Thistle vs Queens - Tuesday 8th March

Is Fitzpatrick shit? Always looked very promising with us before he got his move to Norwich.

He came on the other night near the end and I only realised when I watched the highlights.

If he starts he's normally anonymous. You can see in flashes that he has ability to take men on but sadly he rarely does it and hides for the majority of games. A very 'meh' signing when he returned and that he's getting little game time for the shittest side in the division speaks volumes.

On 02/02/2022 at 16:34, Fae_the_'briggs said:

I think it's a no - no at the club to criticise the pitch. It's a hollow excuse anyway when the opposition seem to master it better. 

I recall games at Firhill when you shared with the Rugby lot, it was reasonably flat to start but like a sandpit which cut up badly during the game. Is it just as bad or worse now?  To be honest some of our lot could play on a bowling green surface and still struggle to control and pass the ball. 

I reckon this is worse than when we shared it with the Warriors, vast areas of the pitch are basically just sand/mud. 

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

He came on the other night near the end and I only realised when I watched the highlights.

If he starts he's normally anonymous. You can see in flashes that he has ability to take men on but sadly he rarely does it and hides for the majority of games. A very 'meh' signing when he returned and that he's getting little game time for the shittest side in the division speaks volumes.

Sounds like he's a stick-on for a hat-trick on Saturday

3 pictures of roughly the same area over last few years from this time of year

Pic 1- 29/1/2011 vs Dunfermline (while sharing with Glasgow Warriors)

Pic 2- 2/2/2016 vs Motherwell (not sharing)

Pic 3- 1/2/2022 vs Ayr (sharing with QP)

We've spent a shitload of money on the pitch and it's not got any better, while the current pic isn't immediately as awful, f**k knows what all the white spots are. If the weather forecast is half accurate this is going to be off, and I haven't even looked to see how many fixtures us / QP are going to have to play on it in the next month or so.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Ground sharing with a grass pitch, with so many plastic ones about these days, is absolute lunacy. 

Partick's pitch is a good example of why plastic pitches are so popular in Scotland and definitely have their place. I'm not anti-artificial pitches, I'm just anti-shiteartificial pitches which ours undoubtedly is.

58 minutes ago, Fuctifano said:

3 pictures of roughly the same area over last few years from this time of year

Pic 1- 29/1/2011 vs Dunfermline (while sharing with Glasgow Warriors)

Pic 2- 2/2/2016 vs Motherwell (not sharing)

Pic 3- 1/2/2022 vs Ayr (sharing with QP)

We've spent a shitload of money on the pitch and it's not got any better, while the current pic isn't immediately as awful, f**k knows what all the white spots are. If the weather forecast is half accurate this is going to be off, and I haven't even looked to see how many fixtures us / QP are going to have to play on it in the next month or so.

image.png

image.png

image.png

I think the white spots are a combination of sand and grass seed covering worst of the patchy bits.

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Partick's pitch is a good example of why plastic pitches are so popular in Scotland and definitely have their place. I'm not anti-artificial pitches, I'm just anti-shiteartificial pitches which ours undoubtedly is.

Our pitch is poor this season because we are ground sharing with Queen's Park. When the Spiders go back to Hampden, it should be back to normal.

In recent years, the Firhill pitch been in great condition, much better than any of the plastic rubbish that we've played on.

20 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm beginning to come round to the idea, mainly because of the commercial benefits. The tech is improving all the time so we could probably afford a decent ane.

Looking forward to streaming this tomorrow. I hope Queens are as pish as their fans say they are. 

20 minutes ago, velo army said:

I'm beginning to come round to the idea, mainly because of the commercial benefits. The tech is improving all the time so we could probably afford a decent ane.

Looking forward to streaming this tomorrow. I hope Queens are as pish as their fans say they are. 

In the name of Jove no.Plastic is a step too far ,outside of the much documented current season we’ve fared well with grass and should keep it that way .

Edited by I Clavdivs