Shite Things About Modern Gaming

NorthernLights

Aye, folk have been pining for physical packaging since vinyl started to die they were left with tiny wee inlays for cassettes and CDs. Sounds like hyperbole, but it used to be like getting a cool (or ugly) piece of art with your album/computer game.

I don't know if film fans really miss packaging as much. Most people would probably be fine with streaming all their films if there was a service that permanently had absolutely all of their old Blu-Rays/DVD/VHS tapes/8mm snuff flicks. VHS cases were ugly as f**k anyway.

4 hours ago, BFTD said:

Aye, folk have been pining for physical packaging since vinyl started to die they were left with tiny wee inlays for cassettes and CDs. Sounds like hyperbole, but it used to be like getting a cool (or ugly) piece of art with your album/computer game.

I don't know if film fans really miss packaging as much. Most people would probably be fine with streaming all their films if there was a service that permanently had absolutely all of their old Blu-Rays/DVD/VHS tapes/8mm snuff flicks. VHS cases were ugly as f**k anyway.

I do.  I collect the 4K Steelbook editions of films I loved.  Some of the art on the steelbooks are really cool, plus you get collectors cards and pin badges too.

DSC05976.JPG.1404b67909d7b4c4be505b2179b

I definitely prefer having physical copies of films I like, although streaming's made it easier to discover new things (charity shops can still be helpful though).

Warzone.  My auld Da never plays it.  He’s in his 70’s.  Loves a bit of cod single player on easy.  Yet everything Warzone gets updated he’s to download 100g of shite for a game he’ll never play.

Edited by Lofarl

• 1 month later...

Just been playing Halo MCC on PC.  So far I've played Reach and working my way through CE. However the MCC contains Reach, CE, 2, 3, 3:ODST and 4 and recently Halo Infinite was released on PC but the thing is there seems to be no plans to release 5 on PC.

I'm sure there are other examples of a series of games being almost fully released on a platform apart from certain title(s). It just seems a bit daft to not include 5 when everything else is now on PC.