Thistle vs Queens - Tuesday 8th March

9 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I'll hold off buying my ticket then. I think the supporters bus(es) will be away by now. 

I'm about 20 miles south of Firhill in South Lanarkshire and not only is it pissing down, but its blowing a gale too - between the pitch and the weather not much hope for silky football today - so might be a wee chance Queens could sneak a draw then?

2 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

I'm about 20 miles south of Firhill in South Lanarkshire and not only is it pissing down, but its blowing a gale too - between the pitch and the weather not much hope for silky football today - so might be a wee chance Queens could sneak a draw then?

Weather's the same down here in Dumfries. This wind and watching us trying to play on a claggy sandpit isn't exactly enticing me out of my armchair but I'll probably be there if its on. 

27 minutes ago, Otis Blue said:

We won't lose today. 

No idea what is going on the pitch situation. We've spent a lot of money on it during our Premiership years on re-laying the surface and apparently fixing a long standing drainage issue. 

It was last re-layed summer of 2019. Now it doesn't flood the canal side so much but it seems the main stand side is worse now too.

Grondshare probably doesn't help but there hasn't been that many matches recently.

I've no idea what is causing these issues but seems more fundamental than just having tenants. The pitch did start cutting up earlier than usual though which would have been  due to the number of games earlier in the season.

Edited by jagfox OG

If you look at the opening league game vs Queens you can see there are bare spots on the pitch, I know there would have been some league cup games but something has gone wrong and obviously groundsharing hasn't helped that. 

Edited by Fuctifano

50 minutes ago, Uniform11 said:

Firhill’s surface is a definite argument for plastic pitches.

No it isn't. We shouldn't have allowed QP to groundshare. The pitch has been decent up until now. The day we switch to plastic is the day i stop watching Thistle.

The day we switch to plastic is the day i stop watching Thistle.

That's wild. Some respectable Raith fans have had a terrible week but are still going to Stark's this afternoon having agonised over the morals of backing a club which signed a rapist. You're willing to boycott over the playing surface.