Ryan Jack

greenockraver

Played an impressive 45 minutes tonight, thought he shored things up well in the context of already being 3-0 down.  along with big alan, probably stopped rangers suffering an embarassement against a fast skillful celtic side. great to see ryan coming back after a horrible year or 2. heres hoping he can sustain a run in the rangers team and be available for selection in march. 

even hit the bar tae

hes a great option to have in a hectic, battling midfield.

Edited by greenockraver

7 minutes ago, greenockraver said:

Played an impressive 45 minutes tonight, thought he shored things up well in the context of already being 3-0 down.  along with big alan, probably stopped rangers suffering an embarassement against a fast skillful celtic side. great to see ryan coming back after a horrible year or 2. heres hoping he can sustain a run in the rangers team and be available for selection in march. 

even hit the bar tae

hes a great option to have in a hectic, battling midfield.

The game was finished 

2 minutes ago, Binos said:

The game was finished 

totally agree. which is why he was brought on. He stopped it becoming and embarassment in the midfield. especially against the mcgregor mccarthy and soro trio , he shored things up well i thought, considering the context of his appearance.

Edited by greenockraver

1 minute ago, greenockraver said:

totally agree. which is why he was brought on. He stopped it becoming and embarassment in the midfield. especially against the mcgregor mccarthy and soro trio , he shored things up well i thought . 

Hope he gets a run starting in their team 

Not sure who he replaces in ours though 

Jack is 3rd choice central midfielder for me behind Gilmour and McGregor. Jack and McGregor played well together so could see that again in March depending on BG injury status and Jack staying fit.

Edited by CM.

5 minutes ago, CM. said:

Jack is 3rd choice central midfielder for me behind Gilmour and McGregor. Jack and McGregor played well together so could see that again in March depending on BG injury status and Jack staying fit.

He can’t still be the time he's had out

During which Mctominay turning captain material performances at man u

Rat - and kind of hoped rumours of a permanent injury were true.

Ok, that's too bitter. He's a good player and an asset for any team - and I think was a miss for the national team in the Euros.

Apparently he only became good when he moved to Ibrox, despite the earlier career interest from Napoli, Roma and Everton - and being made club captain of AFC at 22.

2 hours ago, Binos said:

He can’t still be the time he's had out

During which Mctominay turning captain material performances at man u

I think young scott and the manager are still trying to figure out his role for scotland. hes that technically gifted, tall, strong and quick that hes done a wee bit of everything. a special case maybe ?

in terms of ryan

2nd goal against denmark, ye could have jack or mclean winning that ball. I think its a key position for us. Someone who can nick the ball off a top player , look them in the eye and make them think they will do it again. It's great to have choice in that position instead of relying on just the one player imo.  a player like that can lift the whole team. 

keane at man u and makelele at real were obviously the industry standard for this type of player... but players like that can make great attacking players think twice, even at our level. 

ive been wrang before mind...many times . but i look at big ryan and reckon he handles the big occasion well

Edited by greenockraver

It'd be great if he can get back in the squad. I'd much prefer Jack to McLean for the role of "Gilmour replacement after 75/80 minutes" although McLean's physique could be useful if we're camped in our own box. There is room for both of them, though, IMO.

Ryan Jack brings a unique skillset, different to what we have in the team which is a strong argument for him to be included assuming he manages to keep his high level of performance from the Old Firm and re-establish himself in the Rangers team during February.

Steve Clarke said a while back it would be a 24 man squad which would mean potentially 1/3 of our squad are midfielders. I'm not sure what the allowed squad size is for the Play-offs. 

image.png.9a2de1c610fc9ce9b0d61d47eca1bc73.png

What the players have to do is maintain a really high level of performance and keep putting performances that gives me a difficult choice in March. That's what I want. I want to sit down two weeks before the squad announcement and think how am I got to narrow this squad of 30 odd players down to 24 (1st of March). That's their job. My job is to watch them and try and pick the right squad.

Steve Clarke

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12017/12500941/scotland-head-coach-steve-clarke-discusses-the-euros-world-cup-hopes-and-his-2021-highlights

Edited by 2426255

Ferguson's the obvious one to go as we've got a few players somewhat similar to him, albeit already covering different positions.

Cooper's injury might make this a bit simpler but one of Hendry and Souttar might need to be dropped despite not deserving it. If Cooper's fit then you've got those two and McTominay for one position. I'm not sure what will happen with Souttar between now and March though.

Well it's up to Ryan Jack to maintain a really high level of performance and keep putting performances that give Steve Clarke a difficult choice in March. He still has to fight his way into the Rangers team having played only 59 minutes since January or alternatively 115 minutes in Rangers 21/22 season to date.

I think it's like a lot of situations - we just have to wait until March to see how he has been getting.

Edited by 2426255

1 hour ago, 2426255 said:

Ryan Jack brings a unique skillset, different to what we have in the team which is a strong argument for him to be included assuming he manages to keep his high level of performance from the Old Firm and re-establish himself in the Rangers team during February.

Steve Clarke said a while back it would be a 24 man squad which would mean potentially 1/3 of our squad are midfielders. I'm not sure what the allowed squad size is for the Play-offs. 

image.png.9a2de1c610fc9ce9b0d61d47eca1bc73.png

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12017/12500941/scotland-head-coach-steve-clarke-discusses-the-euros-world-cup-hopes-and-his-2021-highlights

I don't think fergusons good enough,  can't see him making squads if everyone fit

On 03/02/2022 at 11:30, accies1874 said:

Ferguson's the obvious one to go as we've got a few players somewhat similar to him, albeit already covering different positions.

Cooper's injury might make this a bit simpler but one of Hendry and Souttar might need to be dropped despite not deserving it. If Cooper's fit then you've got those two and McTominay for one position. I'm not sure what will happen with Souttar between now and March though.

I thought Ferguson was excellent against Rangers not been the greatest fan off him most off the times and sometimes find it difficult to see what he brings to a team sometimes 

But he was comfortable on the ball kept it ticking and wasn't afraid to tackle before thought his game was more about goals but he is starting to get better in his all round game good player