Raith Rovers v Hamilton Academical

40 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any adult who still actively supports a club who hired a rapist, then defended a rapist, whilst calling the rape a woman "an incident", is a c**t, yes.

I don't expect children to understand because frankly it's not something they should know about, depending on their age.

This was my main issue with Goodwillie being a footballer. Children who don't know better will worship him because he'll score goals, totally unaware they're worshipping a rapist. That's why he needs out your club and that's why you can't just move on and pretend it's not happening.

I see where you’re coming from but it’s not Raith Rovers who have annoyed me. It’s the people who are currently responsible for running Raith Rovers who have annoyed me. I don’t want to hurt Raith Rovers. I want to hurt the people that made this decision.

I want Goodwillie out but I don’t want the club to go bust. Although I suppose they already have the season ticket money, so they could possibly stave off going bust until next season. We’ve already been there (club going bust) in 2005 when we had to Reclaim the Rovers. That’s why we have John Sim involved as he had the money. We have a small fanbase and we only managed to raise around £100k towards the campaign. Only 400 fans joined the Raith Trust and that was at a time where we were in real danger of going bust, so unless things have changed fan ownership won’t be happening.

I’m not sure what will happen, but hopefully it goes something like this:

- Get rid of Goodwillie

- Apologise to all concerned for this horrendous decision

- Resignations of those responsible for the signing of Goodwillie

- Review of governance of the club 

The last one, I’m not holding out much hope for. Lower league football Directors generally have that smell of failed local councillors / Rotary Club about them. 

Edited by Scary Bear

So yes, you are forcing your 14yo son to go to games and cheer when a rapist scores a goal.
Go get another hobby you can share with him m8, taking him to Raith games to celebrate Goodwillie is entirely the wrong message you want to be sending.

I think you ought to step away from the keyboard for a while.
It’s no one’s right to tell anyone what they should do in this situation. Pretty much every decent Raith supporter is conflicted just now. They want to support their team whilst they have had the player forced upon them.
Remember, Goodwillie has been playing for 5 years. Let me know when you recover the posts telling everyone they are cnuts and not to go to games prior to Monday night’s announcement?…

8 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I think you ought to step away from the keyboard for a while.
It’s no one’s right to tell anyone what they should do in this situation. Pretty much every decent Raith supporter is conflicted just now. They want to support their team whilst they have had the player forced upon them.
Remember, Goodwillie has been playing for 5 years. Let me know when you recover the posts telling everyone they are cnuts and not to go to games prior to Monday night’s announcement?…

Anyone who takes a 14yo boy to cheer a rapist needs to have a look at themselves.

Just now, DundeeUnited9999 said:

Thats out of order, have a word with yourself ffs

Why? What sort of example is that setting?

You can do whatever the f**k you want to women and get away with it if you play for a football team I like?

Was heading through to this as Kirkcaldy was one of my favourite away days. But I obviously can't give money to an establishment that turns a blind eye to behaviour like that. Will be keeping up with the game on twitter.

Feel so sorry for the decent fans amongst the support, which I know there is many, always was someone to have a chat with when through there.

Obviously I want us to win to gain more points, but with the situation, I'll be supporting anyone who plays them,  in hopes they get no rewards from this action.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Anyone who takes a 14yo boy to cheer a rapist needs to have a look at themselves.

Seriously mate get yourself right to f**k you absolute arsehole.  if you are so passionate about this why don't you come down and protest outside the ground on Saturday where a lot of us will be but make sure to wear your St Johnstone top i can introduce myself to you.

59 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Why would it be? Does him being injured magically turn back time?

No but it does help me a bit in my decision making when it comes to attending a game going forward. I didn't go last night but in hindsight if I had known he wasn't going to be in the squad I probably would have went to offer the remaining players some support. They've done heehaw wrong and just want to play football and are going through a bit of a sticky patch at the moment. 

10 minutes ago, The Stig said:

Seriously mate get yourself right to f**k you absolute arsehole.  if you are so passionate about this why don't you come down and protest outside the ground on Saturday where a lot of us will be but make sure to wear your St Johnstone top i can introduce myself to you.

Or maybe instead of threatening violence you could take a second to think why I might have such issues with rape and want young children to be educated about it, rather than given the  impression its fine as long you're good at something.

But nah, you just threaten violence and make me out as some villain because I think Goodwillie and anyone who supports or helps justify the decision to sign him are scum. Have a great time with that m8, I'll leave you all now to pretend it hasn't happened so you can all justify the act of refusing to give up a hobby instead of just staying away in support of rape victims.

Edited by RandomGuy.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Or maybe instead of threatening violence you could take a second to think why I might have such issues with rape and want young children to be educated about it, rather than given the  impression its fine as long you're good at something.

But nah, you just threaten violence and make me out as some villain because I think Goodwillie and anyone who supports or helps justify the decision to sign him are scum. Have a great time with that m8, I'll leave you all now to pretend it hasn't happened so you can all justify the act of refusing to give up a hobby in support of rape victims.

I never threatened violence I don't know how you came to that conclusion, I said that there will be a protest outside of the ground and since you feel so strongly about this matter you should come along and join in.  Wear your St Johnstone top so they know it is the whole of Scottish football is against this.  I would introduce myself to you just to find out your take on the matter in person and not over a message board.

Edited by The Stig

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

But nah, you just threaten violence and make me out as some villain because I think Goodwillie and anyone who supports or helps justify the decision to sign him are scum. Have a great time with that m8, I'll leave you all now to pretend it hasn't happened so you can all justify the act of refusing to give up a hobby instead of just staying away in support of rape victims.

Luckily for you St Johnstone didn't sign Goodwillie last season prior to winning 2 cups, thus not putting you in the invidious position of giving up your hobby or watching your team with a rapist in it win an unprecedented  2 trophies.

Would you have stopped supporting your team under those circumstances? Not renewing season tickets or no longer paying at the gate for the remaining home games, or withdrawing sponsorship whether club, match, football, player could kill Raith Rovers (although as stated this season's season ticket money should/could see them through to the end of this season).

While I would hope the Dons wouldn't sign a Goodwillie or similar, it's a real dilemma for the fans of a club that does.

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Why are you so determined for people not to talk about the rapist your club have signed, the board and management team who sanctioned it, and the players who appear to have no issue with playing alongside him?

Are you working on the assumption that the players appear to have no issue with this signing because they haven't gone public with their grievances? 

Are you working on the assumption that the players appear to have no issue with this signing because they haven't gone public with their grievances? 

Yes. At the very least I would have expected an off the record leak to a journalist who could then say "sources within the club say that...". As it stands, we have zero evidence that a single male Rovers player is even slightly bothered by this. That is a dreadful lack of leadership.

10 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

But your club did sign him. 

That was before he was convicted of rape.

Granted, the rape occurred 3 years earlier, not sure what the state of play regarding charges was at that stage.

Yes. At the very least I would have expected an off the record leak to a journalist who could then say "sources within the club say that...". As it stands, we have zero evidence that a single male Rovers player is even slightly bothered by this. That is a dreadful lack of leadership.
That's quite a leap. We also have zero evidence they're NOT bothered by it. Only conclusion jumping in either direction.

47 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I've always been under the impression that paragraphs starting with, "Sources within the club say that..." aren't actually from a source at the club but are an easy way for journalists to appear as though they have an exclusive when they've just made stuff up?

Just because we haven't heard anything from the players doesn't mean that they aren't pissed off.

They may well be under strict instructions not to talk about the whole fiasco.