Ryan Jack

greenockraver

• 1 year later...
5 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

In Scotland being called shite is bigotry.

In Scotland, some fans get themselves that worked up they start booing their own player.

It’s not bigoted, it’s just embarrassing for those partaking. Showing that they’re definitely not bothered by Ryan Jack.

I cant think of Jack ever having a poor game for Scotland, he is not amazing but he makes that current Rangers team tick, watched the game against Hibs last month and he was very very good. Anyone who boos their own player is a grade A bellend

5 hours ago, AJF said:

In Scotland, some fans get themselves that worked up they start booing their own player.

It’s not bigoted, it’s just embarrassing for those partaking. Showing that they’re definitely not bothered by Ryan Jack.

Far be it from me to agree with a Rangers fan talking about Rangers players, but I agree. Were he able to keep fit, he’d probably be a first choice pick every game.  He had a very short spell where he was Scotland’s most influential midfielder.  

The rationality of some “foot soldiers” beggars belief.   I presume nobody who wants Angus Gunn jettisoned celebrated goals by James Morrison or Che Adams?  

I presume these people wouldn’t celebrate a Ryan Jack goal?  There was some Aberdeen fan trying to justify it because Jack gives it back, saying he’s unprofessional for responding.  Let’s be honest, that’s who it is. Aberdeen fans who make up, to their credit I guess, a fair proportion of the fanbase. 

Jack is a great player to have in the squad,him playing will mean big McTomilnay gets to be 100 per cent fresh against Spain

Word is that Jack has two Bundesleiga teams in for him if he leaves Rangers 

Guy will always give you 100 per cent and will win tackles and 50tie 50ties and get us back on the ball

Type off physical midfielder doing a lot off unoticed work that every decent national side needs to be competitive at this level 

It is absolutely scandalous that anyone would boo any player who pulls on the national jersey regardless of which club team he plays for. Having said that, I don't think it was widespread, just a small number of moronic individuals.

what is the evidence that it is anti-Rangers as opposed to disgruntled Aberdeen fans? the extent of the boo'ing? I must admit I have only heard a few sporadic (but noticeable) jeers when his name is announced which would suggest to me it is definitely Aberdeen fans. Also in looking more recently I don't recall Naismith, Whittaker, Souttar (has he played for Scotland post Hearts?), Hutton, Patterson etc getting any adverse treatment. 

The main boo'ing I have heard at Scotland games has been against McAllister, Ian Black and Chris Martin - and of course the team/manager at the end of another drubbing. Anything against Jack is shite but not comparable to these instances. Clearly getting turned into something more sinister and agenda driven as opposed to something attributed to a few north east wankers (😀)....

23 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

what is the evidence that it is anti-Rangers as opposed to disgruntled Aberdeen fans?

I guess it’ll be a bit of both. I don’t imagine he’d get the same treatment from the Dons faithful if he’d run his contract down and joined Derby County, as an example.

Edited by AJF