Mathematical Milestones 2022

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-premiership/attendances/away
This one, which although probably wildly inaccurate, has Dundee United at the top, and see who is bottom.
I prefer it.

Ive been caught out trusting footballwebpages before

They’re missing the attendance from Celtic vs Rangers in February

1 hour ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-premiership/attendances/away

This one, which although probably wildly inaccurate, has Dundee United at the top, and see who is bottom.

I prefer it.

I think it quite simply shows that the city of Dundee carries Scottish football on its back.

Seriously though, I have literally no idea what that chart is even trying to say. That the overall attendance of all away games for each team mean anything? I suppose it's the "must-see"-ness of each team by fans of other teams table... which I'll accept as fact.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

7 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

I think it quite simply shows that the city of Dundee carries Scottish football on its back.

Seriously though, I have literally no idea what that chart is even trying to say. That the overall attendance of all away games for each team mean anything? I suppose it's the "must-see"-ness of each team table... which I'll accept as fact.

Anything that puts Celtic and Rangers mid table or lower, is good by me.

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Seriously though, I have literally no idea what that chart is even trying to say. That the overall attendance of all away games for each team mean anything? I suppose it's the "must-see"-ness of each team by fans of other teams table... which I'll accept as fact.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

Anything that puts Celtic and Rangers mid table or lower, is good by me.

You can use statistics as you wish, but I like to think it adds traction to the argument that the Old Firm aren't the big draw for other fans that the Glasgow supporters, the football authorities and the Scottish media like to believe.

We get bigger crowds at Tannadice against Dundee and Aberdeen than against these two.

11 hours ago, The Other Foot said:

What in the blithering f**k is this madness? 

Crowds at away matches added together and divided by matches played puts Dundee on top.

There are some issues, relating to Covid which turn the premise into jelly - e.g. our match at Celtic Park over the christmas/ny period which had zero fans in attendance.

Amusing but pointless stuff.

Maths isn't my thing, so maybe I'm being thick.

But surely this table disadvantages the OF as they get half as many away games with 50,000+ crowds as the rest of the league. Dundee, for example, get shree trips to the OF, equalling shree 50,000+ away crowds. By the end of the season Hearts will have four of those. But the OF only get two each per season.

So, it doesn't tell us much about the OF's impact on crowds?

Or am I not understanding?

24 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

Maths isn't my thing, so maybe I'm being thick.

But surely this table disadvantages the OF as they get half as many away games with 50,000+ crowds as the rest of the league. Dundee, for example, get shree trips to the OF, equalling shree 50,000+ away crowds. By the end of the season Hearts will have four of those. But the OF only get two each per season.

So, it doesn't tell us much about the OF's impact on crowds?

Or am I not understanding?

I think you might be taking this a little too seriously, or as our verdant warrior poet chum puts it

3 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Amusing but pointless stuff.

Been nursing a rather brutal Dens Park hangover. But fear not. 

Hearts will seal 3rd place with a victory over Hibs if Utd and Motherwell fail to win. A draw will see them seal 4th if Motherwell lose.

A point will secure a top 6 finish for Dundee Utd, the only scenario to see Utd missing out is defeat for themselves and victories for Hibs, County and either Motherwell or Livi. 

A win will secure Top 6 for Motherwell. A point will be enough if Hibs fail to beat Hearts or County fail to beat Aberdeen. It will also be enough if Dundee scud Utd by 7. 

Hibs are in a similar boat. Victory in the derby secures a top 6 finish, a point may be enough if Livi fail to win and Aberdeen and County draw. 

County must beat Aberdeen and hope Hibs don't win. A draw at Pittodrie would be enough if Livi don't win and Hibs take a caning in the Edinburgh derby. 

Livi must beat Motherwell but even that wouldn't be enough if Hibs win and County win by the same margin at Pittodrie and Utd get something from Dundee. Were any of those not to happen Livi would be in. 

Aberdeen must beat County and hope Hibs don't win against Hearts. That is the only scenario that will see the Dons in the top half. 

St Mirren must beat Rangers and hope Hibs lose the derby, County and Aberdeen draw and Motherwell beat Livi. A Livi win could see St Mirren catch Motherwell if there is a swing of 5 in GD in favour of St Mirren. 

If County, Livi and Hibs all win. Dundee would be able to finish no higher than 8th if they lose the derby. 

Edited by 10menwent2mow

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Which is nice

I've not seen a huge amount of Hearts this season, basically only the 3 games against us, which have been even overall. Draw was the right result in the first game, thought we were worth our win at Pittodrie and Hearts deservedly won at Tynecastle 2nd time round (although I still don't know what Gallagher's goal was ruled out for). 

Have they been any good or have they benefitted from the mass inconsistency of everyone else. I'm not taking anything away from Hearts but the rest of the league has been utter utter dross.