St Mirren v Motherwell 1/2/22

47 minutes ago, Norrie82 said:

Alexander doesn’t come across well at times. Quite a shame as I liked him as a player. 

He really does come across like an arrogant and petulant twat at times. Maybe he should calm his jets before doing post match interviews or send his number two out.

13 hours ago, Swello said:

It was a really bad tackle from Tait and all things being equal, should result in a ban - but given it's really out of character for him and happened in a low key game, I tend to agree.

I dunno, due to the handbags the referee failed to issue even a yellow which highlights both a) his incompetence and b) his ability to have his mind taken off what should have been his primary reaction.

Lets not ignore it happened right in front of a linesman who said nowt.

4 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

I dunno, due to the handbags the referee failed to issue even a yellow which highlights both a) his incompetence and b) his ability to have his mind taken off what should have been his primary reaction.

Throw in to St Mirren?

9 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

He really does come across like an arrogant and petulant twat at times. Maybe he should calm his jets before doing post match interviews or send his number two out.

To be honest we are getting used to it. I think most of us accept it is to boost the players self esteem. For the Morton game he said Donnelly was excellent when in fact he was rather poor right up until he scored a fantastic winner. 

What I would say is that it was not that long ago Goodwin was bemoaning referee decisions despite getting gifted non existent penalties v us or perfectly well saved penalties being re-taken. Add to that red card that should have been handed out to Tait. We have also benefitted from the odd dodgy decision but it has been consistent that the biddies usually get one game affecting decision every time they play us 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, welldaft said:

To be honest we are getting used to it. I think most of us accept it is to boost the players self esteem. For the Morton game he said Donnelly was excellent when in fact he was rather poor right up until he scored a fantastic winner. 

What I would say is that it was not that long ago Goodwin was bemoaning referee decisions despite getting gifted non existent penalties v us or perfectly well saved penalties being re-taken. Add to that red card that should have been handed out to Tait. We have also benefitted from the odd dodgy decision but it has been consistent that the biddies usually get one game affecting decision every time they play us 🤷‍♂️

Fair comment. Goodwin’s post-match comments this week must have been OK with you though. He just came straight out and said both teams were poor, it was a poor game, a draw was the right result, and if we’d won, it would have been robbery. For once, a manager who nailed it?

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Fair comment. Goodwin’s post-match comments this week must have been OK with you though. He just came straight out and said both teams were poor, it was a poor game, a draw was the right result, and if we’d won, it would have been robbery. For once, a manager who nailed it?

No he was perfectly fine this week. In general he is. Just a couple of times I was in disbelief when bemoaning ref decisions shortly after being gifted a couple v Us. I also get it is the ref that makes these bad decisions and rarely does any Manager going to highlight them when they fall in their favour. 

6 hours ago, Kapowzer said:

The west stand linesman got so many calls wrong, he was struggling to keep up with play all night. The one with Tait happened directly in front of him. He also failed 3 times to see Well players in clear off side positions.

1 hour ago, glenburn bud said:

The west stand linesman got so many calls wrong, he was struggling to keep up with play all night. The one with Tait happened directly in front of him. He also failed 3 times to see Well players in clear off side positions.

Yep - he had a general nightmare. There were a few occasions where he just didn't know on routine throw decisions what to do and waited for the ref to decide. 

12 hours ago, Norrie82 said:

Alexander doesn’t come across well at times. Quite a shame as I liked him as a player. 

I've listened to a few longer podcasts with him and think he comes across very well and I really like listening to him, but I get what you mean, I don't think he always gives the best version of himself in the heat of the moment.

On 02/02/2022 at 09:56, NorthBank said:

Brophy is the only decent striker we have and him going off was a problem but the bigger problem was Jim. JJ states before the game that it would take him a few weeks to get up to fitness yet Jim starts him when he clearly wasn't fit and match sharp. Brophy goes off injured and we have another striker on the bench so what does Jim do? Aye, puts a midfielder on and shuffles players about - Kiltie goes to striker, Ronan goes to left of the three; JJ behind Kiltie. So one player going off requires a major reshuffle (Kiltie ended up playing in 3 positions last night).

And we had resorted to the long ball tactics to a midget forward line from the start when we thought that nonsense had been binned. Yea some may blame Tait but Jim had a bigger influence on the shambles.

Respectfully, I disagree bud.

If Tait doesn't f**k about at our corner flag with 10 seconds left on the clock we win the game, regardless of how we played up until then.

Motherwell pressed the shit out of us and we couldn't find the passes required to break through that. Didn't help when Ronan has his worst game for us but he improved when Flynn came on, that changed the game in our favour.

Erwin didn’t look interested at all.

No he was perfectly fine this week. In general he is. Just a couple of times I was in disbelief when bemoaning ref decisions shortly after being gifted a couple v Us. I also get it is the ref that makes these bad decisions and rarely does any Manager going to highlight them when they fall in their favour. 
There weren't really any major games changing refereeing decisions for the managers to moan about, if you're going to include the Tait challenge then they would have needed video replays to even be aware of it. Alexander tens to be heavily biased in his post-match interviews and I've certainly heard Goodwin go a bit that way as well so was a bit surprised by his very honest appraisal. If anything, I thought he went a bit the other way for a change.

19 minutes ago, crazylegsjoe_mfc said:

I've listened to a few longer podcasts with him and think he comes across very well and I really like listening to him, but I get what you mean, I don't think he always gives the best version of himself in the heat of the moment.

He made OpenGoal listenable, which is very impressive.

14 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

If Tait doesn't f**k about at our corner flag with 10 seconds left on the clock we win the game, regardless of how we played up until then.

Motherwell pressed the shit out of us and we couldn't find the passes required to break through that. Didn't help when Ronan has his worst game for us but he improved when Flynn came on, that changed the game in our favour.

As I said in an another post. Erwin gives you about 50% effort and application and clearly isn’t in the least bit interested. He knocked back a loan deal to Partick and left the club with no other option than allowing Dennis to move on to Carlisle.

If both had moved on then we’d have another striker on board. As it stands I’d play Main in front of Erwin at least he gives you 100% effort to go along with no end product.

Big shout to heap pressure on the virtually untried Greive. 

At least he shows promise and looks like he could do well when he gets more game time.

15 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

And you are entitled to disagree Bud. 'For every opinion there is another opinion' - al Jazeera.

Yes Tait screwed up big style however I felt JJ was nowhere near ready to start and Erwin should have come on as a straight replacement for Brophy without moving other players around to cater for another midfielder although Gogic did play well. But onwards to Easter Road.

4 hours ago, Archie McSquackle said:
6 hours ago, welldaft said:

There weren't really any major games changing refereeing decisions for the managers to moan about, if you're going to include the Tait challenge then they would have needed video replays to even be aware of it. Alexander tens to be heavily biased in his post-match interviews and I've certainly heard Goodwin go a bit that way as well so was a bit surprised by his very honest appraisal. If anything, I thought he went a bit the other way for a change.

At the game I thought the handbags was because Donnelly and Tait were debating the throw in.  

I was wrong.

20 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

Is there a more despised manager in Scottish football than Motherwell?