the bench so hopefully that continues.

I know, but when he did come on he totally changed the games Even last week;  obviously not fit but made the free kick that led to the winner.

I actually wasn’t meaning the Goodwillie contribution, I was really making the point we can’t rely on being safe with a forward line of Jones and Tade (starting).

This is not a plea to get David Goodwillie back BTW before another shit show starts!

One more forward - hopefully making use of the loan market - and the other three players still out injured returning and I’d actually feel OK about our chances going forward of staying in the division. Still got to make that signing and get to that point obviously.