SUPERBOWL LVI

lichtie23

Really pleased for Stafford.

My daughter obviously wanted to see what happened, as she woke up wide awake at 2.10am. Weirdly she seems to find it hilarious.

AFC is going to be exciting with Burrow, Jackson, Allen, Lawrence, Mahomes, Herbert and maybe Zac Wilson in it.

Shame Rams spoilt the Cinderella ending, but at least they shouldn't be repeat champions.

1 hour ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Thinking we should all write stern letters to the BBC to rebuke them for not hiring Mike Carlson to the Pundit/Commentary team

Tbh, for me, Carlson is an excellent candidate for the 'People You Dislike For No Proper Reason' thread.  There's something about the guy that I find really creepy.

Thought at the end of the third, this had the potential to be a classic, still a great tho, I think Burrow was more hurt than let on.

The holding call at the end was Bullshit, refs clearly thought "we've not really been the TV tonight" 

Halftime show was magic, journey back to the late 90's early 00's when I was young and going out! 

Pretty good game, Shame it had to end the way it did. Wish the bengals got further down the field to make it interesting. Glad that Stafford and burrow never got seriously injured.

Half time show was pretty good, pretty obvious they Eminem was miming, he really needs to get lessons from Britney about keeping the mike close to your mouth as he kept pulling it away!

I watched it on game pass and the amount of adverts for electric SUV’s was unreal. The adverts made absolutely no sense just full of old celebs doing stuff and then at the very end a car would appear.

Fell asleep at the end of the 3rd. What a soft as shit holding call against the Benagls when that Rams drive was fizzling out but, as mentioned earlier, no facemask call on Ramsey was bizarre.

LA probably deserved it over the piece but I don't like Ramsay or Donald having SB rings. Guys like OBJ and Stafford getting them sort of cancels it out I guess.

Bring on the new season!

Decent SB, but as much as I think Jalen Ramsay is a knob, that was as clear a facemask grab by a wideout as you’ll ever see yet wasn’t called. Similarly, the important holding call on the Bengals late on was complete bullshit too. Rams deserved it for their late drive and Donald getting to Burrow at the end. Was enough drama and incident to keep me happy as a neutral, even though I wanted the Bengals to win. Stafford in particular seems a decent sort.

I imagine there will be a lot of plastic Rams fans in LA suddenly buying jerseys and T Shirts this week, before disappearing back to wherever they came from. Once more, next season, SoFi will be a road game for both the Rams and Chargers. 

Roll on next season. SB is in Glendale, should be easy for Denver fans to fly over the Rockies to get to. 😜

I understand why Kupp got MVP but no99 should have won that...apart from that a really enjoyable game only ruined by burrow not marching into Fg range with a second to go and McPherson ( loving the pics of him watching the ht show)kicking it to send it into Ot

Edited by doulikefish

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

Decent SB, but as much as I think Jalen Ramsay is a knob, that was as clear a facemask grab by a wideout as you’ll ever see yet wasn’t called.

i can understand why the ref's never called it. At real speed it looked like there was nothing in it other than Ramsey falling over. Once you see the replay it was an obvious pull. I thought when they reviewed a scoring play they could look if there was a foul in the lead up to it, obviously not.

the penalties at the end were on the soft scale and i've saw them not given but equally you see them given all the time.

i just wish the last drive was a bit more exciting.

How shite are the sky pundits btw? Every year it makes me realise why I watch red zone when I can.

Don't think the satellite link ups with anyone really work, and Neil Reynolds must be the most boring man on television. 

For a company like Sky who always seemed to be cutting edge, just seems to half baked.

5 hours ago, steelmen said:

I watched it on game pass and the amount of adverts for electric SUV’s was unreal. The adverts made absolutely no sense just full of old celebs doing stuff and then at the very end a car would appear.

If you watch NFL coverage live in the States the ad breaks are just a never ending cycle of trucks, beer, fast food, power tools, and cock pills. Talk about a captive audience.

Edited by Boo Khaki