Mathematical Milestones 2022

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

They're confirmed bottom six so can't be above 7th.

Doh! 

Was going on available points and completely forgot about the split

What a fucking moron

Eta-they can still catch any given team up to utd though. Just can't finish fourth. 

Edited by coprolite
Seething mess

23 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Dundee could still catch any team up to Utd. I think they could still hypothetically finish fourth, but i've not given it too much thought. 

Hibs have previous for going into freefall at this stage of the season. 

Almost a must-win game for them against the luckiest team in the league this Saturday. If they don’t win then the next game becomes an even more fraught affair for them. And St Johnstone’s results become increasingly more important than their own.....

1 minute ago, A96 said:

Hibs have previous for going into freefall at this stage of the season. 

Almost a must-win game for them against the luckiest team in the league this Saturday. If they don’t win then the next game becomes an even more fraught affair for them. And St Johnstone’s results become increasingly more important than their own.....

As funny as a hibs meltdown would be, i personally only care about their results to the extent that they affect our bid for the top six.

If Hibs v utd draw then the bigger clubs win each of their respective city derbies that would get us top six (i think), if we win both our games.

52 minutes ago, coprolite said:

As funny as a hibs meltdown would be, i personally only care about their results to the extent that they affect our bid for the top six.

If Hibs v utd draw then the bigger clubs win each of their respective city derbies that would get us top six (i think), if we win both our games.

Define ‘bigger club’?

The only teams guaranteed top 6 with two wins are Dundee Utd, Hibs and Livi.

All the teams on 36 could win both and be done by Livi winning both, Hibs winning both and Utd beating Dundee apart from Motherwell who would obviously beat Livi. In that scenario County would need to win both to deny Motherwell 6th. 

Two wins for the Dons would see them guaranteed to finish ahead of one of St Mirren and Motherwell or both if they draw on Saturday and Ross County, this would still not guarantee top 6 if Livi win out, Hibs get at least 4 points and Utd get at least 3 although our GD is better than Hibs so Aberdeen getting 6 and Hibs 4 would likely see us finish ahead of them. 

I'm going to predict that 6th place will be on 40 points come the split. 

Edited by 10menwent2mow

3 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

You could be on to something. Dundee attract the biggest average crowds away from home of the 12 clubs in the league this season, at over 14,500, I'm sure I've read. Hibs have the lowest, around 4000 less.

Think someone will counter this, of course.

Everyone always loves going to an away day where you're almost guaranteed points :D 

6 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

Everyone always loves going to an away day where you're almost guaranteed points :D 

I think you misunderstand: away from home, Dundee have the league's highest average attendance this season.

(It depends on which site you view, right enough)

Edited by Dundee Hibernian

3 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

You could be on to something. Dundee attract the biggest average crowds away from home of the 12 clubs in the league this season, at over 14,500, I'm sure I've read. Hibs have the lowest, around 4000 less.

Think someone will counter this, of course.

14,603 according to this link, United fans can take solace from the fact that they're the 2nd biggest club in the country by this unconventional metric with 14,017
https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/sco-premiership-2021-2022/2/

55 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

50 minutes ago, Dundee Hibernian said:

I think you misunderstand: away from home, Dundee have the league's highest average attendance this season.

OK so fans love going to home games against Dundee because everyone loves a good laugh.

41 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

14,603 according to this link, United fans can take solace from the fact that they're the 2nd biggest club in the country by this unconventional metric with 14,017
https://www.worldfootball.net/attendance/sco-premiership-2021-2022/2/

😆 This is fucking beautiful

Just now, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Hibs may sit bottom at the moment but luckily they’ve got a trip to Tynecastle which will boost their average

Its certainly an interesting use of stats, I will give them that..........................