Raith Rovers v Hamilton Academical

5 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

That’s out of order. The guy wants to use this thread to discuss the actual match. There’s plenty other platforms to discuss the rapist. It’s certainly not his fault the club has taken the action it has. 

I'm afraid that asking people to just ignore it and move on is the last thing that should be happening.

If he wants to "just talk about the football" then he should probably hound the club as much as possible to remove a rapist from their ranks or find another club to support. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'm afraid that asking people to just ignore it and move on is the last thing that should be happening.

If he wants to "just talk about the football" then he should probably hound the club as much as possible to remove a rapist from their ranks or find another club to support. 

No one’s saying it should be ignored. There’s about 100 pages on the Raith thread about it, why not use that one to condemn the clubs actions? I’m pretty sure the Hamilton fans would rather use this thread to discuss the game too. 

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Have you been hanging about the Clyde threads for the past 5 years, or have you only recently decided to get involved?

10 minutes ago, Jilted John said:

No one’s saying it should be ignored. There’s about 100 pages on the Raith thread about it, why not use that one to condemn the clubs actions? 

Want to point me to that thread?

Trying to ignore its a thing and move on is the wrong approach and exactly what the Raith board want.

8 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Have you been hanging about the Clyde threads for the past 5 years, or have you only recently decided to get involved?

I did for years, but then frankly got distracted by other things, as I suspect most people did. Clearly Raith are hoping the same thing happens here, which it probably will tbh, especially as some Raith fans are already trying to make people move on.

A shame but that's football for you. Too many people think showing blind loyalty to a club actually means something.

13 minutes ago, The Stig said:

Get yourself to f**k mate, it is one thing having a go at the club for this decision but calling out other posters as c***s should not be on, especially a poster who made his feelings know on this saga.

The people who "try to move the conversation along" are doing more damage than they realise, whether it's intentional or not.

The longer this remains the main subject around Raith the better the chance you have of getting Goodwillie to f**k.

It's clear some fans are already circling the wagons though as they get all "tribal" about their club.

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

The people who "try to move the conversation along" are doing more damage than they realise, whether it's intentional or not.

The longer this remains the main subject around Raith the better the chance you have of getting Goodwillie to f**k.

It's clear some fans are already circling the wagons though as they get all "tribal" about their club.

So it's ok to go around and call other posters c***s on this board just because of the team they support.  Ballieinleeds was one of the first posters I saw that condemned this decision.   

I decided not to go last night to the game however my son was no happy in missing the game, we discussed everything that has happened and he know the severity of the case against Goodwillie however he just wanted to show his support to the other 10 or 11 players on the park. 

Is my son a c**t because he wants to support his team? 

20 minutes ago, The Stig said:

So it's ok to go around and call other posters c***s on this board just because of the team they support.  Ballieinleeds was one of the first posters I saw that condemned this decision.   

I decided not to go last night to the game however my son was no happy in missing the game, we discussed everything that has happened and he know the severity of the case against Goodwillie however he just wanted to show his support to the other 10 or 11 players on the park. 

Is my son a c**t because he wants to support his team? 

Any adult who still actively supports a club who hired a rapist, then defended a rapist, whilst calling the rape of a woman "an incident", is a c**t, yes.

I don't expect children to understand because frankly it's not something they should know about, depending on their age.

This was my main issue with Goodwillie being a footballer. Children who don't know better will worship him because he'll score goals, totally unaware they're worshipping a rapist. That's why he needs out your club and that's why you can't just move on and pretend it's not happening.

Edited by RandomGuy.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any adult who still actively supports a club who hired a rapist, then defended a rapist, whilst calling the rape a woman "an incident", is a c**t, yes.

I don't expect children to understand because frankly it's not something they should know about, depending on their age.

This was my main issue with Goodwillie being a footballer. Children who don't know better will worship him because he'll score goals, totally unaware they're worshipping a rapist. That's why he needs out your club and that's why you can't just move on and pretend it's not happening.

Is going to the games when he's not in the squad allowed?

Just now, Raithie said:

Why would it be? Does him being injured magically turn back time?

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any adult who still actively supports a club who hired a rapist, then defended a rapist, whilst calling the rape a woman "an incident", is a c**t, yes.

My son, whilst still a child, is old enough to know exactly what Goodwillie is accused of and how monumentally stupid the decision to sign him was however the Rovers has been his team for the last 6 years.

So I will ask again, since he is fully aware of the situation is he now a c**t in you morally superior mind, soley because he supports Raith Rovers??

5 minutes ago, The Stig said:

My son, whilst still a child, is old enough to know exactly what Goodwillie is accused of and how monumentally stupid the decision to sign him was however the Rovers has been his team for the last 6 years.

So I will ask again, since he is fully aware of the situation is he now a c**t in you morally superior mind, soley because he supports Raith Rovers??

What age is he?

I get the impression he's being hounded to still go to Raith games by his auld da who "thinks this is all a big fuss over nothing", judging by your posts, tbh.

25 minutes ago, Raithie said:

😂. Seriously, None of us should be making moral judgements, particularly us fans of other clubs.Do what you think is right is my advice to my Raith pals. Show your displeasure, in  the way you think best. The club was here long before these idiot custodians arrived, and guess what will be there long after they leave.!No doubt the club has gone backwards which is so weird when you could almost taste further success at the club. The danger of raw ambition…!!!!But its your club not theirs.

Edited by Its not only a game

1 minute ago, Its not only a game said:

😂. Seriously, None of us should be making moral judgements. Do what you think is right is my advice to my Raith pals. Show your displeasure, in  the way you think best. The club was here long before these idiot custodians arrived, and guess what will be there long after they leave.!No doubt the club has gone backwards which is so weird when you could almost taste further success at the club. The danger of raw ambition…!!!!But its your club not theirs.

Brilliantly summed up

4 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

What age is he?

I get the impression he's being hounded to still go to Raith games by his auld da who "thinks this is all a big fuss over nothing", judging by your posts, tbh.

Not that it is f**k all of your business but he is 14, and were did I say that "this is all a big fuss over nothing" for the last 2 days it has felt like I have been punched in the guts and I seriously questioned giving it up.  however the fondest memories I have are going to the Rovers with my Dad and I want to create those same memories with my son. 

so please take your sanctimonious shite and f**k right off and once you've fucked off as far as you can go, f**k off some more

1 minute ago, The Stig said:

however the fondest memories I have are going to the Rovers with my Dad and I want to create those same memories with my son. 

So yes, you are forcing your 14yo son to go to games and cheer when a rapist scores a goal.

Go get another hobby you can share with him m8, taking him to Raith games to celebrate Goodwillie is entirely the wrong message you want to be sending.

28 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Any adult who still actively supports a club who hired a rapist, then defended a rapist, whilst calling the rape of a woman "an incident", is a c**t, yes.

Tell you what since you’re so perturbed by me and my support for the players at my club, and call me a c**t for absolutely no fuckin reason. Why don’t you email the SPFL and have Raith Rovers football club kicked out of the league. The horror that this club us still here must be a vision of absolute disgust. The fans of this team don’t want this b*****d in the first place

or better still have the mods remove me from Pie and Bovril. 

1 hour ago, Blootoon87 said:

Paying him off doesn't exactly solve the problem either. Yes, Goodwillie would be out of your club, but you'll have had to pay a rapist two and a half years wages for f**k all. Not a good look.

No if course not.

But that's the price of this particular shit decision in reality and gives people a way back.

If they choose to of course.