St Mirren v Motherwell 1/2/22

A draw is probably a fair result overall. Such a sloppy game with neither team really showing any quality at any point. I thought we shaded the first half but St Mirren certainly had the better chances in the 2nd half with Kelly pulling off a couple of great saves.
Tait lucky to stay in the park but maybe for the best he did after his involvement in the equaliser which was a great finish from Tierney. Mugabi up front was great fun.

FT 1-1
Draw about right really. Always gutting to lose a last minute equaliser though.
Looked like we were going to see it out but someone was trying to be too clever in the corner and trying to play it out instead of clearing it. Gave it away and that’s a draw. Not a bad point really but still frustrating.
Thought Gogic was our best player. Took his goal well and was an attacking threat throughout, which I wasn’t expecting. Think he’ll be a good signing.
Ugly scenes at the equaliser at the end with both fans on the pitch and some punches being thrown. Suspect we will get a hefty fine for that.

The number of passes we play that are lumped high and bouncing to hip height on arrival, goodness me.

An absolute slog of a game and good to know that Alex Gogic can once again haunt my dreams after a quiet couple of years on Hibs' bench.

That was a sickener and a rare late goal let in under Goodwin, someone please let me know who fucked up for the goal so I can be annoyed at the right person.

I thought Kiltie, Shaughnessy and Gogic were all really good tonight. Flynn had his best cameo in ages and Dunne second half was the best I’ve seen him, very solid. Erwin was worse than I remembered which is saying something, letting Dennis go could haunt us if Brophy is out.

I love watching Mugabi, a nightmare to play against even when he’s up front apparently.

3 minutes ago, Gareth_Glasgow said:

That was a sickener and a rare late goal let in under Goodwin, someone please let me know who fucked up for the goal so I can be annoyed at the right person.

I thought Kiltie, Shaughnessy and Gogic were all really good tonight. Flynn had his best cameo in ages and Dunne second half was the best I’ve seen him, very solid. Erwin was worse than I remembered which is saying something, letting Dennis go could haunt us if Brophy is out.

I love watching Mugabi, a nightmare to play against even when he’s up front apparently.

It was Tait. Pure fannying about.

10 minutes ago, capt_oats said:

Was one a concussion sub?

If not...

Screen-Shot-2017-02-15-at-223335.png

I don't think so, I genuinely haven't a clue what the rules are these days though. 5 subs 3 stoppages I thought it was, unless it's a concussion sub. 

Naturally we should be awarded the three points. *clutches at straws*

Edit - burrows has clarified that because Liam Shaw was a concussion sub they get another.

Point a piece it is.

Edited by Neil86

6 minutes ago, Captain Saintsible said:

Motherwell celebrated like they’d won the World Cup

embarrassing 

Every last minute goal should be celebrated like a world cup win. 

Regards the game, draw absolutely the fair result, but what a way to shoot yourself in the foot. f**k sake. 

15 minutes ago, Saint Shug said:

Let’s all just forget that game even happened. Take the point apiece and move on. Both teams rotten all night. 

I thought I'd opened the Motherwell v Hibs thread for second there.

This is like a repeat of the abandoned season when we were third and utterly terrible, but the teams behind us couldn't buy a win either.

Erwin looked utterly disinterested and it's no wonder Goodwin was reluctant to put him on, surely there's a youngster at the club who can take his place on the bench and we can just let Erwin sit at home and run his contract down.

Draw definitely the right result, though really poor way to lose the equaliser. Not sure the Motherwell defence exactly covered themselves in glory at our goal either. The passing from both teams was about as bad as I've seen this season.

Mugabe motm. He wasn't particularly good, but he was by far the most entertaining to watch, so that swings it.

2 minutes ago, thomas said:

Erwin looked utterly disinterested and it's no wonder Goodwin was reluctant to put him on, surely there's a youngster at the club who can take his place on the bench and we can just let Erwin sit at home and run his contract down.

He just isn't very good. 

We need to sign a free agent if Brophy is going to be out for while. 

The draw was just about fair, although i thought Motherwell shaded it.