Livingston vs St Johnstone - 1 February 2022

I’m glad I wasn’t the only one absolutely furious at Crawford before he scored. I pressed send on an extremely abusive tweet about him just as the ball broke to his feet 🤣

We still have a lot of work to do but I think we just about deserved that tonight. Early part of the second half was too passive but we were on top when we got the goal. Huge game on Saturday now.

Dip in the middle a concern, and still worried about the managers changes, but fucking hell what a result that is.

New guys all impressed. Cleary is ropey at the back but adds going forward so it's a trade off worth taking. Hallberg is sensational. Hendry is the striker he long promised to be. Genuinely excited to see the other signings bed in if they're going to have the same impact.

Can't believe we've lost that with Forrest going close twice and Devlin hitting the post in that second half. Lucky break off the defender for the winner. Thought both yellows for Nouble were soft, too. I'd be lapping it up as an away fan.

Edited by crispy

Brilliant win.  Our whole tempo and energy seemed much higher than the past couple of months, apart from the middle spell.

Cleary looks slow defensively but brings a lot going forward. Still looks more solid than when we were chopping and changing that position so often before Xmas. Hallberg brings a touch of class on the ball we have missed so much.

Middleton will hopefully get a lot of confidence back after that piece of brilliance, could be like a new signing.

Thought McCart was really good defensively.

But take a bow Callum Hendry, MOTM for me.  A great all round centre forward performance. When he puts his mind to it he’s got a great all round game.  Needs to deliver consistently now, thats the challenge.

While there were still plenty of errors, that was better than it has been and another step in the right direction after the Dundee game.

Good at start and end, but the middle third of the game was concerning. Well taken goal, but that aside Crawford was awful.

If we can play not brilliantly and win games, that would do me.

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If Nouble didnt want sent off then he should simply have avoided leading into every tackle with his elbows.

I think he was unfortunate in both cases. If i remember rightly he's in front of each player both times and has his arm out to stop them coming forward. I don't think the first is helped by the fact that the Saints player is leaning back and, with Nouble being so tall, his elbow is about shoulder/neck height :D I'm happy to be corrected but isn't his hand just on Hendry's shoulder for the second?

Edited by crispy