Thistle vs Queens - Tuesday 8th March

19 minutes ago, Pat Boon said:

Ffs. Am i not allowed to have an opinion? Yes i'm more than pleased to win these games but don't enjoy games as a whole in these surfaces. End of.

If your opinion is baseless then it's going to get called out.

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'm sure the idea of us going to plastic was sold to the fans as being a good money earner. The man-in-the-know at Palmerston has since stated it is not such a money earner at all. This was about the time Heston  Rovers gave up hiring the pitch and questions were asked if it seriously impacted our income. The indoor pitches at The Arena are better money earners but closing down during Covid restrictions obviously severely hit that. 

Yip, SD said exactly that a few months back.

Apparently, the main advantage of our pitch is In getting matches (on days like this I suppose) to go ahead.  As you say, the Arena is said to be much the bigger money spinner.

I suppose it makes sense really.  At the time ours was installed, it was the only one in town, leaving aside that ridiculous surface at King George's.  Now, there are three others in Dumfries itself, as well as ones in all the surrounding towns.  The capacity to make serious money from having such a pitch must have diminished.

3 hours ago, R&Y99 said:

Our pitch is honking. Groundsharing is surely the main factor in the state of the park. 

At this rate we will now be playing twice a week until the end of the season.

I think the only way we are playing twice a week is if all the games are away from home. 
I think the forecast is rain pretty much all week - so can’t see the cup game going ahead either.

4 minutes ago, jagsfan57 said:

I think the only way we are playing twice a week is if all the games are away from home. 
I think the forecast is rain pretty much all week - so can’t see the cup game going ahead either.

Rain forecast till Wednesday(not as heavy as today) then peters out with dry days on Friday and Saturday so with any luck will be on .

• R&Y99 changed the title to Thistle vs Queens - Tuesday 8th March