Falkirk 1 Queen’s Park 1

25 minutes ago, NathanQP said:

I think the difference is the guy we’ve signed is 20 and it’s a 3 and a half year deal (essentially 3 as he’s not with us until the summer), I don’t think he’s coming in as the savour next season but certainly an option. 

Orr is 25, if he really was this goalscoring machine then he would be playing for someone better than Stenny at his age. 

Good post and a reminder that things have changed for us. Apart from the Project Fear about the lowland league the other main reason for changing the constitution was getting just reward for young talent. A 3 & 1/2 year deal says half a year with his club, two good seasons with us and then sell at a good price.

Kind of horrible realising you're done at 25 though 😏 

On 05/02/2022 at 20:16, latapythelegend said:

Take about 1000 off that for the real total.

Does it actually matter? every ticket is bought and paid for whether folk turn up or not, club still gets the money. I know plenty season ticket holders that miss half the games or now stream them at home. 

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Does it actually matter? every ticket is bought and paid for whether folk turn up or not, club still gets the money. I know plenty season ticket holders that miss half the games or now stream them at home. 

To me? No it doesn't really matter. Just simply highlighting that the crowd was substantially less than what was stated.

6 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

To me? No it doesn't really matter. Just simply highlighting that the crowd was substantially less than what was stated.

Think that’s standard procedure, the money paid for the ticket is all worth the same to the club coffers whether the person turns up, streams the game or whatever else so is therefore accounted. 

21 hours ago, NathanQP said:

I think the difference is the guy we’ve signed is 20 and it’s a 3 and a half year deal (essentially 3 as he’s not with us until the summer), I don’t think he’s coming in as the savour next season but certainly an option. 

Orr is 25, if he really was this goalscoring machine then he would be playing for someone better than Stenny at his age. 

I take it that is the party line Nathen, as you are one of those on the inside. Lets just ignore the fact that 25 year old Mr. Orr, has scored more goals than anyone at QP this season and that if he had been playing for use, he may have scored many more with the chances that we are making each week and missing.

On 07/02/2022 at 14:57, Dooflick said:

Good point and I agree, but qpsnapper is saying that because Orr has been at a lower level we should not take a chance with him. Nonsense.

No I'm not, I'm saying that he has played at this level before and it didn't work.

I agree Dracy looked promising and that McBride on that performance will never be a goalscorer, in fact on that performance he did nt even look like a football player. Regarding goalscorers, noticed that young Orr, who came through our youth system, is knocking them in for Stenhousemuir, scored again yesterday, and that the boy Henderson scored Alloa's only goal yesterday. Both proven goalscores, but we made no attempt to sign them in the transfer window. Henderson who was on loan at Alloa and was taken back be Celtic so that they could have a look at him, was available to be lent to us, if we had asked,but it appears nothing was done about him. Sad but true.
Fell into the Ewan or Euan trap