Raith Rovers v Hamilton Academical

49 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

That was before he was convicted of rape.

Granted, the rape occurred 3 years earlier, not sure what the state of play regarding charges was at that stage.

You don’t need to search very far to find the details as they are on public record. The survivor was awarded criminal injuries damages in 2013. Those perpetrators tried three times to buy her silence, but she wanted justice which she finally got. 

“United star Goodwillie, who denies the accusation, was investigated by police and the Crown Office dropped charges five months later but the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority awarded Ms Clair £11,000 – the highest award possible – after accepting she was raped.” November 2013.

He was charged by Police with rape in 2011, but Crown refused to take it forward blaming lack of evidence.

6 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

You don’t need to search very far to find the details as they are on public record. The survivor was awarded criminal injuries damages in 2013. Those perpetrators tried three times to buy her silence, but she wanted justice which she finally got. 

“United star Goodwillie, who denies the accusation, was investigated by police and the Crown Office dropped charges five months later but the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority awarded Ms Clair £11,000 – the highest award possible – after accepting she was raped.” November 2013.

He was charged by Police with rape in 2011, but Crown refused to take it forward blaming lack of evidence.

Fair enough.

Don't recall all this outrage when we signed him, but maybe there was.

I knew he'd played for us, just wasn't au fait with the timeline.

5 minutes ago, RexTheCommander said:

Keep dreaming as none of that is going to happen anytime soon

2 hours ago, RexTheCommander said:

Was there last night and will be there again on Saturday. 

Only hope that Goodwillie is available and in the squad.  

I think we have either found Goodwillie's P&B account either that or the account of a 14 year old because no one else can be this thick

24 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Except it isn't. In law, quiescence is not necessarily acquiescence.

For example, if a girl doesn't answer your question, it doesn't mean she's saying yes.

We're not dealing in law though, I'm not trying to prosecute the Raith Rovers team.

29 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

No, just insinuating that they are complicit because they haven't spoken out to your liking. 

12 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

No, you're just casting slurs on individuals without any basis, other than what you think they should be doing. Your wilfully biased position doesn't mean the principle is invalid.

If those players step out alongside him on to the pitch without a single peep of dissent then I would say it is self-evident that they "appear to have no issue with playing alongside him", just as the Clyde players over the last few years did not.

I haven't demanded or asked that they do anything, but I will definitely be judging them if they don't.

40 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

If those players step out alongside him on to the pitch without a single peep of dissent then I would say it is self-evident that they "appear to have no issue with playing alongside him", just as the Clyde players over the last few years did not.

I haven't demanded or asked that they do anything, but I will definitely be judging them if they don't.

Does every dissenting voice have to be made public for it to be valid? 

56 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Was looking forward to my trip up this weekend. Obviously I'll not be in attendance now as I don't want to fund the wages of a rapist.

We'll lose the game, as Raith are a much better footballing side.

If the rapist plays, I hope Popescu goes in for a knee high career ender on him.

Out of interest I wonder if there were similar comments when Clyde played Accies in 2019?

51 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Out of interest I wonder if there were similar comments when Clyde played Accies in 2019?

Betfred cup gates are split 60/40 so there would have been much less of Accies fans money going towards him than will be on Saturday.

Theres also a difference between a Betfred cup group game (basically a pre season friendly) 2 years after he signed as opposed to what could be his debut in the middle of the full shit storm.