Livingston vs St Johnstone - 1 February 2022

Livi going after a win that would probably see them totally safe and pushing on for top 6. Saints going for a win, well just to win a game this season!

One thing is for sure, Alan Forrest is scoring in this game. Which given we cant score means we dont win.

We performed well on Saturday which generally means we put in a unusually poor performance on the Tuesday.

That aside I really cant get St. Johnstone; last season they really had out number; two cup wins and pushed us aside at the end of the season. As poor as they may be this season I'm loathed to write them off just yet. 

No doubt Martindale will tinker with the team that was so effective during the second half on Saturday to rest some players etc. etc. Am also hoping we don't suddenly lose any players tonight before the window closes but, at the end of the day, we are a selling club and certainly cant afford to disregard any reasonable offer - perhaps...

DM changed formation several times against Hibs, the Nouble & Forrest front 2 looked cracking, bursting to see Anderson up front with Nouble too though, or a front three of Nouble/Forrest-Anderson-Bailey/Forrest-Anderson/Nouble-Bailey,  great having attacking headaches for a change.

New signing Soto is meant to be available for this game too, so another attacking front player for a 2nd half substition, along with big Chuck, up to our ears in attacking players.

Same result as our last game would be lovely, mon the Lions.

Nouble seemed to pick up a knock on Saturday but, Like Liviforever I was keen to see Anderson and Nouble but then the question is who do you drop?

The formation may have changed on Saturday but the most effective was when Montano came on for Longridge. The latter was totally off the pace on Saturday and repeatedly was too far advanced when Hibs attacked down that wing.

The midfield trio were truly fantastic.

I can't imagine many changes from Saturday. Longridge out for Penrice/Montano but other than that I suspect everyone else keeps their spot. Soto on the bench could be a fun watch.

Saints signings could make all of the difference, I have no idea. 1-0 Livi

I'm not sure either Sebastian Soto or Ivan Konovalov have received clearance yet although, having already been registered with a UK club, you would hope Soto's would be through pretty soon. 

That being said; I saw an article where Davie ( I think) suggested he wasn't fully fit at the moment and would take time to adjust to the Scottish game.

EDIT - correction; it looks like he could be available but is recovering from Covid:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-boss-admits-new-recruit-26068717

1 hour ago, Durnford said:

I'm not sure either Sebastian Soto or Ivan Konovalov have received clearance yet although, having already been registered with a UK club, you would hope Soto's would be through pretty soon. 

That being said; I saw an article where Davie ( I think) suggested he wasn't fully fit at the moment and would take time to adjust to the Scottish game.

EDIT - correction; it looks like he could be available but is recovering from Covid:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/livingston-boss-admits-new-recruit-26068717

Yeah same as Nouble the previous week against County, testing positive for Covid, reckoned he'd be ok for this game though.

Hoping Nouble is ok after taking a wee knock, we'd still be very decent with Forrest-Anderson-Bailey, but Nouble also gave us our first assist from a throw in goal in a couple of seasons (i think), not since Gallagher left have we had a decent target man to get a flick on, think Marv tried but wasn't as affective at it. We'd pretty much given up trying long throw ins into the box.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Yeah same as Nouble the previous week against County, testing positive for Covid, reckoned he'd be ok for this game though.

Hoping Nouble is ok after taking a wee knock, we'd still be very decent with Forrest-Anderson-Bailey, but Nouble also gave us our first assist from a throw in goal in a couple of seasons (i think), not since Gallagher left have we had a decent target man to get a flick on, think Marv tried but wasn't as affective at it. We'd pretty much given up trying long throw ins into the box.

We've tried it with Ayo a few times to no success. Tbh I think it's something that teams are now aware of and stop us from doing, but Hibs were just shite and didn't bother. It's a common sight to see our target man at the front post sandwiched between two defenders

1 hour ago, thruthenight said:

We've tried it with Ayo a few times to no success. Tbh I think it's something that teams are now aware of and stop us from doing, but Hibs were just shite and didn't bother. It's a common sight to see our target man at the front post sandwiched between two defenders

They knew all about it with Dec too and had 2 men on him, but he still got his head to flick it back, same as Nouble did. Looks like the first player since Dec that can get us that goal threat from throw ins. Fitzwater is also pretty good at getting onto balls in the opposition box, and Ayo gives us another big player who they'll need 2 players to mark.

TBF we're one of the few (only?) sides in the top flight who've actually played against Nouble before he returned to Livi. He won't be a surprise.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

TBF we're one of the few (only?) sides in the top flight who've actually played against Nouble before he returned to Livi. He won't be a surprise.

To be fair, it's basically the unknown quality of us having about 6 genuine choices up front. We don't even know who'll play. 

Anderson, Nouble, Forrest, Bailey, Soto, Shinnie, Chukwuemeka and maybe Montano/Penrice if they play further up are all pretty scary to play against if you're a defender

"I genuinely think St Johnstone are in a false position in the league and I am not going to sit here and say who I think will be relegated but I don't think it will be St Johnstone.

"They have a fantastic manager and I think they will get it together, it is going to take Callum a wee bit of time with the new players coming in the building."

Interesting prediction from Martindale, I'm guessing he's thinking Dundee/Ross County are going down then?

Basically goes on to say if we win tomorrow we're not going down, and I get everyone laughed at his prediction earlier in the season that there was no way we'd get relegated but it's looking good now

"I think if you can manage to avoid defeat tomorrow - I don't want to tempt fate - but there is a very good chance you are not finishing 12th in the league."

Edited by ATLIS

We could line up very different from last time out

Clark

Sang Mahon Cleary McCart Gallagher 

Hallberg  Davidson  McPherson 

Bair Hendry 

Subs from

May Brown Booth Crawford Butterfield Parish Craig  MOH Middleton  E2 Gilmour 

Edited by THE FAT MAN

5 minutes ago, THE FAT MAN said:

We could line up very different from last time out

Clark