Raith Rovers v Hamilton Academical

Meant to post this in here, rather than the club thread. 

Better side overall. Moyo missed an absolute sitter from a header after we gifted them a corner, it was one of those ones where, if he scores, you’d say, “he couldn’t miss”, but he put it wide from 3 or 4 yards. We’ve had the better of the play and Ethan Ross visibly grew in confidence as the half continued, creating 2 or 3 chances himself, one where he pulled back to Connolly which was cleared off the line, after receiving a raking 60 yard pass from Musonda. 

Lang’s injury looked a bad one. Pulled up initially but played on but he was never going to be right and eventually totally buckled when going for the ball near the half way line. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if he is out for a long time. 

McGlynn received a mixed but mostly warm welcome I’d say, some dissenting voices but more positive than negative. 

•  

Just now, Michael W said:

8 games without a win. 

Even if we hadn't signed a rapist, thus is the point fans start to get pretty grumpy with the management. 

Celtic away up next. If I was betting, it’ll be 9 games without a win.

The official attendance is listed as 1,196 on the BBC Website which is around 400 down on the corresponding fixture earlier in the season and marginally more than was there on Tuesday night. I'd guess there wasn't many Hamilton fans at the game and the weather probably didn't help so its probably around what would be expected considering everything that has gone on this week.

6 minutes ago, mrpaddyx said:

The official attendance is listed as 1,196 on the BBC Website which is around 400 down on the corresponding fixture earlier in the season and marginally more than was there on Tuesday night. I'd guess there wasn't many Hamilton fans at the game and the weather probably didn't help so its probably around what would be expected considering everything that has gone on this week.

Yeah if your factor in the weather, our crap form and the Scotland v England rugby I would guess we're about 200 fans down. 

1 hour ago, Ding Dang Doo said:

McGlynn has 3 strikers, all of whom he signed, and lots of attacking midfielders, all of whom he signed, so he can get to f**k when he moans about not having a goalscorer. This is his team and he should accept the blame for our utter collapse this season.

McGlynn is to blame for nothing, it's because of him that your expecations are so high - if it wasn't for him we'd be where Falkirk are right now.

We were decent enough. Probably the most direct we've been under Taylor and despite that not really resulting in chances, it led to corners which were our best path to goal. Kennedy and MacDonald were excellent down the left and Hamilton's doing more with the ball from RB even if he's still getting rinsed every game. He actually reminds me of how Aaron Hickey plays with the ball (more as a linking full-back who evades pressure well) but he needs to get so much better 1 v 1 defensively.

The midfield was so weird today - just massive gaps appearing and I had no idea who was meant to be plugging them. I said this last week but the CBs have to do a lot of heavy lifting. We seemed to lose out on every second ball too.

Other than Dunfermline, we've been decent in every game in 2022 and should've beaten Raith and Ayr which is either encouraging or worrying depending on your mindset. I'm going with reassuring but it's not great that our best chances fall to Popescu.

42 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

McGlynn is to blame for nothing, it's because of him that your expecations are so high - if it wasn't for him we'd be where Falkirk are right now.

So you think 5 points from 24 is good management on top if this current fiasco is defendable thats up to your opinion, certainly isnt mine, and anyway that was then in a different league that only saw us up by good furtune , hell whos to say that if that league had run its course we'd not still be in it

A phrase I usually hate, but really was two pish teams out there today. Ethan Ross had a wee flurry before half time then we went into hiding. Our second half was woeful and Hamilton had the better of it. A bit of a late flurry from us with a couple of half chances but never really looked like scoring. Everything was ponderous and too slow, especially Liam Dick. Thank god we got all those points early on or we’d be worrying about relegation.