Raith Rovers v Hamilton Academical

12 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Lang in for Musonda, Berra (if fit) in for Benedictus, Poplatnik in for Gullan.

Hopefully Goodwillie is still unavailable so we can kick that particular can further down the road.

McGlynn post match interview says Berra is unlikely to make the Celtic game, so he won’t be available.

Can you see Goodwillie playing for us?

Will the club decide ‘ah well, the damage is done, we’ve made the bed and now we’ll have to lay in it’ or will they get rid?

Let’s just try to focus on that

Why are you so determined for people not to talk about the rapist your club have signed, the board and management team who sanctioned it, and the players who appear to have no issue with playing alongside him?

Have you also decided to lump the fans into this equation?? Or would you rather we terminate our tenure as a club within the Scottish Football League??
Not at all, the fans have been put in a dreadful position by the signing. You can't say that we should all just talk about the football, though, when it will just result in exactly what the club want: the situation to become a wee b-story to Raith's matches similar to when a player goes back to their old club.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

Just the football please.

with the doom and gloom surrounding the club, let’s try to focus on what matters. The players need to brave this storm. Safety is more important than pushing for promotion, I think it’s way beyond us now. 

Signing a rapist doesn't matter?

5 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Have you also decided to lump the fans into this equation?? Or would you rather we terminate our tenure as a club within the Scottish Football League??

It is an interesting question. I'm used to the fans of main team I support singing about nobody liking us and not caring about it, (not a view I share) but I never thought I'd hear the same in as many words from the board of my second favourite team. 

Does anyone have a handle on how much cash this disgraceful signing cost the club in lost sponsorship (so far)?  After all, the amount of sponsorship, hospitality and other fundraising cash for this season and the next is CLEARLY relevant to the future success of the team. (Which is why the DG signing IS legitimately relevant to a "keep it to football" discussion.)

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Why are you so determined for people not to talk about the rapist your club have signed, the board and management team who sanctioned it, and the players who appear to have no issue with playing alongside him?

Because I just do t want this situation to further ruin my club’s reputation  any further than it has already. Hopefully this beast never kicks a ball for my club. 

2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Because I just do t want this situation to further ruin my club’s reputation  any further than it has already. Hopefully this beast never kicks a ball for my club. 

At the moment, there’s no reputation left to ruin. 

3 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Signing a rapist doesn't matter?

It does matter, theirs more than one player signed by Raith Rovers. They’ve all been affected. The club I’ve supported all my life could be ruined by next season. We might not have a club to support with the way things are anyway.

It does matter, theirs more than one player signed by Raith Rovers. They’ve all been affected. The club I’ve supported all my life could be ruined by next season. We might not have a club to support with the way things are anyway.
That's a legitimate concern and one that should be taken up with the clowns responsible for this shambles, not those who rightly criticise it.

Just now, accies1874 said:
2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

That's a legitimate concern and one that should be taken up with the clowns responsible for this shambles, not those who rightly criticise it.

Every single Raith Rovers fan has been affected, and some of us are still a little emotionally charged including me. 

I promise I’m not trying to deflect away from the problems we now face. David Goodwillie is not welcome at Raith Rovers Football Club. Those in charge must walk away NOW!! Mr Sim must now put the club up for sale. I feel sorry for the players that have families, mortgages and all sorts. Whilst having to train for the game on Saturday will wonder if they’ll be paid. 

Anyone got any idea if the contract would have a 'cooling off period' of sorts?

Usually exist in many employment contracts where either party can decide to rescind an offer made to an employee.

Board need to seriously consider this as an option because the reputational damage to the business is potentially catastrophic.

20 minutes ago, GreenockRover said:

Anyone got any idea if the contract would have a 'cooling off period' of sorts?

Usually exist in many employment contracts where either party can decide to rescind an offer made to an employee.

Board need to seriously consider this as an option because the reputational damage to the business is potentially catastrophic.

You're having a laugh, aren't you?

RR have used their greater financial strength to enter into an agreement with another party to acquire the services of contracted employee, for an agreed but undisclosed sum. Goodwillie has a contract with RR and NO contact with any other club.

The initial enquiry, I believe, was raised in December.  The discussion then went quiet.  That was the cooling off period. There was little doubt about how strong influencers around the club and regular fans felt.

The time to cancel the order for fitted carpets is long before you feel the Axminster under your bathies.  The problem is now exclusively Raith's. 

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Just the football please.

f**k off.

You're exactly the type of c**t who the board are relying on to try and force people to move on and just accept your scummy fucking club has hired a rapist.

Thankfully you'll never have another match thread on this site without it being brought to attention.

2 minutes ago, Bully Wee Clyde FC said:

You're having a laugh, aren't you?

RR have used their greater financial strength to enter into an agreement with another party to acquire the services of contracted employee, for an agreed but undisclosed sum. Goodwillie has a contract with RR and NO contact with any other club.

The initial enquiry, I believe, was raised in December.  The discussion then went quiet.  That was the cooling off period. There was little doubt about how strong influencers around the club and regular fans felt.

The time to cancel the order for fitted carpets is long before you feel the Axminster under your bathies.  The problem is now exclusively Raith's. 

Seems to me you're the one laughing and I can see why tbh.

Employment law, commercial law and contract law are seperate entities and, to your undoubted relief, I haven't suggested he go back to Clyde FC should any part of the contract contain a clause where either party could anul the agreement.

It's more common than you'd believe but may indeed be absent in this case and the whole sorry saga will hound our club for his entire contract period.

Sad days indeed. 

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

f**k off.

You're exactly the type of c**t who the board are relying on to try and force people to move on and just accept your scummy fucking club has hired a rapist.

Thankfully you'll never have another match thread on this site without it being brought to attention.

That’s out of order. The guy wants to use this thread to discuss the actual match. There’s plenty other platforms to discuss the rapist. It’s certainly not his fault the club has taken the action it has.