Winter Olympics Beijing 2022

Bully Wee Villa

51 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Bad news for you m8 Hockey fight statistics

If NHL players were at the Olympics you'd get fewer fighting and roughing penalties than normal anyway. Star players aren't going to risk injuring themselves at an international tournament.

I can only agree with previous complaints and hope that the BBC actually shows this properly this year. I don't think they managed to show the men's final in full in 2018. An absolute joke.

They were probably showing their 904th uninterrupted hour of live sequinned ice prancing.

I am My daughter seems disappointed that CBC are showing the opening ceremony this morning and not the usual cartoons. 

NRK the Norwegian national broadcaster are showing a fairly interesting series about the Great Britain cross country ski team called The Olympic Draum, I watched it on their app so followed as best I could as they switched between English and Norwegian but if you watch through Chrome it will translate the subtitles. I guess as to be expected with British skiers, they seem a bit like private school boy twits with shite banter but if you can look past that it's not a bad watch. 

https://tv.nrk.no/serie/the-olympic-draum  

3-2 to Italy in the curling at the halfway mark. Italy have been under pressure and only a good shot got them a takeout to get a 2 from the 4th end. They have ate up a lot of time and the Scots have about 4 and a half minutes extra time left.

2 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Surely they have to at least try and chip the Italian stone out rather than just shake hands?

I didnt understand that at all.....they had time to play the shot.....only a tiny chance of it coming off but worth having a go surely.

whats the situation for qualifying...cant see the table anywhere

I didnt understand that at all.....they had time to play the shot.....only a tiny chance of it coming off but worth having a go surely.
whats the situation for qualifying...cant see the table anywhere
Me neither, it's a miracle shot, but I've played enough bowls over the years to know that every once in a while they come off.

GB started badly against China and were 4-1 down at halfway. They used their powerplay on end 5 and took a 3 to level it, then stole 1 on the Chinese powerplay to go in front.

China just took 1 on end 7 to level it at 5-5, so GB have the hammer in the decider.

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

GB started badly against China and were 4-1 down at halfway. 

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

A 6-5 win for GB without having to play the last stone after the Chinese lass knocked her own stone out.

Ah, talk about a spoiler. Put this on just now and it's evidently not as 'live' as I thought it was.  

532628053_PXL_20220206_0313228822.thumb.jpg.c675d8ecf36acd38d79bf76be3066c37.jpg

Eta: quite enjoying the snowboard commentary.

"Oh noooooo!  Deckchairs it!  That wouldn't be out of place on Clapham Beach..."

"Whoaft! Get your lottery numbers on mate!"

Edited by Hedgecutter

18 minutes ago, peasy23 said:

Canada currently playing an extra end against Australia after coming back from 6-0 down to draw 8-8.

GB lost, a win against the USA tomorrow puts them into the knockout stages.

Am I being thick here but aren’t they through? Even if they lose, they’ll have the same record as Sweden and they beat them. It doesn’t say they’re qualified on the Olympic site, but not sure why