Stagsby’s Staggies v Dunno-Who’s* Dons

Poor stuff. Not taking advantage of getting into good areas and some really suspect set pieces. Good to get a first look at Besuijen who had a few nice touches at least, and Jenks was reasonably sharp when he came on.

2 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

Like the end of the St Mirren game now. Plenty of the ball but not looking like having a shot never mind scoring.

It's the same script every week.

Lots of possession, create very little, opposition takes their only chance and we go another week without a win. Our away record this season has been utterly abysmal. 

Glass' subs are also very questionable once again.

That was a poor game matched by hopeless refereeing from Alan Muir.

The first half would have got football stopped. It was shocking stuff from both sides.

After an exchange of goals, the second half reverted to type. A draw was a fair result I felt and County were no better or poorer than us.

Now for my Dons type rant:

There was so much wrong.

First half was absolutely nothing football. Lot of sideways passing with McGeouch and Brown guilty of slowing the play far too often which let County setup 11 behind the ball. Ojo, Ferguson, Ramirez and the new boy did not show anywhere near enough for the ball and thus we ended up either having to go back the way or playing incredibly hopeful through balls with little chance of success. Letting County set up was absolutely criminal stuff.

Second half we came out and caught them by surprise by running direct at them for the first 8 minutes or so. That was positive but when Hayes scored, we are 1-0 up away from home having fluked 2 away wins all season. County have to come out and play. So why did we keep letting players bomb forward and leave gaping holes at the back. Soon as we went 1-0 up, that's the time to close up shop, play counter attacking football and make County do all the running. Instead we leave ourselves exposed and we get picked off easily.

From there the game became very scrappy and the further it went on, the more we reverted back to the first half with nothing stuff. However Ojo and Ramirez wasted 2 or 3 very reasonable openings between them by a severe lack of quality.

Ultimately, looking at that team, McGeouch, Ojo and Ramirez immediately aren't good enough. Ramsay, very very raw and has loads to work on defensively. Brown is living off past reputation and isn't really up to much and Ferguson has mentally checked out.

It is going to be a real struggle second half of the season.

31 minutes ago, BucksburnDandy said:

That was a poor game matched by hopeless refereeing from Alan Muir.

The first half would have got football stopped. It was shocking stuff from both sides.

After an exchange of goals, the second half reverted to type. A draw was a fair result I felt and County were no better or poorer than us.

Now for my Dons type rant:

There was so much wrong.

First half was absolutely nothing football. Lot of sideways passing with McGeouch and Brown guilty of slowing the play far too often which let County setup 11 behind the ball. Ojo, Ferguson, Ramirez and the new boy did not show anywhere near enough for the ball and thus we ended up either having to go back the way or playing incredibly hopeful through balls with little chance of success. Letting County set up was absolutely criminal stuff.

Second half we came out and caught them by surprise by running direct at them for the first 8 minutes or so. That was positive but when Hayes scored, we are 1-0 up away from home having fluked 2 away wins all season. County have to come out and play. So why did we keep letting players bomb forward and leave gaping holes at the back. Soon as we went 1-0 up, that's the time to close up shop, play counter attacking football and make County do all the running. Instead we leave ourselves exposed and we get picked off easily.

From there the game became very scrappy and the further it went on, the more we reverted back to the first half with nothing stuff. However Ojo and Ramirez wasted 2 or 3 very reasonable openings between them by a severe lack of quality.

Ultimately, looking at that team, McGeouch, Ojo and Ramirez immediately aren't good enough. Ramsay, very very raw and has loads to work on defensively. Brown is living off past reputation and isn't really up to much and Ferguson has mentally checked out.

It is going to be a real struggle second half of the season.

Not sure we were watching the same game.

1 hour ago, Frank Grimes said:

Once again I’ve watched a Scottish game and all I can think of is how shite the officiating is 

Sick of it 

The officiating is as shite as the football.

Another shitshow from a clueless Glass & his team.

Ojo out wide is comedic slapstick managerial buffoonery.

Get rid of him FFS 

56 minutes ago, Thenorthernlight said:

The officiating is as shite as the football.

Another shitshow from a clueless Glass & his team.

Ojo out wide is comedic slapstick managerial buffoonery.

Get rid of him FFS 

Feel free to replace him with Malky Mackay

Thanks to the A96 being closed Inverurie and Huntly it ended up being a longer trip north and back as was diverted via Insch and Gartly.

And what did we get for having to take nearly 4 hours to get back to Aberdeen due to the length of time to get out of County's car park and getting stuck behind buses and lorries on shite roads?

Yet another performance where we had lots of passing with little end product. County were there for the taking as they looked lethargic after their game v Secvco. 

A disappointing night and another 2 points dropped needlessly by rank bad defending yet again.

6 hours ago, coprolite said:

What was your take Joey? I didn't see the game myself. 

BucksburnDandy is your typical glass half empty Dons supporter. I could have understood that post last week describing the St Mirren match, which was genuinely awful and shambolic. Last night I thought that we did get the ball forward a lot quicker and there was very little of just knocking the ball about the back four, which happened loads of times last week. Of course we weren’t brilliant last night but the energy was back that was missing last week. We are always a better team with Jonny Hayes in the side and he was getting up and down the park all night. I thought Ferguson was good last night, looking to get on the ball, looking for shooting opportunities and getting stuck into the County midfield. One thing I do agree with him on is Calvin Ramsay. He is excellent going forward but worries me defensively. He cost us the goal last week with his lack of urgency to close down the scorer, and again last night he was at the heart of their goal. Although he did semi-block the cross, it was a half hearted challenge and the ball broke to the centre of the pitch and the guy got his shot away, although that should also have been blocked. Somebody needs to take Ramsay aside and explain that he needs to use his pace in defence as well as going forward.